1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Lakers 4/17/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 16, 2013.

1. bro2044

bro2044 Member

lol...

2. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

What happened to drive and dish?

3. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

Lin was 4/9 before being benched for 12 minutes straight. I wouldn't call that "sucked when you played" lol my azz.

4. roxxy

roxxy Member

McHale sat him because he had played over 12 minutes. From halfway into the 2nd then the first 9 minutes after half time. He wasn't benched McHale just rested him. Good lord did you even watch the game?

5. dxdx

dxdx Member

And why was Delfino on Pau?

McHale is McHale.

6. edlkf

edlkf Contributing Member

Dude, its McHale. His rotation is kinda fixed, he does it routinely regardless of Lin's performance

7. gate470

gate470 Rookie

Well this isn't surprising. I was right, you are one of those fans. You won't hear from me again. #BeWell.

8. roxxy

roxxy Member

LOL LA just collapsed the paint & effectively cut off the driving lanes. You can't be serious with these questions.

This. We saw this all season. Against the Bucks with Sanders, Serge in OKC, Memphis, Pacers etc. Our guards really struggle against length & athleticism.

9. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

You think that will work with Howard down low often?

10. roxxy

roxxy Member

I am not asian....

11. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

That is neither here, nor there. There are hundreds of thousands who fit my description.

Possibly, MILLIONS.

12. Honey Bear

This IS the season to experiment. I like that he's a gutsy guy who mixes things up. If you remember JVG, you'll remember he never did that, was too predictable despite having 2 amazing talents in Yao and TMac (before super teams were around), and it led to him being fired.

13. ERC

ERC Member

Harden sat out 3-4 games this season. Why don't you look up those games and see who the top scorers were and how Lin did? You will then realize how silly your worry is.

Lin is the 3rd best scorer on the team just behind Harden & Parsons and has a better FG% than Harden on the season. In the past 2 months, not only was his 46.2% FG% highest amongst guards on the team, it was 7.2% better than Harden's 39%.

BTW, fans don't like Lin because he brings in sponsors. Lin brings in sponsors because fans like him. Get it?

14. ERC

ERC Member

Hmm... I dunno. Perhaps it was there for the first 3Qs but I'm not so sure about the 4Q and OT :(

Oh well. Moving on to playoffs...

15. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

Predictable on ISO though

16. verysimplejason

OKC!!! I like this matchup.

17. edlkf

edlkf Contributing Member

ISO is so unpredictable, right?

18. Honey Bear

I don't care for stats. I care for context. What's the point of putitng up numbers on a losing team? Morey likes stats, and using them, he's produced 4 seasons of 9th, 9th, 9th and 8th. Not good enough to get a top draft pick, not good enough to do anything in the playoffs. But with Harden, there IS a future.

Not sure what you're trying to say with your last sentence. I do think it's cute to like someone because they're an underdog or they're the same race as you, but at the end of the day, it's about your game and whether it's conducive to winning. Sponsors care more about how fans relate, which is relies far more on human psychology than W/L's.

19. Honey Bear

Look at the players, though. Young, inexperienced and not great at creating their own shot. Spurs rarely ISO because their core has been together for 10 years. This is a new team with one guy who can carry them - and they're letting him do what he wants so he can get a feel for his limitations. I think the ISO'ing is a big picture strategy - team ball with "good" players will always be an option when the Rockets have enough "very good" players to be a contender.

20. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

If you can move the ball quick enough and space the floor San Antonio will do it effectively watch