1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McHale Harden dispute on TV

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Fair Dinkum, Apr 30, 2013.

1. texansalltheway

Harden's shot selection at the end of the game was terrible, those are the easiest shots to defend if you just chuck it up

2. whoisray

whoisray Contributing Member

I'm not defending Harden but if he made them, we would be saying he's clutch.

3. tminusrex

tminusrex Rookie

if my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle

1 person likes this.
  4. CCM721

CCM721 Member

Not when his teammates are standing still watching him dribble the ball.

5. Audioout

Audioout Member

I'm actually fine with this. He'll learn, but if he's too afraid to shoot the final shot like some people here were trying to say then he'll never really get over that.

He is our #1. I want him to act like it.

6. hooroo

hooroo Member

7. timyeung

timyeung Member

Bottom line is Harden is not listening to Coach Mchale and Harden will do his own thing. Harden is going to keep doing Isos (even if they are low percentage for him), keep turning over the ball, and keep putting little effort on defense. Mchale has no control over Harden, and he is too weak to bench Harden even when he is having a poor game or is turning over the ball 10 times, like he did in Game 4. This is a similar situation the Knicks faced when Melo refused to listen to Coach D'Antoni, and we all know how that went. If this friction is not resolved, expect Coah Mchale to be gone next season.

8. alethios

alethios Member

Same could be said of Lebron and MJ in their early years as the #1 option. Granted they made some pretty spectacular plays, but they also made boneheaded ones too, that go unremembered.

9. New

I could not speak for others but I hate isos. The same reason I do not like to watch Kobe or Durant's game. The nightmare for me is to see Harden becomes a player like that.

10. New

11. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

Real simple.
    It's a players league.

You ever see Phil Jackson coach up Jordan or Kobe?

Remember Scottie Pippen refusing to enter the game because the last shot was being drawn up for Kukoc?

It is a players league.
    And this is squarely on Harden.

12. Bo6

Bo6 Member

Harden + D12 would be sure cancer.

13. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

The definition of insanity is 'repeatedly doing the same thing - and expecting different results....'

Harden is really lookin more n more like a jerk everyday... how many playoff games in a row does he need to blow before he pulls his head outta his butt?

14. SexyButIgnorant

Overreacting. Harden said the 'benched the whole fourth quarter' simply cause he had 5 fouls. Nothing he could do. As for the shots, harden creates the space, but he is just missing. It's a shame. At the end of the day, I see no quarrel

15. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

That's BS. Harden needs to listen to his coach. Attack the basket. Make the defense work to get a stop. Really disappointed that he doesn't understand this.

16. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I guess denial is more than just a river in Egypt... ;) lol

17. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

It's not completely outlandish. Lin had good games when Harden was out. Lin is better with the ball in his hands. The team is better when Harden doesn't ISO so much. Letting Lin handle the ball more and Harden ISO less would help both players.

Lin helped the Knicks much more before Melo returned. Melo returned and took over controlling the ball like Harden and Lin became less important. Not saying that shouldn't happen. But personally IMO some balance is what's needed. And actually for a while it is what happen. But toward the end of the season the more important the game the more Harden wanted control and the worst he played.

The team plays better when Harden mixes it up and when move the ball around and when Lin has more control of the ball. That was our key to success down the stretch. SO it's not completely outlandish to say Harden is slowing down Lin's success.

18. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

Weak! Attack me and not address the issue of the CSN TV report about the Harden and McHale dispute. Did I put words into Harden and McHale's mouths? Did I not say I don't want any LOF/LOH bull here. Is this topic taboo somehow that Harden or McHale may look bad? I think the topic is legit enough for it to be splashed on the front page of a Houston TV homepage.

I have already expressed my negative opinion of the way the Rockets call end game plays and I'm entitled to that without being labelled as anything else except for someone who thinks the rockets can finish games better.

I've been trying to contribute to this forum in a positive manner... read all the posts in which I've expressed how much I love the rockets. It people like you who are looking for agendas and ulterior motives that actually have an agenda.

1 person likes this.
  19. RiceRockets

RiceRockets Member

I thought the two shots he was talking about were fine, although in hindsight I'm sure he wishes he moved the ball because he was forcing it when he was cold.

He didn't say "I'm going to ISO every time", he was saying he would take those same particular shots if he gets them.

20. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

Don't really give a crap about it. Just him being stubborn. He'll be great at the start of next season and everyone will be on his nuts again. But just for the "benched in the 4th quarter" thing, he wasn't taking a shot at McHale. He said right after that quote(if it wasn't cut off) that he needed to do better at not hacking players.