1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I think we've found our PG of the Future!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CXbby, Apr 24, 2013.

1. pnr

pnr Member

Lol he plays like a big man too. I didn't think it was a typo.

2. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

skip>lin
    AB>lin

3. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Lol the dude is a freak on the boards for his size

4. obiwan15

obiwan15 Member

dleague bench pg>lin

5. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

Do yall realize Jeremy wasn't even playing PG tonight? He was playing off guard with Beverley at PG. Jeremy can't handle the ball 40 minutes a night against good defenses.

6. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

And what happened when he did that?

He got more opportunities to start and got a big 8 million contract in the off season. Now he's had all year to show what he's got.

Beverley just had a monster game, in the playoffs against OKC, where we would have won if Brooks didn't **** the bed in his 3 minutes of playing time. And he's outplayed Lin a decent portion of the season and has been taking minutes from him all year. Now he finally got his start and beasted.

Anyway, if Lin is injured, Beverley will definitely get atleast 2 more games to start. So we'll see what he makes of the opportunity. If he continues to play better than Lin, I find it hard to believe anyone would rationally say he doesn't deserve to be our starter. Especially when we locked up his contract already for 700k a year.

You trying to do me like Rick Perry, Mitt? That's not how arguments are won.

7. VanityHalfBlack

I don't understand why we can't be happy with both Lin and Beverly and Beverly was fantastic tonight by the way...

8. finsraider

finsraider Member

I KNOW what I'm going to get from Beverley every night......someone that will d-up, grab more rebounds than the other PG, get one or two steals off the dribble, not make more than one bad pass, and not take bad shots.

Right now, Beverley is a better player than Lin, and I'm starting to believe he has better potential than him as well.

9. conquistador#11

Did someone say future? Great scott! !

10. equinoxin

equinoxin Member

agreed, both players will improve over the summer and our pg position will be SOLID. all we need is a PF, thats all. Dwight as our PF :)

11. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

My question is what was everyone expecting from Lin when he signed? I remember reading the "Lin signs with Rockets" thread and a lot of people were projecting him to average 14 and 6-7. Considering he pretty much did that while shooting 44% playing with a ball dominant 2 in Harden with an upward trend, I dont know whats up with all the hate on him. Did you really expect him to repeat Linsanity, especially when he doesnt even play Pg sometimes? Yea he's been inconsistent, and you would want him to not suck in game 1, but overall I'm pretty sure he has met a reasonable persons expectations and has shown that he will continue to improve. I dont know how that warrants for everyone trashing on him and saying he should be benched

12. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

OP trying to get rep from LOFs or something?

How about you guys shut the **** up with all the Lin threads.

I am a ROCKETS FAN, yet all this forum ever talks about is LIN

13. Mr. Space City

no matter what lin "haters" think lin will get at least another year to prove himself no matter what beverley does

14. VanityHalfBlack

You pansy, he was making a bet and you have your tails between your legs,lol..

15. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Rafer->Brooks->Lowry->Dragic->Lin->Bev

It just continues the tradition of rockets backup pg becoming the starter.

16. Reach

Reach Member

$500 ain't no joke...

17. Roxs

Roxs Member

If the 26 games of Linsanity was a fluke, what does these two playoff games tell us about Beverly?

With that said, If Bev can get his fouling under control, he would be a decent starter.

Like most here have said, just get a decent PF.

18. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Sura the ladies man trumps them all.

19. CXbby

CXbby Member

What happened? He became a terrific starting PG and was a huge part of the team winning and finally making the playoffs. A bigger part than Beverley, might I add. Improving throughout the year, showing plenty of potential and ending the regular season averaging 17 and 7 in April.

I expect him to be even better next year.

I am not trying to argue. People on here are beyond arguing with. It's not like you are going to change your mind.

I am trying to get Clutch paid.

20. Pringles

Pringles Member

Man, I miss our other superstar. We could have used Marcus Morris in this series to help Harden out.