1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tim Tebow Would He Be A Good Choice??

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by DJboutit, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Raven

Raven Member

Would he be willing to play special teams?

Would he be willing to be a third string QB?

2. speedball

speedball Contributing Member

where to begin...first of all, Shaub's career is far from over, second, it takes a team to win--especially a superbowl. also, would you say the same about Tom Brady? He didn't win a superbowl last year. Also, if you want to replace Matt, you might want to UPGRADE instead of getting a 3rd string fullback like Tebow. I like Tebow and think he will finally get a shot somewhere in Canada--like Doug Flutie--to prove himself.

3. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

That's the thing. People are frustrated with Schaub and rightfully so. But some are so frustrated that they've adopted an "anybody but Schaub" mentality and start desiring inferior QBs. Schaub isn't THAT bad. Sure, we're frustrated, but he's still a borderline top 10 QB. It's not like there are a lot of QB's that are better. And Tebow sure as hell isn't one of them.

1 person likes this.
  4. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

i mean just look at the transformation the jets went thru under Tebow's tutelage!

pay him, Rick!

5. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

6. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

I have no desire to read through this entire thread but are some idiots actually arguing bringing in Tebow is something the Texans should do?

I don't like to name call at all but there is no other way to describe someone who thinks bringing in Tebow would help this team or be an upgrade over Schaub.

7. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

This is what I don't get. When we see evidence that his intangibles did nothing for the Jets, your argument is that he should have started. Why? So that his tangibles can take over the team?

8. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

I think we should pick up Tebow and make him play Full Back.

Then pick up vince young and make him a tight end.

9. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Dont think so pimpn..

10. speedball

speedball Contributing Member

YES! And, can we please tank this year so we can draft Johnnie Football to be our place kicker?

1 person likes this.
  11. wadero

wadero Member

He did win in the playoffs, Schaub can't say that, and it was against the Steelers

12. Poloshirtbandit

13. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I also think he would be a good fullback. He's pretty big guy, I would give him a shot.

14. oelman44

oelman44 Member

So if Tebow is open about being a christian he is called a ****ing wanker but when an athlete is open about being gay he is called a hero? :rolleyes:

1 person likes this.
  15. platypus

platypus Member

So who beat the bengals this year? Case Keenum? GTFO

16. SevenMinuteAbs

1. Tebow isn't being called a wanker because he's openly christian, he's being called a wanker because he's all up in your face about it, even making national commercials about it.

2. The dude's not being called a hero because he's gay, he's being called a hero because he is THE FIRST openly gay active professional male athlete. He's knocking down a HUGE barrier in the process.

17. fatginger

fatginger New Member

I don't understand why people are having such a hard time understanding this.

18. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

19. REDNINJA

REDNINJA Member

I think Tebow could replace the dynamic that James Casey brought. He can play pass catching fb or te. It would be interesting but I don't want that circus here

20. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Teams know that the media circus is not worth a marginal player like tebow, at any position he decided to play. I'd be surprised if any team picks him up.