1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Durant's cheap shot attempt

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CowboyJeffR, Apr 30, 2013.

1. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Love to have Royce White to smack Durant and his cohorts around.

2. RiceRockets

RiceRockets Member

No...

3. zaam

zaam Contributing Member

No. Just a commercial. His family happens to be Asian in the spot.

4. conquistador#11

he is getting more annoying than lebron. maybe because we're playing them so the throat slashing, love taps to chandler and lin are all magnified. Is there bad blood between harden and Ibaka? seems like they both take things personal when they cross with each other.

5. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

That's the point. You think she's about to take him into the bedroom for sexytime, but instead she has him do chores that only tall people can do.

6. ric_flair

ric_flair Member

Yeah, when i saw it, first thing i thought was "if that was a Rocket jersey he would face a one game suspension"

7. rocketsfeeva

rocketsfeeva Member

Didn't seem like those 2 had any problems when I was watching the game. But to answer your question, the reason maybe because OKC decided to go with Ibaka instead of harden?

8. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

Did Bill or Matt mention it? I remember hearing a quick comment by one of them about it. Still, a lot of annoying calls. I hope Derek Fisher shatters his knees next time he flops, I love that Parsons did the exact same thing later on in the game though.

9. booster rocket

I think it was a dirty play especially as i read he did a 'stare down at the rox bench right after'. It was malicious intent to maim and hurt i tell ya! (jk a little). I also have lost a lot of respect for durant post-dirty play. I always saw him as a clean yet top tier nba player. guess i was wrong. granted, he was still pissed at losing his bud westbrook and essentially the NBA championship this year, but still.

OTOH, beverly and brooks do seem to move a bit quicker than lin out there, so maybe durant did the rox a favor taking out lin after all.

10. vtkp99

vtkp99 Contributing Member

It's not but should have picked a better looking Asian girl

11. jdhu

jdhu Member

Agreed. My guess is that it's a concerted effort to seem (and maybe actually be) a tougher competitor. Maybe his teammates/coaches recommended that he develop a nastier attitude, to intimidate opponents and just to be a better player. Too bad, I have liked Durant a lot (but less and less so).

12. imasonamagun

imasonamagun Member

1 person likes this.
  13. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

Watching this playoff series made me learn how freaking good Durant is but at the same time, I hate his attitude and body language sometimes. Like when he yelled into the Rockets crowd in game 3 and replicating the timeout-steal move on Lin then staring down the Rockets bench. Be classy at least. Don't be JR Smith.

14. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

He and westprick are the definition of AHs.

15. CowboyJeffR

CowboyJeffR Member

Thanks for uploading it!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Yvj_uPbPiPQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  16. the shark

the shark Member

As much as I hate Durant, he didn't do anything wrong there nor was it a cheap shot. It's the playoffs!!!!

17. CowboyJeffR

CowboyJeffR Member

I will admit, it looked alot more convincing last night on my big screen. It looks minor watching it in the little youtube window. But if you watch it multiple times, on full screen, you can see that he threw that elbow to hit Parsons even though it was completely away from the play.

18. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Maybe he was just concerned dude was gonna plow into him. There have been a lot of chippy plays in these games, but that wasn't one of them.

19. jdhu

jdhu Member

Yeah, that was nothing at all.

20. Lihao

Lihao Member

Parsons didn't even felt anything hit him , if that's a dirty play , Artest should had been charge for attempting murder

1 person likes this.