1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Lakers 4/17/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 16, 2013.

1. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

The Spurs with superior coaching won't lose a game to the Lakers...book it...unless the League say otherwise...

2. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

James Harden is what #5 in the nba in scoring? Harden has proved enough there was a year after Shaq left where Kobe couldn't get the lakers in the playoffs!

3. Penetrate&Creat

Did you even watch the game? Lmao, keep using box scores as your primary source to trash players.

I'll do you one better, 6-20 shooting and 7 asts is destroying?

4. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

The point is that it's STEVE FREAKIN BLAKE!!!! Aaron Brooks destroyed him...

5. edlkf

edlkf Contributing Member

2012/2013
    HOU 3:1 GSW
    The end.

6. dxdx

dxdx Member

Lin didn't play almost a quarter. And I couldn't give an ass if Lin destroyed Blake, but the rockets loss.

Grow the **** up, kid.

7. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Yep Steve Blake had a career high and hit the three to take the first laker lead. I saw that.

8. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

What worries me is that money from Chinese sponsors doesn't win playoff games, and once the fans begin to figure that out, will Jeremy still be their hero.

And if not.

Will there be a backlash.

And if so.

Will any other team take on his contract.

9. GWST11

GWST11 Member

How many years ago? Brooks is a shell of himself. I guess Blake > Tony Parker

10. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>I gotta be much better...time to move on/get ready for the playoffs. Much love to the fans who supported us faithfully through the season!!</p>&mdash; Jeremy Lin (@JLin7) <a href="https://twitter.com/JLin7/status/324769675496013824">April 18, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Tough loss tonight, but excited for the playoffs. New season!</p>&mdash; Chandler Parsons (@ChandlerParsons) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChandlerParsons/status/324783557916635138">April 18, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

No that's what you Lin fans and Lin needs to do if he doesn't want to embarrass himself and this city in the next four games. It's already embarrassing that people have to put everything on Harden, Beverley and McHale because Lin won't be a man and take demand.

1 person likes this.
  12. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

Nice come back.

13. Hous-TO-n

Hous-TO-n Member

you are embarrassed yourself for sure

14. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

whaaaa?

15. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Nope but it happened when it was Brooks time it is Lin's time right now but what will he do? We will see. By the way Blake was better back then also.

16. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Lin already admitted he needs to be better on twitter so that proves that but Harden will need to play better as well... The whole team but Lin really disappointed me tonight. I expected more with Nash being out.

17. roxxy

roxxy Member

What money is Houston getting from asian sponsors? People keep talking about these chinese sponsors but I never see any evidence.

18. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Nobody should be embarrassed now just ticked off there is still opportunity against OKC to prove things. This performance was a joke there is no getting around that.

19. Hous-TO-n

Hous-TO-n Member

We lost today because mchale plays mismatch. We can not
    get rebounds and defense when Lakers plays Gasol and DH
    but we plays smalls.

Lakers immediately raped us in the early 4th quarter.
    You should just stop trolling, meaningless.

20. ERC

ERC Member

#5 in scoring doesn't mean he's an elite player (yet). In April, Harden shot a subpar 40.3% from the field and 33.3% from 3's. Yes he got to the foul line a lot but he also averaged 5 TOs/game in April, many in the paint when he was looking for a call but didn't get the whistle. And why was he chucking up 3's on Monday in Phoenix if he knew his knee had stiffed up (0-for-7)? And even don't get me started on his ISOs or lack of D.

Harden is very young and will most likely continue to improve and get better, but he still has ways to go to be considered a proven superstar.