1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Lakers 4/17/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 16, 2013.

1. dxdx

dxdx Member

Right. My apologies for liking Lin and the entire Rockets team. Unlike you, I like to be objective and call a spade, a spade. Lin played **** in the second half, but did ok in the first. I'm not even complaining about Harden's shot bricking and turnovers. Rather, I think McHale needs to buck up on his plays and decision making skills.

I guess with you, everything is Lin's fault. When it rains next, and you're stuck outside in the open with an umbrella, blame Lin, I'm sure that will help you sleep better at night.

2. gate470

gate470 Rookie

The Lin hate in HOU is extreme.

Yes, teams will take on his 8/8/8 contract (this is how it'll go against their cap). They might just let him play his position and let him be "THE PG of the team and not just A PG of the team".

3. roxxy

roxxy Member

Nash has nothing to do with anything. It is incredibly hard to score on Pau & DH12 in the paint. LA was just packing the paint against Houston to prevent Lin & Harden's drives. Even Harden struggled tonight against there defense. Jalen Rose said it himself, Omer & greg don't command attention offensively so teams just load up on the perimeter.

4. ERC

ERC Member

I agree. I don't mind losing if the team had put up great effort, but tonight's performance was just ugly.

5. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

It's a little difficult to contribute if you are benched for 12 straight minutes and once you're back in, the coach asks you to give the ball to Harden, meaning, no shot attempts for Lin.

6. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Without Harden this team doesn't amount to shat! That's all that needs to be understood. It's the truth. Without him we are 11th place or worse in west. He's been run to the ground and guess what he is still running and giving the team and this city all he has. Don't need to see stats and percentages to know this.

7. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

The effort was there, took the Lakers to OT at Staples. Just the execution wasn't :)

8. edlkf

edlkf Contributing Member

He did have shot attempts, when he got the ball from Harden with the shot clock running down.

9. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

It's a little hard to contribute when you were benched because you sucked when you played lol

10. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

I don't have hate in my heart, young grasshopper, just rational objectivity. PG is the most competitive spot in the league. Teams with terrible PG's are holding out for higher ceiling players to fill that pivotal spot, and are unlikely to be impressed by a PG without a shot and no fast twitch muscle fibers. I think he will improve, all players do, but don't let the media skew your perception of how much a player really impacts a game.

#4630 Honey Bear, Apr 18, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2013
  11. edlkf

edlkf Contributing Member

IMO he wasn't that bad in the first half.

12. Hous-TO-n

Hous-TO-n Member

Our the pg is harden. Lin is a pg for this team.
    Accept it

13. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

Exactly, when Harden was guarded well w/ the shot clock running down, he could take a bad shot and hurt his fg% even more than his already atrocious 8/25 shooting, but instead, transfers the terrible shot attempts to Lin, making his fg% 4/14.

14. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Lin disappointed me most but it wasn't all his fault they lost as a team. I expected Linsanity with Nash being out and Steve Blake starting and no Kobe. Instead it was just a BS performance.

15. roxxy

roxxy Member

He was 4-9 with 12 points & 6 assists? How is that sucking. He was carrying this team in the 3rd just before he sat.

16. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Ok then why did McHale bench him in your opinion?

17. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

I consider you an asian sponsor. Seeing someone you can identify with, losing your rational objectivity, and spending your valuable time defending him against the world and possibly living vicariously through him. Generating ad revenue on the internet, alerting the media there are more like you, and causing a domino effect where they put out more fluff pieces and scrutiny on him.. and the cycle continues. It's all fine in the regular season, but come playoff time, you'll find ability outweighs online ad-clicks.

18. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Why did McHale bench him?

19. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Shot Blocking presence gives Harden and Lin the most trouble. Okc gonna be tough with IBlockYa down low.

20. Hous-TO-n

Hous-TO-n Member

Because those box fans dare not even mention those bombs from harden
    all at last few seconds in 4th quarter. Lin is not even wide open. Ridiculous.