1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anna-Megan Raley and the Chunky Cheerleader story?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by sugrlndkid, Apr 29, 2013.

1. conquistador#11

Did Ann get fired over that ? Yet somehow richard lord's partner still has a gig?
    I'm not a fan of hers, but I think the station just wanted to save some money and needed an excuse to wack her.

As for the cheerleader and women in general, as long as they keep it under 250 lbs, they're all beautiful.

2. Blake

Blake Member

As many have pointed out, she lied about who wrote the article. That is why we assume she was fired, not for the article itself

3. durvasa

durvasa Member

Why would she submit an article under someone else's name? If she doesn't want to get credit for it, why submit it at all? She has some hatchet to grind against this cheerleader?

4. Fyreball

Fyreball Member

I'm guessing it might have something to do with readers and their comments? Maybe she didn't want people to know it was HER writing in that blog. Digital Content Manager sounds a heck of a lot better than "Random Blogger Who Most People Dislike." By having a pen name, she doesn't have to deal with the A) hornball guys who probably spam her comments page with come-on lines or B) people who don't like her, and let her know it.

5. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

At this point, I have read millions of posts on this forum and that post from moes is still hands down the most awesome thing written.

6. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

It's a family name.

1 person likes this.
  7. Precision340

Precision340 Member

no shiet.. has all these criterias and probably banged a bunch of dudes already :rolleyes: cockflounder!! :grin:

8. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Well, to be fair...that was posted back in 2006. She was still very young at that point. By this point in time, I would imagine she has discovered that she will die alone if she actually stuck with that list as strict rules to who she will be with.

People can change a lot in 7 years.

9. oelman44

oelman44 Member

This is ridiculous IMO. The article is says something along the lines of "Lately OKC Thunder fans have criticized her for being too chunky. We think she's beautiful! What do you guys think?"

She's not even criticizing the cheer-leader, she's saying that other people were. And give me a ****ing break about objectifying her. She's a cheerleader. Cheerleaders are supposed to be skinny, I mean they wear skimpy outfits solely for the male audiences.

10. Cannonball

Cannonball Member

I doubt that's the case. It's a way for her to call the cheerleader fat while trying to make it appear like she's not calling her fat.

It's like if I came Clutchfans and made a thread about how "others" are calling Anna Megan is a dumb w**** who was only able to get a job in sports media because she promised to give John McClain a handy in the Wendy's drive thru whenever he wanted one (which is quite often), but how "I" don't believe that and think that the people saying those things are mean.

It's a way to attack someone without having the balls to admit you're the one doing the attacking. Even if you really don't believe it, you're promoting the criticism to an audience that was ignorant of it in the first place. Who in Houston knew who this cheerleader was and how many knew "people" were calling her chunky? Nobody. More likely AMR was posting her own personal thoughts. But even her alternate identity was too scared to take credit for calling a Thunder cheerleader fat.

11. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Hope this doesn't lead to fat cheerleaders.

1 person likes this.
  12. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

yess.

13. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

b****es be b****in.

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Fat chicks need to stick to being flag girls. I always enjoy a good laugh at those fat flag girls. They look so ridiculous.

15. The Cat

The Cat Member

I'll go even further and say it's the most awesome post I've read on any blog/forum. Amazing.

16. oelman44

oelman44 Member

True. Didn't really think about it that way.

Still don't think its a big deal. If media wouldn't have made a big fuss about this the cheerleader probably would never have even heard it, but now she is forced to be embarrassed by it.

17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

Why was she writing under a pseudonym? Agree with those of you who think it's weird. She worked for CBS/610 radio, who published the article. So, did the radio station have no idea this piece was written by one of their own employees or did the station ask her to (or at least let her) write under a different name?

Anyway, 610 being 610.

18. Brando2101

Brando2101 Member

This is an outrage. She writer's stance was to support the cheerleader amid the discussing about the girls weight.

There is no way that NBA fans (and players) have discussed the weight of the girl. I'm sure a lot can be found on other message boards.

This woman was fired for introducing a discussion on the idea of female objectification and how a girl that doesn't fit the traditional mold can survive. This is a travesty.

19. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

I dont know, I witnessed the great EFF wars in alt.binaries.* back when the internet was truly a frontier. There were some epic(in every sense of the word) posts made back then.

and of course, who can forget BloodNinja?

but moe's post responding to AMR rivals those legendary posts I mentioned above, that much is certain.

lulz....cockflounder...heh

20. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Member

well, what's plan B, sweetheart?

paging...

El Hitman
    [​IMG]

#100 bigtexxx, Apr 30, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2013