1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WC 1st round] L.A. Clippers vs. Memphis

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Apr 18, 2013.

Tags:
?

(4) L.A. Clippers vs. (5) Memphis

1. Clippers in 4

2.1%
  2. Clippers in 5

10.6%
  3. Clippers in 6

19.1%
  4. Clippers in 7

19.1%
  5. Grizzlies in 4

1.1%
  6. Grizzlies in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Grizzlies in 6

18.1%
  8. Grizzlies in 7

29.8%
  1. what

what Member

well i know right now that they have a better chance than the clippers do.

2. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

I would take Marc Gasol over Howard any day of the week. Elite level defender just like Howard, but has a nice low post game, excellent passer, and reliable offensive threat. Not to mention he is also a great free throw shooter.

3. awc713

awc713 Member

Underratedly Griz could be NIGHTMARE matchup for heat...

zbo and gasol play too hard-nosed for softy bosh and co....lengthy, defensive minded guards and wings could at least challenge the heat.

i think it'd be a great series.

4. clippy

clippy Member

I bet you said that last year too. But, just like at this point last year, both teams had a zero percent chance at winning the title.

5. clippy

clippy Member

No, it would be Heat in 5 at worst. The Heat are just coasting right now. This is one of the best teams in NBA history. The Grizz are a mediocre mid 50s team like the Clippers.

6. clippy

clippy Member

What-- keep in mind that the Clippers had Z bo too and he was probably a better player then than he is now, but the coaches didn't know how to use him. This is what Hollins has integrated so well on the Grizz. For one thing, he got Zach to play defense.

I hope you fans underrate that coach and he ends up not being resigned... Maybe the Clippers can get him.

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

[​IMG]

8. what

what Member

if you say so.

9. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

When did fans start hiring and firing coaches?

10. clippy

clippy Member

Well in LA they have a season ticket holder meeting where the fans do have a say, not sure it has any bearing though. Certainly the media perception makes a difference and that can be influenced by fans. It probably isn't a huge factor but we have some voice.

11. clippy

clippy Member

For ex. D'antoni is getting blasted in the LA radio but I'm sure the Lakers don't want to fire him for financial reasons. They may have to to avoid another riot though.

12. clippy

clippy Member

Hahahaha if you think the Grizz have even the remotest shot at winning the title you are even dumber than I thought. And to be clear, I think you're pretty dumb.

13. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Jim Buss couldn't care less how angry the fans are. If he wants to save money Mike D isn't going anywhere.

14. clippy

clippy Member

I dunno.. The "we want Phil" chants were pretty loud.

Ultimately, it may come down to a situation where Dwight demands it (same thing CP3 has... although in that case VDN isn't under contract). If that happens, then the Lakers are in a tough situation. They just signed a huge tv contract though, so I dunno if a few million in salary is that big a deal.

15. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Phil isn't going back to that disaster after the way they treated him so they can chant all the want. And if Dwight says hire blank and I'll stay the Lakers are in a wonderful situation. Howard will earn them way more money in the long term than they would save by not firing Mike.

16. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

Why couldn't they? Whoever wins this series is a shoe in for the WCF series. The Grizzlies can win against the Spurs and they sure as hell aren't who the Heat want to play.

I'm sorry to intrude on y'all's feud.

17. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

I like them against OKC sans Westbrook, and they've had good success against San Antonio in the past.

Miami though, yeah, that's not happening.

18. clippy

clippy Member

They didn't treat Phil poorly and he's marrying the boss's sister so he has ties either way. He probably won't go back because it is a rough situation but on the other hand he did take over in '05 when they were even worse. I hope he doesn't return because god knows he's the only guy who could actually turn that mess around.

19. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Bosh against Gasol, might be some problem for Miami.

But Zbo would be guarding Lebron ....................................

20. clippy

clippy Member

First off, they neither team is a shoo in for the WCF because OKC is still a great team with HCA. Second, and most importantly, even if the Clippers or Grizz got by the Spurs, they have no chance against the HeT. None. Zero. I mean, unless LeBron goes down, in which case maybe they have a small chance.