1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Viewing Party] Last Game vs. Lakers at The Deck on Fountainview 4/17

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Dave2000, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Dave2000

Dave2000 Member

Since, we have organized a viewing party for Playoff Game 1 at Jake's this weekend, planned another for the Lakers game over at The Deck on Fountainview with the guys behind KeepHouBeard for tonight. It was initially posted on their Facebook group and extending our invites to our fellow CFers.

Made a reservation for 10-15 people in the patio with their 97in screen, if more people come, I can reserve more tables since I'll be there before the game.

I plan on getting there at worst by halftime of the Grizzlies/Jazz game if not the whole game.

They have Wednesdays specials $6 Cheeseburger baskets, $3.50 Smirnoff Vodkas, $4 Jack Ds, $3 Import Bottles and reverse Happy Hour after 10:30pm.

For the rest of the menu check out

http://thedeckonfountainview.com/menu/

I know its a middle of the week west coast game, but don't be shy and come hangout with a bunch of other Rockets fans and CFers. If your on Facebook, the info is on the KeepHouBeard page. See ya there

2. Scionxa

Scionxa Member

I'll be there.

#2 Scionxa, Apr 17, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2013
  3. Louka

Louka Member

Won't be able to make it until halftime. Bringing the wife. Thanks

4. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Don't bring your girl if Kam is coming.

5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Why cause he'll turn her off all men?

6. Dave2000

Dave2000 Member

Kam is a heavy Black Panther cologne user....

#6 Dave2000, Apr 17, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2013
  7. Scionxa

Scionxa Member

I'm bringing my girl. ha

8. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

He'll probably just barely say anything and kind of glance at you every once in a while and then go back to staring at his phone.

9. Kam

Kam Member

I'm not going tonight. Bring y'alls woman. It's cool. I'm not in predator mode.

10. Scionxa

Scionxa Member

damn, that was fun and dramatic as hell.

11. heypartner

heypartner Member

Damn, I missed what Dave2000 edited out of this post. It's posts like this that make me miss my F5 days.

12. Miguel

Miguel Member

Good meeting some new faces, seeing some old ones. Fun time guys. Bring on the Thunder!

13. heypartner

heypartner Member

pics or it didn't happen

14. Miguel

Miguel Member

15. Dave2000

Dave2000 Member

lol, i was just trying to add a youtube vid from Anchorman referencing the black panther cologne, but didn't work from my cell phone....

great time guys, most epic scene I've ever been a part of

some douche Lakers fan was talking crap throughout the game, table behind us was about to start a fight, everybody had the cell phones running recording a vid, all right at the last time out before the buzzer beater. Play continued, turnover, turnover recovered, pass, pass, pass, swish.... The Deck went NUTSSSSS

sucked we couldn't finish up after that though...

16. heypartner

heypartner Member

I traumatized my dog on the line drive by Parsons. She didn't let me type on my computer the rest of the game, she was so worried about me. She never hears me scream suddenly at nothing (from her perspective while she's doing no bad sitting on her bed), but only when she is about to cross a road or sumpin bad about her. My dog during the Hakeem years was much more desensitized to unexpected bursts of screaming.

My two dog eras and their reaction to frequent or (sadly) infrequent vocal bursts can be a happy, yet sad, commentary of the history of the Rockets and Rockets fans.

17. Jontro

Jontro Member

So the lesson is, yes or no on getting a dog?

18. heypartner

heypartner Member

Yes.

You have two methods that I've learned from. If you don't have season-tickets (my Dog #1) then you just desensitize them to random screaming. However, this does make it more difficult to train them and actually yell "NO" effectively, to either stop them from running in the road or, worse, stop them from eating cat ****. And there are even worse things.

So, if that's not palatable, then you have to get season tickets like I did with Dog #2 or go to a buddies house, so she never witnesses you going insane watching the Rockets, and thinks you are just out hunting those damn squirrels without her, again. And she grows up as just a sweet, well-behaved, innocent girl who thinks the only time a human screams is when she is doing something bad.

So, Dog #1 can handle "Oh Mother!!!!," but she is less behaving since your screams make no sense.

Dog #2 is perfectly trained but completely freaks out on just a nothing Line Drive by Chandler Parsons...wanting to both hide and protect me...such that all she can do is jump on my lap. Which I think is her instinct that if we are both about to die, let's die together. Or sumpin like that.

1 person likes this.
  19. Louka

Louka Member

^^ Lol at HP explanation. HP, you sound like you have some extra money. Buy me season tickets, ok thanks.

20. heypartner

heypartner Member

hmmm....something about your approach intrigues me. I live in Boulder now, and had to give up 10yrs of upgrades on my tix that put me in row 2 Center 409 in Jeff van Gundy's prime to ... to ... leave Houston and JVG and my tix. They are the best upper deck seats in the House, row 1 sucks (glass is in the way). And at the Summit...these were Luxury Box seat views. Some nights I wake up in a sweat saying...WHY!

so, where was I.

Oh, I would like to have season tickets again, and I'd just have the Rockets mail them to your house. But I would have to dibs on any game when I'm back home. Fair enough.

So, for you to be the lucky winner...here's the deal...I want tix next to Miguel, Kam and Dave2000. If you can win them over as a fan they are willing to sit next to, then let's do this.

Does this make sense to everyone?