1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

BREAKING: Russell Westbrook has a torn meniscus in his right knee

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RoxTurk, Apr 26, 2013.

1. faraza84

faraza84 Member

Hate to see a competitor go down. These playoffs are lacking a lot of star power. Wonder if who ever wins the ship will be looked on as a tarnished championship ala Jordan retiring. No Kobe no rose no Westbrook no davidlee. Missing anyone?

2. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

more or less than how people here have talked about the perkins hand holding?

this was a reckless foul that was not called.

so, is it more or less stupid that everyone on other basketball forums is hating on him now?

3. Mr Striker09

Mr Striker09 Member

This still wont be easy lol.

4. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

STFU.

5. Petey-N-Htown

Petey-N-Htown Member

Do the Rockets have an enforcer/protector that can help protect Beverley if the Thunder try to retaliate?

6. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Rox now have an advantage at 3 of the 5 starting spots.

Beverley > Jackson
    Harden > Sefolosha
    Asik > Perkins

If there was ever a time to pull a major upset the door just opened.

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It's whatever to me. I didn't want Westbrook to get injured but now that he is I hope the Rockets take advantage of it. I know it will still be very difficult to still win this series....

But really with all our past injuries all I can tell OKC fans is that we know that feel...

Nothing worse than as the Rockets beat the Lakers at home than to hear that Yao was out for the season...

8. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Who gives a sh**!

I never wish anyone to get injured especially not intentionally, which it wasn't, but if anyone deserves this it's that POS Russell Westbrook.

He finally found someone that woouldn't put up with his bullsh** and it ended up costing him the playoffs.

Fu**in Dick.

9. stthomsfinest

stthomsfinest Member

He must've went off of pure adrenaline then it swelled up in the morning. I guess ,for wrestling fans, kinda like the Rock going another 15 minutes like nothing happened with John Cena at WrestleMania when he ripped up his abdomen and got a hernia.

10. Sen89

Sen89 Member

Sucks to see him out, Bevs didn't mean any harm - and it sucks that he'll probably be called dirty for the near future.

But we may have a legitimate shot now. The downside is that Ibaka is going to get more touches, and he's a big-time player when he gets them.

11. Nook

Nook Member

San Antonio and Miami have to be grinning ear to ear.

12. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Hate to see anyone get injured. Still think Thunder are very dangerous and Durant is still good enough to get the Thunder through this series against the Rox. With this injury to Westbrook however, the Rox better make this a competitive series and not get swept.

13. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

It was NOT a dirty play by Beverley, but my goodness that's terrible. I feel awful for Thunder fans. I hate injuries of any kind, and only wish Westbrook a speedy recovery.

With that being said, the dynamic of this series just shifted TREMENDOUSLY.

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Perk was holding Parsons (and tripping others throughout the game) they weren't basketball plays.

Bev went for the ball not Russ' knees he was playing basketball.

Ill lend you my homer glasses if they help you see they aren't the same plays.

15. Swishh

Swishh Member

WOW. Looks like we aren't getting swept, we might even push them to a game 6, and possibly game 7 if we play like we did last game. Also, this is the first time Westbrook will be out since middle school, crazy. I bet Durant is angry, he will not even come in 2nd this year, they are no match for the spurs.

16. BowlingBaller

BowlingBaller Member

What's the deal with Perkins? (Not rhetorical or anything... I've just seen him mentioned a few times and don't know what the animosity toward him is.)

17. conquistador#11

and he still scored 29 points. if he toned down the douchiness, he'd be a favorite for me. nevertheless, i guess he had all the right to be mad. just an example, of how on any given moment, it could be your last play.

18. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

he egregiously no-call fouled parsons to open up sefolosha for an open 3

19. boiler

boiler Member

20. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Blame the ref, not the player. Any "enforcer" type big man would do that if they can get away with it.