1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McHale Harden dispute on TV

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Fair Dinkum, Apr 30, 2013.

1. CCM721

CCM721 Member

To teammates standing still in corners?

2. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

Where is PPat when we need him? He is the 1st one who call out other players during their 7 game loosing streak. Wait, he got shipped out! Good thing we got Garcia on that one. It netted Morey a neutral score. But PPat, i miss u, not just CH.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

You want to stop it, move to him, bring your defender over and stand there FORCE him to pass it.

Harden is good, but not as good as he THINKS he is...

DD

4. agpal77

agpal77 Rookie

How can us fans tell Harden to ****inggggg wakeup!!!!!!!!! He isn't all that yet!!!!

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

You know who also used to freelance at times rather than execute the play drawn up by the coach?

These guys:

[​IMG]

6. Raven

Raven Member

Harden was anointed the franchise savior before even stepping on the court in a Rockets' jersey, just like Steve was, and when players are given a green light without having to earn it, it sometimes leads to problems concerning shot selection.

Very few "franchise" players can keep their hunger for glory in check. It's up to the coach to manage the issue by pushing buttons not by yapping about it publicly.

7. muhaha

muhaha Member

what goes around comes around? :grin:
    This Harden/McHale is not good for the team...

8. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

You realize whats gonna happen now right?

Game 5, six seconds left on the game clock, Houston down 2, Harden goes ISO, step back 3 in Durants face to win the game.

9. Fighton

Fighton Member

i'm sure parsons would've like to have taken the last shot last night as well, since he was having a good night.

this is what happens when you make it known to everyone that the team will be built AROUND him and everyone is dispensable except for him, rather than him being a part (the major part) of the TEAM.

10. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

As i think about it, this is mchale's 1st playoffs as a coach. Too late to change things. Give him 1 more season and he will make everyone lined up, including the team superstar. Book it. Next playoffs, they will mostly follow the play as designed. I say mostly since players need to have the ability to modify depending on what is happening on the floor. But at least, modification should be the last resort, not the base.

11. agpal77

agpal77 Rookie

If Harden will cost us game 5 with his ego, I don't think I can stand watching the Rockets again till he or something big changes... It just takes out the fun watching your team if your best player is a liability or cancer.

12. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

I remember Parsons post game interview after the Spurs game in which Lin blew the last shot. "He earned the right to take that shot by the way he played in the game."

I really like this style of giving the last shot to the best player for your team in that game.

13. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

very well said.

it happened not only in this series but also in many regular season games.

14. keez857

keez857 Member

The reason why this 'conflict' is plausible to everyone is very telling. This could be written off as a miscommunication or whatever, but I think many here have been able to see that somethings not right. Now that we've seen a whole season including a few playoff games, we're starting to see something is not right here. Tensions boil in these games and true colors show. It's not one person's fault though.

I think Harden a top 10 talent. But ever since he came here from OKC, something seemed to irk me about him. Throughout the season there have been some very subtle things. His body language during timeouts, his interactions with his teammates and coaches, and just his overall demeanor on the court; it never seemed like he bought into our team 100%. There was this feeling like we weren't as good as OKC or that we weren't good enough for him. I figured I was reaching so I brushed it off as an adjustment period for Harden. After all he seemed pretty shocked at what happened in the off season.

And then you have McHale. He definitely hasn't been the best of coaches at times. He puts down his players, his rotations are questionable, and he looks pretty frazzled during intense game situations. I mean just listen to the mic'd up segments of him talking during timeouts, "We're okay guys, we're okay." I know it's out of context, but it really feels like a broken record sometimes. And ugh, his interaction with the refs. He has the same routine everytime. Look really pissed, then throw hands up in frustration and walk away. McHale was a great player, but he just doesn't look like a leader at times.

Something has got to give here. Like many of you have said, and as history dictates... Things don't look good for McHale. Sometimes I just wish I knew what was going on in that locker room. Just to know for sure who's getting a fair shake and who isn't.

2 people like this.
  15. Penetrate&Creat

Interesting. Harden becoming the next Melo? Not a good sign for the Rox.

Someone needs to bring this guy down to earth, and quickly. Guess i'll start cutting McHale some slack now that this information has surfaced.

16. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

I completely disagree. It's unfair to call him selfish after one season, especially one were you conveniently forgot his 6 assists a game and efficient scoring. He's a great player, and he's staying in Houston so you better get used to it.

Lebron gave it to his guys for bad shots plenty of times and has missed his fair share of fade away step backs in the fourth quarter. I can go out and find some on YouTube if you'd like, but now he makes better decisions (or makes the shot). I'd call that a learning curve.

17. CCM721

CCM721 Member

I like how all Lin fans correlate Harden to Melo, because last year was their first time ever watching basketball so it is their only reference point.

1 person likes this.
  18. THELANDLORD

THELANDLORD Member

This is blown out of proportion. Im sure the play was designed to get the ball into Harden's hands just not have him take it and stand there till 5 seconds on the shot clock. Harden just made it hard on himself thats it. He needs to stop waving screens off

19. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

nothing will change as long as failure is more often then success.

20. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

We got too many young guys and bit players who defer to Harden even when he's breaking the play. That needs to changed next year.