1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tim Tebow Would He Be A Good Choice??

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by DJboutit, Apr 30, 2013.

1. likestohypeguy

Right, you don't sound hateful at all.

To answer your questions, no it's not that Schaub "doesn't have" a strong work ethic at all, or is even a poor leader, but Tebow is one of if not the best in those respects, & yes even if he never saw the field, those intangibles can have an effect on the guys. It's just hard to believe you really think schaub especially would have nothing to learn from tebow, psychologically, spiritually, just general mental gamesmanship.

2. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

You could win some games with Arian Foster and this defense if you built the entire team around the read option type stuff Tebow can do. Would the offense be as good as it is currently constituted? Not even close....I imagine we could go 7-9.

If you bring Tebow in as a backup, not only does the circus come to town but if your starting QB goes down, you have to implement an entirely new offense on the fly, because Tebow running our standard offense would be full of fail.

He had a little success in Denver but it seems to be mostly from superheroic defensive efforts.

I am sure he is a max effort guy. And I don't question his attitude and commitment, just his talent. I don't see any point in bringing him here at all. If anything the Kansas State QB we just brought in can do any stuff we might be tempted to use a Tebow type talent for (goaline/short yardage packages/gadget plays) without the circus.

3. Indaface

Indaface Member

Lol not sure if serious but he didn't seem to help the Jets last year. I'm glad Tebow has such a strong work ethic it really seems to have helped his ability as a qb in his prosperous NFL career so far.

Tebow should go to the CFL or change positions, NFL teams are trying to win they don't need to waste a roster spot on a guy who is purely "motivational" in his contribution. And even so his "motivational" aspects are hyped up by the media where losers seem to think NFL players would have that have any effect on them. They are plenty motivated on the fact they might lose their jobs.

It worked in college when he was one of the best but it's a completely different game in the pros.

4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Let Delfino shoot one before the tip off on Wednesday.

5. Nook

Nook Member

He would bring "intangibiles"? We are talking about adults, professionals... not 6 year olds. Will he teach them intangibles like refusing to change positions to help his team? We don't need any more intangibles.

Further, we don't need Schaub to become Jesus Boy. If he wants to become a stronger religious leader, he can do some on his own time.

People do not hate Tebow, just like people don't really hate Lin. What people do hate is the undeserving attention they get, which is not based on the on field performance.

Not a single team would trade for Tebow, not one.... that is all you need to know.

6. Nook

Nook Member

Why would Shaub learn more from Tebow than TJ Yates or Case Keenum? You do not spend roster spaces on guys you think are good guys, they need to be able to perform.

Tebow is a fine citizen, so is Yates, Keenum and 90% of the QB's in the NFL, and most QB's in the NFL work hard.... nothing unique or special about Tebow.

7. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

Tebow has no business playing QB for any NFL team, so he would be a terrible choice.

8. likestohypeguy

Why would you use the Jets as an example? I wouldn't eactly try to predict anything from the Jets' to Texans' culture.

But you guys are missing the point regarding intangibles. Aside from the fact you're being a little naive about the average mental makeup of most nfl players, showing our guys some much stronger leadership, lighting a fire behind schaub is just worst case scenario, & not the best use of a roster spot I agree- now scheme an offense around his strengths, as we have seen CAN be successful in the nfl with a little imagination, and the sky is the limit.

9. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Hating someone and thinking they're really terrible at what they do are 2 completely different things. He's a bad quarterback. Probably one of the worst in the league. Seems like a genuinely nice guy, though. I have nothing personally against him...just don't want him playing quarterback for the team that I follow.

Why would Tebow (who's been in the league for 3 years...only part of 1 as a starter) know more than Matt Schaub (a 9-yr vet and multiple pro bowler) about gamesmanship?

10. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I think (hope) you guys are being trolled.

11. Indaface

Indaface Member

Obviously the Jets were a sideshow on their own but if his "intangibles" couldn't help the Jets, how are they going to help the Texans so seem to be a tightly run quality organization with plenty of "character" guys in place.

Ed Reed brings everything that someone could hope Time Tebow brings in the best case scenario one could hope at Tebow (with the added bonus that he will actually contribute to this team from day 1).

And we just we just disagree on his talents, I know he had a run of close wins Denver but I don't think that would translate here. If he can't beat out Mark Sanchez and Greg McElroy to get some playing time I don't want him anywhere near the Texans.

I hope he finds what he wants and is able to prove himself if he truly believes he's a qb. Just not here

12. Indaface

Indaface Member

I might be but this is better than all the crap going on at the GARM.

13. SevenMinuteAbs

Come on guys, I think anyone who legitimately thinks Tim Tebow should start on any team, much less a Super Bowl contender with a pro bowl qb, makes a case that they know nothing about football.

Tim Tebow seems like a real nice guy, but there's no need to have him on our team. He can't throw a football.

And people need to stop comparing him and Jeremy Lin.
    Jeremy Lin, put up crazy numbers consistently for a good stretch against great teams when the Knicks superstars went down.

Tim Tebow was terrible but was bailed out by his defense and his kicker bailing 70 yd bombs like every week. He was so bad that the steelers thought they didn't need safety help like they would against any other qb in the league. He makes an easy post completion that I coulda made and wins a playoff game.

He would be the 5th best option for us at qb.

14. likestohypeguy

This was part of the problem with the Jets, he should have been out there.

15. Antec

Antec Member

Vince Young

16. Pringles

Pringles Member

He should have been? Are we talking about the same Tebow? His teammates went to the newspapers and said Tebow was straight garbage.

Would teammates do that to a player that is such a great religious, spiritual, and overall leader? Yes because he really is straight garbage.

17. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I thought Jacksonville was hot to sign Tebow. A marriage made in heaven.

18. larry cook

larry cook Member

bring him in as a fullback, he could bring some leadership to the locker room.

19. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Tebow isn't good, but he might be better than Blaine Gabbert.

20. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

They apparently want nothing to do with him...despite the potential for more butts in seats.