1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McHale Harden dispute on TV

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Fair Dinkum, Apr 30, 2013.

1. muhaha

muhaha Member

reading the posts reminded me that a while back someone saw that when Harden is ready to play he just looked at the coach and walked to the mid court to come back to play. The comment at the time was that he has McHale's OK to play anytime he wants. I guess that might not be the case. McHale probably didn't have any control over Harden whether he wants to play or not.

remember there is that one game where all starter got benched at the 4th quarter? and some think that McHale is trying to make a statement,

I hope I am over analyzing, but if this holds true, I think McHale will be gone or we will have a problem...

2. CCM721

CCM721 Member

Its about as outlandish as you suggesting Harden should be traded.

3. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

I've seen much, much worse from player/coach interactions. It's a stretch that they were having a go at each other. Harden made some really poor decisions, but I think it has a lot more to do with the learning curve of being a number one option in the playoffs. It took Lebron a while to figure it out too, and he's the best player in the world. At least he wasn't too scared to take the shot like Lebron was for a while there with Cleveland. Give the man time. He's only 23, and I don't think it's an issue.

4. agpal77

agpal77 Rookie

Harden is a typical entitled, self-absorbed, stubborn, selfish, dumb, ******* of a star. Winning is obviously second to playing hero/star in his mind.

5. conquistador#11

i always reference murph, the dude that played for some franchise in houston and wears loud suits, because murph makes a lot of sense when it comes to basketball. Having harden run the point for certain stretches is great, but having him do it as much as the pg is a recipe for greater turnovers and a tired worn out harden.

The coaching staff should have plays where harden doesn't have to work so hard to get a shot. But they've been enablers since harden arrived and had those 2 huge games. the coaching staff truly feared the beard.

Democratic ball always!

1 person likes this.
  6. muhaha

muhaha Member

LOLOL :grin:

7. hooroo

hooroo Member

Attack you? No, but I am pointing out, how you're not being "fair dinkum".

8. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

It's kind of lame to say those were good shots but he couldn't make it because he was cold.

First of all, standing still pull up or step back long 3 with Sef in your face is NEVER good shot.

Second, he knew he's cold, and he's been missing whole night, what made he think those were good shots?

Your team bailed you out and got the win. As the best player of the team, show some appreciation and move on. Your status is not changed by a few missing shots or bad shots, but your attitude will change how your teammates view you.

9. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

There is no learning curve to thinking it's own you and only on you. You either get it or don't. maybe if he got sent to Russia like Beverly he might understand. Right now his ego is unchecked and McHale is not trying hard enough (he wants to keep his job) to check it.

At least lebron didn't wait till 3 seconds were left on the shot to pass it up. I loved it when Delfino screamed at Harden for passing it to him with 2 seconds left. It's like he said hey stupid what do you expect me to do with it that late.

10. Old Man Rock

The coaching staff does have plays were Harden doesn't have to handle the ball. It's called there offense. McHale is always screaming move the ball. harden is not listening much lately.

11. CCM721

CCM721 Member

He did show appreciation, but he was specifically asked about those last few shots. Should he not respond honestly?

12. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

in other news, the memphis grizzlies are an excellent basketball team!

13. munco

munco Member

Crud. I figured McHale called for the ISO on the last 3 possessions. Maybe I was wrong? Still think he's a mediocre coach at best.

14. Phillycheese

Phillycheese Member

Read what I wrote, there are no absolutes. I agree in most cases the players should run the plays as drawn, but there has to be some flexibility - eg on an inbound pass, you find Greg Smith on Fisher, then pass it to Smith inside even if that was not the play. Harden saying he would do the same is just pride talking. I am sure coach and him had it out behind closed doors.

15. Old Man Rock

That's the problem. His honest response is I would do it again. Under the same circumstances he would play stupid again. That is arrogance plain and simple. His teammates didn't bail him out, the bailed out the Rockets. he is just one player on a team. He needs to get that.

16. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

Show appreciation meaning - owning up to your mistakes.

Those were NOT good shots, no matter how he spins it. Remember those shots Parsons or Asik got around the basket before those so-predictable possessions? Those were good shots, no matter you are hot/cold/lukewarm.

17. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

Look mate! I was just searching the internet for Houston Rockets news before the big game tomorrow and found this TV report which I found interesting and thought I'd share. What's not fair about that? What is your problem with me, what agenda do you think I have? Go on, say it and stop being a wuss? Geezus!

18. CCM721

CCM721 Member

The one air ball was a bad shot, however Ive seen him hit that step back mid range several times this year. And I still don't understand what hes supposed to do if his teammates are watching him and not moving, take it to the paint and get blocked by Ibaka?

19. dream1222

dream1222 Member

move the ball?

20. agpal77

agpal77 Rookie

Harden's ego/skin has gotten so thick that he probably doesn't even realize or admit that he was the reason we lost game 3. He seems to have a bigger ego than Lebron, Kobe or Durant. Keep in mind, at least all these 3 players plays defense.