1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Durant's cheap shot attempt

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CowboyJeffR, Apr 30, 2013.

1. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

it was a miracle we won that...the refs were letting him push off and not calling it...then when they would get physical and get closer and body him up so the push off wouldnt be AS effective they would call a foul on the rockets.

Its stupid...that is not basketball...anyone can score off a push off if they have a solid jumper. That doesn't fly in pick up ball let alone the NBA.

That right there needs to be addressed I dont care who he is... If they are gonna let him push off, fine...let the rockets body him up. Stuff like that makes me not even want to watch anymore...the blatant preferential treatment of teams the NBA is pushing.

2. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Kind of makes you wish we had Artest on the team to give him a few hard fouls and keep him honest. Durant can be self-entitled all he wants, no one elbows World Peace in the back of the head.

Actually, thinking about it, since we aren't really using Jones anyway, if Garcia and Parsons get in foul trouble again, I kind of would like to see TJones go out there and guard/rough up Durant a little. I bet he could get into his head the way Beverley was getting into Westbrook's.

3. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

A well known "spot up shooter" dunking on his face is as sweet as any payback you could ever wish for. Aside from literally wacking him upside the head, that is. ;)

4. DdotConrad503

DdotConrad503 Member

Yea it is definitely not a racist commercial wtf

5. nappdog

nappdog Contributing Member

But he didn't touch Parson's face, right? Then it's okay.

no homo.

6. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

Who cares, these guys are competitors and will do anything to win, it's the difference between someone who competes and someone who doesn't and win. It's hard not to get into the game at the heat of the moment.

7. MystikArkitect

If I see him to that ridiculous rip-through move and get a foul called one more time, I'm throwing my TV out the window.

Harden played like crap yesterday but lol @ anyone who thinks that the refs were treating Harden and Durant similarly yesterday.

8. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

9. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

so no one is going to post a gif/video/pic of this cheap shot attempt?

10. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

I know which play you're talking about and Durant didn't hit Parsons in the head. It was the upper back and Parsons embellished a little. This is really a non topic.

11. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

I will add...

clutchfans as a whole does a pretty impressive job of noticing very very unimportant, small things that happen throughout the duration of the game. I think that if it were really bad or as bad as the OP may assume (I understand he is saying he doesn't recall exactly) then it would've been mentioned plenty of times.

12. rocketsmetalspd

He may not be dirty but he gets away with way too much, like pushing off on offense and defense.

13. theogcasey

theogcasey Contributing Member

Lol this guy needs to relax. To make the assertion that the commercial implies that black people are only good for work and "slave labor" is such a stretch. The whole time I was reading that, all I could think about was how much this guy just wants to create a controversy out of a simple, funny commercial.

Uhm, if I remember correctly, the last scene is Durant clearing leaves out of a rain gutter. I don't know about the dude that wrote this, but I don't know ANYONE that could do that without a ladder, so I don't see how race is relevant. Just dumb. Everyone is so sensitive these days.

14. CowboyJeffR

CowboyJeffR Member

Yeah, you need to see the play, and then you might change your mind.

You are right that he didn't hit him in the head, he only connected with his upper back/shoulders. Parsons didn't embellish anything, He started back down court, as the Thunder had rebounded the Beverly miss. It appeared that he did take a quick over the shoulder glance to see who he had run into as he was running.

If He connected on the elbow to the head which to me, he clearly shot out there as Parsons was getting closer, then it would be a topic for sure.

I never said that I don't recall exactly. I do recall exactly as I watched it several times last night to see if there was intent. I have the game DVRed at home. Again, it was not really bad, as Parsons stopped his momentum and started back up the court, just as Durant was throwing the elbow, so He only connected with his upper back. And maybe that was Durant's intent, the back and not the head. Regardless, it is clear to me that Durant already has one arm extended to absorb Parsons momentum, and then deliberately throws the elbow of the other arm towards Parsons.

15. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

guys, this is the playoffs. you need to have some thicker skin.

16. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Entitlement. From the refs.

I do NOT lay much stock in the imbalance of calls in a game, tho the last two games are giving me some pause.

Am I a homer? I like to think I can see as a fan, an objective one. But, am I a homer here?

17. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Kobe is worse than any of them.

18. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

No, this series would at LEAST be tied if the calls were balanced.

Last night's 4th quarter officiating especially... I mean my god. It was even worse than anything in the 05 Mavs series.

19. likestohypeguy

[​IMG]

Though I see that subtext in a lot of commercials. For example, the one where a guy is having a dream about getting double teamed by the williams sisters at ping pong, then they get visibly angry when the rally ends prematurely.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWsbRkXzshc

20. CowboyJeffR

CowboyJeffR Member

I am not talking about a Referee's call or non call, or entitlement, or playoff intensity. I am only talking about one specific play where IMO Durant tried to take a cheap shot elbow at Parsons with 7:38 remaining in the third quarter of Game 4.

I asked if anyone else saw what I saw, and asked if someone could post a video of that time frame.

I did not ask if Durant is a dirty player or if his momma should give him a talkin to. I just wanted to know if anyone else saw it, and to point it out for others to see if they didn't.