1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Harden is overrated

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sydeffect, Apr 18, 2013.

1. danielcp0303

danielcp0303 Member

2. meh

meh Contributing Member

So if what the OP say is true, that Harden has not been good in the 2nd half in which the Rockets were 23-18, who has been the Rockets star that has propelled them from a .500 team into the playoffs?

1 person likes this.
  3. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

like it was only about tonight's game:grin:

he played like a crap at least 1/2 games this years...however it might not be his mistake that's the way he is instructed to play by coach

4. China Rockets

China Rockets Member

Its not he is overrated by others, he is overrated by himself

5. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Don't you mean the referees are overrated? Damn I feel sorry for the Spurs......

6. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Put this thread in your favorites tab everyone - I know I did!

This is going to be really fun to look back at this thread in the future haha. Some of you people are just really dumb. Even LeBron had crappy games when he was 23.

Harden averages 26ppg and one of the best passing 2guards in the NBA and "he's overrated" rofl

Gonna be quoting you guys in the future. Gonna be reeeaaally funny.

1 person likes this.
  7. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Lets see how he does in the playoffss

8. conquistador#11

he's an amazing player. hardem just needs a coaching staff that isn't intimidated by his beard and puts him in his place when he is holding the ball like that. This is the same coaching staff that has no issues screaming or should i say talking loudly to lin, but they can't do the same with harden? he is 23 and can't develop bad habits.

9. Mr. Space City

think about if you weren't a fan of the rockets, what would your opinion of him be?

only 2 moves. chuck 3's and flop to get to the free throw line.

below average defender and turns the ball over too much.

just being objective.

harden really needs to add more tools to his game. that style was good enough as a 6th man but as THE man it's predictable and easy to stop in the playoffs.

he's young now but i hope he understands that and is just not content with being a 25 ppg scorer with limited offensive moves and buying strippers.

10. Chef_Monteur

Chef_Monteur Member

Harden doesn't have the "IT" factor. He's not clutch guys, and he NEVER will be because being clutch is something you're born with and not something you aquire.

Harden is weak, maybe a good 2nd or 3rd option on a championship team but he will NEVER be a leader.

Morey still has more work to do, he needs to get us a genuine superstar and not a fake one.

11. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

Same .Iso Iso Iso. Case close.

12. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

My username on another forum that isn't even a sports forum is "JamesHardenRocket"

People tell me multiple times per day "Harden is a beast" and I'm not exaggerating.

And now we've come to "Harden only has 2-3 moves". Hilarious.

He has a nice step back, great euro-step, can shoot 3s (admittedly he chucked tonight), can draw fouls with ease, crafty layups, etc

13. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

hilarious, but honest right? I didn't say anything in my analysis that wasn't true when talking about his actual basketball moves

14. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

False. Even while injured he was still a good player. In fact, won player of the week twice second half of the season.

15. Nextup

Nextup Member

Harden has been awful these last two games but he is not overrated. Whether he's off or on fire he needs to make his move much quicker. Absolutely no reason for him to waste the clock away.

16. CCM721

CCM721 Member

It was hilarious because you think you playing "college basketball" gives you some sort of authority to give better analysis on James Harden's basketball abilities. People are laughing at you, not with you.

1 person likes this.
  17. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Harden does have that IT factor. Actually, he has shown that his whole career in OKC (mins ONE series) and multiple times this season. He just hasn't had it lately and people have short-term memories.

18. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

last 2 games? he was awful half of the season my son...

19. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

he is inconsistent. people completely forgot about his meltdown in last years finals.

20. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Harden is much too talented to be holding on to the ball for 20 seconds.