1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WC 1st round] L.A. Clippers vs. Memphis

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Apr 18, 2013.

Tags:
?

(4) L.A. Clippers vs. (5) Memphis

1. Clippers in 4

2.1%
  2. Clippers in 5

10.6%
  3. Clippers in 6

19.1%
  4. Clippers in 7

19.1%
  5. Grizzlies in 4

1.1%
  6. Grizzlies in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Grizzlies in 6

18.1%
  8. Grizzlies in 7

29.8%
  1. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Still leaves the Rockets as a better situation.

2. clippy

clippy Member

Yep, after game 6 last year I thought the Clippers had no chance, but they came back and won so I'm not gonna give up on them. Doesn't look too good though, eso. If Blake is injured again.

3. clippy

clippy Member

Eh, I don't think so. Harden is ball dominant like CP3 so unless he wants to come off the bench again, that won't work as well as it does on paper. I think the Rockets overachieved big time this year and won't be that good next year, but I understand on a Rockets board you'll fell differently.

Keep in mind that even if CP3 loses this series, it's against a 56 win team and a contender in any year except this one(since everyone is playing for 2nd). It's just a fluke that two great teams met up in the first round. Memphis is damn good and there is no shame losing to them. They were the last team I wanted the Clipps to face in the first round, and I said as much even when the Clippers were up 2-0.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Noodling for LOF successful

5. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

i am not a lof at all...but if that's your excuse for censoring your inner pupil, and isolating yourself from the insights of ingenious people, then so be it...
    my english is very good and the small mistakes make it more hypnotic and besides it shows i have more important things to do...CP3 would be much better player with few deficiencies like my english...had he to work on his intangibles...just like you...less gramary pettines more openmindedness ...you do better...:grin:

6. Juxtaposed Jolt

o_0 ...the eff?

7. clippy

clippy Member

It reads like one of those web translate apps.

Is this guy a Kobe fan? Because I'm getting eerie goodbug vibes...

8. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

i am not a lof look at my sig....you really need to update your criteria for measuring greatness of players...the classic stats and even eye test is outdated...the dude is what 8 years in the league advancing no further than 2 playoff round and he is perhaps greatest pg of all times and top 50 player...gimmea break..

9. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

[​IMG]

10. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

it means do not allow your nitpicking about my grammar prevent you from learning from me...

11. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Haha I know right? This guy is definitely using some translator lol.

12. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Why would anybody think the Rockets would be worse next year? A majority of people not on this board and that aren't Rockets fans expect them to be better next year. They are a young team that is likely to get better and can't possibly play any worse in close games than they did this year. Statistically the Rockets underachieved if you look at how bad they were in close games.

Also, if the get CP3 they could easily add another player like Smith or Milsap via sign and trade. As far as Harden goes, he is fully capable of playing off the ball and wouldn't have to come off the bench.

Losing in the first round when you have home court advantage is never a good thing. I'd be surprised if CP3 thought the Clippers took a step forward this year if they end up losing this series.

13. what

what Member

So it was all coaching why the grizzlies won? Zach and Marc and Conley had nothing to do with it?

Charles said it best, when the clippers win the players credit themselves and when they lose they blame the coach. I guess that's what clipper fans do also.

14. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

good....youll learn even better when your laughing...when you laugh endorphines are being realesed all over your system and they enhance learning...so just keep laughing...you actually dont have to think about this...youll just wake up one day thinking to yourself boy cp3 is really overrated...most of the learning is done this way....particularly mayor insights and paradigm shifts...its an unconscious process...it never occurs when you actually consciously thinking about things...

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

[​IMG]

16. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Why'd you end that with a question mark. It clearly wasn't a question. Surprising I have to tell this to someone who bashes on others for their English deficiencies, which by the way isn't a prerequisite to be a poster on here.

17. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

he no i am actually the one who said it was the best possible scenario for him and lakers when he got injured...:grin:

18. clippy

clippy Member

No, the Grizz are great but the coach is what puts them into that position. Hollins made some great calls down the stretch that were key in preserving the lead. VDN waited way too long to go to the guard rotation and never diagrammed any sets so all we had was iso ball.

It's funny, I'm more complimentary of the Grizz than I am with any other team and you are so antagonistic that you can't see that. You truly are a huge douchebag... But I like your team. "Y'all" have zero chance at winning a title anytime soon though.

19. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

hehee:grin: nice one my sone ... nice one:grin:

20. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

any team Lin was on highly exceeded expectations....