1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden is overrated

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sydeffect, Apr 18, 2013.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

He's broken Rockets team records (Most FT in a season, 3rd player to score 2000 points) at....24 years of age.

yeah, overrated:rolleyes:

EDIT: He's 23

#261 REEKO_HTOWN, Apr 18, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2013
  2. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

If you guys don't like Harden then go be a Jazz fan. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Member

The signing was hardly just about making a difference in the playoffs. Who did you want them to get instead that would be making a difference past the trade deadline??... T-Mac??... Marbury???

The Brooks signing was about 2 things.

-Insurance at the guard positions(if either Lin, Harden, or Bev went down)
    -trade asset for a draft day trade

Brooks has a team option for next year. So if the Rockets are looking to either do a sign and trade, or just a straight up trade for someone like Smith, Jefferson, Gasol, or possibly even Dwight(pipedream), the Rockets are going to need salary to make the deals work. Also, this keeps them from having to use players like Jones, & D-Mo in a trade to make salaries work.

More than likely Brooks has been made well aware that they most likely will be looking to do this, and thats why he agreed to recieved a significantly large amount of salary for the small roll he would play for the rest of the season under this assumption.

4. Midrangej

Midrangej Member

Harden is not overrated.

Next...

Oh wait, you want justification....

26ppg; 4.9RPG; 5.8APG ; 1.8SPG.....

And that's with all the criticisms we give him...!!

5. acyrocks

acyrocks Member

and trolled by a garbage king

6. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

nice argument... kobe also broke many records this year but his records almost burried lakers to the ground...were it not for his injury i doubt they would see the playoffs...
    [​IMG]

whatever i think everybody sees that Harden is one of the most talented players in the league, the problem is how his talent is used...it's on coaching staff and management...but i also believe they are not that stupid ... i believe there are good reasons why they are forcing him to play iso even it's not the most eficient in the short term.....

7. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

The guy is young and needs another star to play with. This looks similar to what Lebron went through. He needs HELP! NOT overrated.

8. REEKO_HTOWN

Kobe's contribution dragged them to the playoffs. You need a better gimmick

9. hlcc

hlcc Member

He's an excellent young player, but I do think he's overrated especially on clutchfans. On this board we have a tendency to over hype, overrate just about every Rockets player sometimes to ridiculous levels. Harden does have a tendency of being completely shut down by long athletic elite defensive players (eg Paul George, Lebron etc)

1 person likes this.
  10. tomato123

tomato123 Rookie

Who would like to play with ISO player?

11. REEKO_HTOWN

People who like winning championships.

12. tomato123

tomato123 Rookie

LOL. If harden is michael jordan, then yes. But he's not. Harden's iso not working.

13. REEKO_HTOWN

Code:

It's worked for Kobe and Lebron and they've won 3 Rings in the last 5 years.

14. DreamRoxCoogFan

He's not overrated, every other team would love to have him if they could afford it. He's a legitimate star player in this league and will only get better (how much he improves is arguable). You can, however, make some legitimate complaints about parts of his game.

- He's a poor, ball-watching defender.
    - He hasn't found a way to effectively/efficiently take over a game. He'll have nights where he dominates (and make no mistake- we wouldn't be a playoff team without him) but other times he starts to force it
    - his hero-ball drives me crazy. It's fair to say we lost the game because of him last night. I was losing my mind seeing him dribble out the shot clock at the top of the key, burning 7-10 seconds each play and then shooting up a contested 3 or running into dwight looking for a foul. Our team is successful with motion, screening and ball movement, and none of that was on display. I'm sure our up-tempo style of play leads to being tired out at the end of the game, but we have to keep at it if we want to win. He was dribbling around, but there wasn't a lot of movement either.

With that said, he's gotten better throughout the season, and he will continue to get better. If you think he's overrated, then you're crazy.

15. thesonofsam

thesonofsam Member

Can you rep down? A de-rep if you will.

16. King1

King1 Member

You sound angry, rook

17. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

He isn't prime Kobe or Lebron either. Harden's max potential is a prime Paul Pierce... Still great but needs help.

18. REEKO_HTOWN

Yep. He's only 23. I feels great to have a great player before his prime.

19. oldgunrules

oldgunrules Member

He is not overrated for a super star. But he is overrated to be this team's Kobe Bryant/Michael Jorden/Lebron James. He is a great shot maker but not as great a play maker. Maybe one day he will be there, but right now he hasn't got what it takes to play ISO ball every single possesion of the game.

20. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Which is why most of the time he doesn't play ISO ball.