1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets have zero chance vs the Lakers, David Stern, and 3 referees on Wednesday

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by andyacecandy, Apr 16, 2013.

1. teebone21

teebone21 Member

No chance in hell Rockets win, asik will be in foul trouble in first quarter giving Dwight and gasol easy PIP

2. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

If it's a tight game... there aint no way anybody but the Lakers would walk away with a victory....

3. wincan459

wincan459 Member

Very negative OP. If there were a conspiracy, Stern would have the Rockets beaten the Suns so we won't desperately want a win tomorrow.

Just score more pionts than the Lakers, problem solved.

4. mulberry

mulberry Member

If that's the case, then JLin's fan in LA that are going to the game maybe could do something. Wear Rockets' jersey and bring with them a big banner that says "rigged game". If the officiating gets too ridiculous then they can be vocal and wave the banner. It might help. I don't think Stern and the referees want that kind of bad NBA publicity on TV all over Taiwan and China.

5. mulberry

mulberry Member

Or, the MaCouch can in the right time simply tell the referees that this game is being broadcasted all over China and Taiwan and he appreciates that the referees are doing an outstanding job.

6. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

I just hope we play everybody and don't sit anybody out. Hopefully Harden will try this game

7. mulberry

mulberry Member

sorry, I meant coach. typo.

8. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

That doesn't make any sense. Of course Stern would want the Rockets to lose to the Suns, it makes for tonight's matchup to be even more exciting, as both teams will have something on the line.

9. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

you know what would be hillarious if the jazz win earlier in the day?

knowing that the Lakers have no chance in the playoffs - and maybe they wont draw as well as they would if Kobe was playing - and seeing how they sort of do have a makeshift excuse in play with Kobe's injury

If stern was to rule everything in Houston's favor just to have people shut up about all these things and while it continues to happen year in and year out for the next 4-5 years he and the media could always point to this game and be like --- "they could have had the lakers in the playoffs but look that didnt happen - how can you say they favor big market teams?"

i mean stern is the type that is willing to lose a small battle to win the war

10. munco

munco Member

I 100% agree, but that would make it that much sweeter if we win. Even if it's 9 on 5 we can beat them.

"Don't ever underestimate the heart of a champion!"

11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Rooting for the Lakers I see...

12. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

5 star post.

13. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Hmm... Stern might want the Lakers, but it seems like Vegas will probably need the Rockets... LA is favored by either 2.5 or 3, and that line will surely draw in lots of money on the Lakers. Then again, if the Lakers were to make the playoffs, all their games would have a higher-than-avg handle, so Vegas would get the chance to make more money for 4 extra games.

14. Penetrate&Creat

what's dealeck's take on this?

15. lomahtw

lomahtw Member

the people, the media, the NBA organization and the refs all want/need the lakers in the playoffs. the refs will be standing by to make sure the lakers win. Unless the rockets play like a champion team, otherwise, the lakers is a sure win. fairness in NBA is not always as fair as people think in NBA. the loss of the suns game will finally pay us pay dearly.

16. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

If Stern really gotta rig the game, I hope we can build an early 30-point lead and force the refs to embarrass the league with a 90-9 FT disparity. The entire world will know how corrupt NBA is and David Stern will be forced to step down and go to jail where he belongs.

17. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

My prediction: Jazz L. Rockets W.

18. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Amateur conspiracy theorists..

If you're Stern and you want the Lakers be in the playoffs, this is NOT the game you mess with.. Too risky. It's the OTHER game (UTA @ MEM). Just make sure the Grizz holds serve and gets the home win(as expected).. boom. That's it right there. No ones ever gonna question a Grizzlies win. Especially when their lineup is just better than the other team.

THEN you can just let the Rockets and Lakers slug it out themselves and play for playoff seeding as the NBA's last nationally televised regular season game.

19. cuddie

cuddie Member

From 3:50 on in this video about the McGrady signing, they talk about nothing but the Lakers. I mean seriously, what the hell. I'm not liking our chances on Wednesday.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FPysVOO0nyY?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

20. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Remember, this is David Stern's final season as NBA commish. You almost always try to leave a positive and lasting impression to the NBA fans.