1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McHale Harden dispute on TV

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Fair Dinkum, Apr 30, 2013.

1. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

I think I remember seeing this after the shot. McHale was talkin to Harden at halfcourt near the scorer's table and he said, "That's not a good shot." He said it twice and Harden seemed to disagree and he was somewhat disgruntled.

I think Harden is a number two guy or we need a player who can be a leader and set an example for Harden. Or we can get a smart, experienced PG that runs the damn play without Harden. Either that or get a big who can score in the post. Harden can't say **** if we run our offense through the post if that's the game plan.

2. RoxOn RoxOff

RoxOn RoxOff Member

Link?

3. Rocket Freak

Rocket Freak Contributing Member

Harden needs to be smart enough to know Parsons was the man last night. Multiple late possessions without Chandler touching the ball was inexcusable.

4. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

of the 6 players you have mentioned you say are better than harden, who would you trade harden for straight up?

5. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

Who's at fault?

Easily both Harden and McHale.

One goes off and does his own things, the other let him off the hook at year long such that it becomes ingrained and admittedly it's hard to send a message to your star player for the first time in the playoffs.

McHale lost Lowry and Martin last year, and he lost Harden this year.

6. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

How did McHale lose Lowry and Martin last year? Was it similar? Maybe its McHale's player management style that's the problem.

7. CCM721

CCM721 Member

This guy has gotta be a troll. He's the same dude that was saying Monta Ellis was just as good as Harden, when Harden was still lighting it up. and he usually says something ridiculous about true NBA fans at the end of his posts.

8. Habs

Habs Member

I'm not saying they are better, some of the players on the list currently are - no debate (Parker, Paul, Wade). Depending on this playoffs and next season, Curry will get there, and the way he's balling right now, he's basically already there. If Memphis gets past the Clippers, and Conley continues playing the way he plays? I'd say Conley makes the leap into a top tier PG. A late bloomer a la Steve Nash.

Who would I trade him straight up for? Parker in a heartbeat, same with Chris Paul. Wade would make me think hard (it'd be a shot at an NBA Championship for the 2-3 years you have Wade in his prime) if the Rockets got Jefferson in the off-season. I'd make the trade for Curry. I wouldn't for Klay Thompson, even though Golden State refuted OKC on a Thompson/Harden deal I haven't seen enough out of Thompson yet.

But anyone who thinks Harden is a lock for 1st NBA All Team is a Harden fanboy that doesn't actually watch the NBA.

9. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

he knows it but its just a bad habit...we all know what we should do...even heroin adict knows he shouldnt do heroin...but he still does it...

10. ChandlerBANG

ChandlerBANG Member

Let's just have Harden do both player and head coaching duties at the same time. Is that allowed?

11. dantian

dantian Member

In any case, if McHale cannot control and convince the franchise player to play his concept, the management has to make choice between him and the said player. Jerry Sloan anyone?

12. Habs

Habs Member

Can't believe I forgot to mention D. Rose and Rajon Rondo. I respect Rose's game but not his biggest fan.

Rondo's one of my favourite players in the NBA to watch. I'd do that trade in a heartbeat. He's basically his generation's Jason Kidd (with Rose being Payton).

Any of those the 2 could be future locks for first and second All-NBA.

13. rainjacket

rainjacket Member

Isn't Harden shooting less than 30% in the clutch

14. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Yeah he had a moment but he has been playing stupid ball lately and if he can't be coached... Let's just say somethings gotta give. If you count his turnovers as missed opportunities to score than he went 4-22. And that's not counting some of his stupid fouls.

I do not discount his desire to win... if you want to call that heart fine. But he wants to win on his terms . When he is the clear leader and the one to determine how the game is played. He is not smarter than the coaches and what he is showing is that he isn't even smarter than many of his fellow players.

I'll cut him slack this year because it has been a long year where he really played well and a lot of people told him that and it clearly stuck in his head. Hell I am even guilty of thinking after Lebron and Durant he could be the next best thing. But he is not that now. Most everyone on this board can see he has been playing ****ty for a while.

Right now he is not even the best player on the team. Parsons is clearly playing smarter and better than him. He needs to get back to that form when he was hungry to win and seemed to play smarter and more team oriented even when he was beasting. He ain't beasting anymoreand now to top it off he isn't listening either. The only thing consistent about his game is stinking up the court with bad shots and turnovers.

It's okay to take over and shoot when he thinks he is open. But ISO'ing at the top of the key for 20 seconds off theclock and then deciding to shoot or pass is not smart basketball even if he is making it. Of course if he is making heat checks or okay. And it's okay to take that shot sometimes but when he's off he needs to at least mix it up some. That's all McHale wants. That's all most of us on this board want. We want him to play well score lots of points and win for us. Not for him.

15. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Dumb. Those were great looks Harden got. That's what superstars do. Every day there's some new **** and someone's hating on Harden. Thanks to him we've over achieved and people have the nerve to talk about trading him, benching him and talking **** about him. Some of you are insane.

Harden >Mchale

16. howo13579

howo13579 Member

17. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

18. OTMax

OTMax Member

The biggest problem I have with this is Harden's failure (again) to own up to his terrible play and mistakes, especially those last 3 shots. I'm very disappointed and confirms that he's not a leader, is selfish and McHale has no control over him. This better not turn into another T-mac like saga with a guy who thinks he's selfish to the point where it hurts the team. See Olajuwon used to be the man down the stretch but he made sure he made a play, get double teamed if need be and kick it out to Max, Horry etc. Harden does not even make a play, but that's also on his teammates who kind of expect him to go iso and do not even move. This is not good..

19. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Harden actually had a good look on his last step back shot. It just bounced off the front of the rim. He will eventually make those shots.

20. howo13579

howo13579 Member

He might be a blinded Lin homer but I hate it when a guy criticizes Harden and all of you suddenly come out and cry why u no criticize Lin. Same thing when someone criticize Lin, LOFs like to cry why Harden get to do it but not Lin. Harden is our best offensive player but his late game dribbling down the shot clock is pissing me off. You don't ****ing run the clock down when there are still 3 min to play in a close game.