1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Lakers 4/17/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 16, 2013.

1. CCM721

CCM721 Member

Eliminated? Our playoff spot has been clinched for a week and a half.

2. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

We score most of our points in transition and shooting 3s. If we have a off shooting night or play a team that can slow us down this is what you get.

Tell me how many of our players can break down their defender in the harcourt without a screen for help? ONE! Harden. So that is why he has the ball mst of th time in half court sets.

Like I said. Give lakers some credit, Howard and Pau defended the rim very well late in the game. It happens. Moving the ball to Smith, Asik, Jones, Beverly, Delfino, Parsons in the half court will not get you anything. All those guys need help to get their shots off in the half court. Lin needs a screen. Those players get the ball and look to give it back to Harden. When we get a big inside that can create his own shot things will look a lot different (better).

Why you mad we lost? Do you really think we are built to be a contender right now? Gotta be realistic and see this team for who they really are.

3. superpro

superpro Member

i think you should just stfu. stop you dumb XOF labeling and weak arguments.

4. lomahtw

lomahtw Member

Mchale has cost us the game without any doubt. Alternatively You can blame it on Harden and/or Lin or any players for not playing well if you like.The game plan and the rotation were so bad that it couldn't keep the offense nor the defence going. Now the game was over and anyone of you can review it over and over again to see how it was lost. You will be the judge. For instance, do you really think Harden was the one to decide to play ISOs one after another one even he knew he was off tonight? Do you think Lin or any teammates would have good shots in last few seconds of each possession when the ball was passsed from Harden? The way the coaching is and the way how the players play will not lead the Rockets to win OKC at all. People who think the Rockets have any chances against OKC is dreaming. Stealing a game from the series will be considered a success. Most likely it will be a sweep.

As for Mchale, he should go, period. He may be a very good person in real life but definitely a really bad basketball coach. The main complaint is not about why he sat Lin so much or why he played Harden so much. It is about his game plan(s) and rotation(s) that have cost the Rockets lost those games that could have been won. At least 1/3 of those lost games should have been won IMO. People say it is good that we make it to the playoffs and Mchale leads us there. We shouldn't complain too much about him. I respectfully disagree. The Rockets is a good young team that looks like they can go far from here. In this season, they should have done even better than what's been done. In another word, with a better coaching stuff, this Rockets should have done better. Definitely they will do much better with a better coaching stuff next seasson IMO. Of course you don't have to agree with me at all but you can take a look back at the whole season to see it for yourself. BTW you should take LOF, LOH, HOF or whatever away if you do review the whole season. Trolling is another issue, right or wrong.

Mchale will probably stay with the Rockets next season since the Rockets makes it to the playoffs this year. It is hard to find any excuses to fire him or not to renew his contract even if the Rockets gets sweeped in the playoff series. Morey was there watching the game tonight and he probably has fair idea about what to do with Mchale. For the time being, I don't see Mchale get fired or whatsoever. Of course I could be wrong. After all anything can happen in NBA.

5. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

This team would be a top 3 seed WITH a middle school offense and kindergarten defense.
    But this team doesn't run a damn thing, as admitted by its' own players.
    JayGoogle, I remember you about half a season ago from the FIRE MCHALE thread....how sad is it that nothing has changed? Ugh.

These guys have surpassed all expectations thanks to their own talent, I just can't give Coach McHale any sort of credit.

6. HOUSTONJS

HOUSTONJS Member

I also like how JVG also said it is hard to figure out who you want to go with, Bev or Jeremy during the 4th.

7. Cautiously_Op

Cautiously_Op Member

Lol, need to borrow.

8. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

Lin was having a good game in the first 3 quarters. We were winning when he was in we were losing when he was out. Yes he was cold after the long benching by Mchale but a smart pass by Lin to Parsons towards the end saved us into the overtime.

9. coach41

coach41 Member

That is fine based on your ability to get the instant replay.

I based my view on what I saw in real time (and I saw it only once in replay with no ability to stop it). Everyone who complains about officiating always forget one thing. Officials have ONE chance to see a play. THey can choose to call something or not call something. Plus, officiating is all about positioning. I don't know where the officials were positioned when Harden drove. It's possible the officials were looking for the body pump and did not see the action after. There is no such thing as instant replay on judgement calls (aka fouls) for a reason.

Did the officials miss the call? Sure, if you're a Rockets fan. Heck, Rockets fan may think this was intentional so the Lakers can get a better matchup. So if you want to believe a conspiracy theories, that is fine too.

Fact is, it's done and over with. Warriors fans complained a lot after our game against the Lakers. Now you guys know how we felt.

Fortunately, you guys are playing OKC and not the Lakers.

10. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

Well, get ready being swept, especially w/ iso harden.

11. torocan

torocan Member

You mean it's NOT effective to take out your 7 footers and go small ball against Pau Gasol and Dwight Howard, 2 of the most effective 7 footers in the game? I thought that was a generally accepted strategy!

Gasol and Dwight? NP... put Delfino and Parsons on them. I'm sure Pops and Doc Rivers would have done that since it's SO obviously a good idea to give up 5 inches and 50 pounds against an opposing center and power forward...

Brilliant. Absolutely freaking brilliant.

12. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

Hey, for those of you guys who will be sitting next to Mchale, can some1 shout out, "HEY MCHALE, HOW ABOUT PLAYING YOUR STARTERS IN THE 4TH HUH!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!"

13. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

@JLin7

I gotta be much better...time to move on/get ready for the playoffs. Much love to the fans who supported us faithfully through the season!!

14. roxxy

roxxy Member

Credit to Howard. There defense tonight really killed Lin & harden in the paint. LA closed off the driving lanes really well.

15. Exel

Exel Member

Man, I can't believe I'm still upset over that in bounds play in OT where Harden had to call a time out. Having Lin screen Howard and have Smith go to the ball was the best play McHale could come up with after a time out? With no secondary movement by Asik or Parsons. Man...

16. tvd

tvd Member

DON'T FORGET THIS ONE: "MCHALE, WHAT'S UP WITH HARDEN ISO? IS THERE DIFFERENT ONE IN YOUR PLAYBOOK?":grin:

17. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

That's why Howard is worth the max money easily. Even though Asik is bargain sometimes it's worth it to spend more!

18. roxxy

roxxy Member

At least he knows he was awful. I hope him & harden got all of there sucky play out this last few games & are focused in the playoffs. Good lord if you are going to miss so many 3's at least hit all of your bloody FT's. And learn to feed the hot hand. parsons was balling in the 3rd & the first thing Lin does when he comes in is call his own number. Such poor shot selection from him.