1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Lowry-Dragic vs. Lin Tracking Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JCDenton, Nov 1, 2012.

1. VanityHalfBlack

Spieagal posting way too much.. The guy has 20 fingers or something??

2. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

How so? Morey got one of the best SGs in the league. We have the youngest team and we're going into the playoffs. The team also has a ton of cash left.

Looks great for Morey.

3. tie22fighter

tie22fighter Contributing Member

What the heck?

Some people are talking about Dragic thoroughly outplayed Lin last night. I don't know what game they were watching. But I certainly don't get that impression at all.

Dragic shot 7 of 17 for 21 points and had 14 assists and 3 turnovers.
    Lin shot 8 of 19 for 20 points and had 4 assists and 2 turnovers.

Except for one brief flurry when Harden was not on the court, he was the third option. On any given night, if our third leading scorer had similar line as our opponent's leading scorer, I would say we have a great chance of winning.

Lin certainly hold his own against Dragic and certainly did enough for us to win. Actually, Parson, Delfino, Lin and Jones all did enough for us to win.

The only reason we lost last night is because PJ Tucker outplayed Harden last night.

Tucker shot 8 of 13 for 21 points and had 2 assists and 1 turnover.
    Harden shot 5 of 18 for 16 points and had 2 assists and 4 turnovers.

There was one and only one reason we lost last night, and Lin was not it.

Look, I don't want to turn this into Harden vs. Lin. Everybody can have a bad day and last night was one for Harden. He had to do a lot worse for me to start criticism him.

But I can't believe people are turn this against Lin.

2 people like this.
  4. bc2k

bc2k Member

Agreed!!

Lin hate on this forum is very strong, especially after Rockets lose a game. People try their best to put the lost on Lin anyway they can. You don't see this thread being bumped after Rockets' wins.

1 person likes this.
  5. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

It's not really Lin hate. If you notice a lot of them are just new trolls trying to upset the new fans.

And then you have some trolls pretending to be Lin-fans to purposely upset older members.

We all know that 3rd year Lin is already just as good as 6th year Dragic so it's obvious the posters that say otherwise are just trolling.

Anyway, the best thing is just to ignore them or else reading their posts might decrease your IQ :grin:

6. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

What?? Dude, did you ignore the total lack of effort from EVERY ROCKET on the defensive end? FOUR players on the Suns scored over 20 points, way above their average. You can't look at one player matchup and say "that's why we lost." Take your anti-Harden glasses off man.

Can you quote me some of this "Lin hate?"

Every reputable poster has at least acknowledged that Lin had a decent game tonight.

7. bc2k

bc2k Member

There you go.

These posters sounded like Lin wass having a 1/10 game with 9 turn overs. Ignoring the fact that he had 20 points in the first 3 quarters, and led our bench to the only lead for the Rockets in this game.

8. tie22fighter

tie22fighter Contributing Member

You need to learn how to read. This is what I said, "...Everybody can have a bad day and last night was one for Harden. He had to do a lot worse for me to start criticize him."

You want to talk about defense? You do know who is the worse defender on this team right?

9. hltiki

hltiki Member

there

10. VanityHalfBlack

Lin Dominates Dragic at Toyota Center for sure.

11. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Gorgis the #1 option on his team. Should really be comparing his numbers to harden, not lin

12. VanityHalfBlack

word.

13. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Yes thats exactly why we decided to not resign gorgi and trade away lowry. Because the master plan all along was to sign lin to an initial offer sheet that everyone knew was going to be matched by the knicks. :rolleyes:

14. gene18

gene18 Rookie

Absoutly correct. One of the Sun's commentator's said the Lin brought the rockets back into the game. Look at the replays. You would be astonished how well the team played under Lin's guidance.The ball wasn't "sticky" when Lin was in the game without Harden. As Karl (Nuggets coach) said Lin is the motor of the team.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Both players are good, Goran is the better player overall but not by much, why not appreciate both?

DD

1 person likes this.
  16. VanityHalfBlack

See this is a civilized answer, I'm on board with that.. Let's just focus on the Lakers tomorrow and drop this dragic/Lin debate for now until next season, right clutchfans?

1 person likes this.
  17. seahawk

seahawk Member

I don't care who's better. We are going to the playoffs.

18. Hous-TO-n

Hous-TO-n Member

True
    you have my words

19. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

Another reason is Scola got too many open looks. His mid range jumpers were not missing yet no1 even attempted to gard them. After watching majority of the Rocket's game this season, other teams are getting really easy shots on us.

20. Pukimonster

Pukimonster Member

Lin is leagues better than Derrick Fisher, who couldnt get in the paint if his life depended on it