1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets-Warriors-Jazz-Lakers | Race to the Playoffs Tracker (Projections & Results)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Da_Spark, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

If we go 1-2 and the Lakers win out, we drop to 8th seed.

2. body slam

body slam Member

7. Rockets 44-353 games left
    8. Lakers 43-37
    9. Jazz 42-38

3. body slam

body slam Member

disreguard the above post

4. solid

solid Contributing Member

Rockets are one half game out of 6th place.

5. Commodore

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Tough loss last night. Likely opponent: San Antonio 33%, Denver 31%, Memphis 14%, Oklahoma City 14%, LA Clippers 8%</p>&mdash; Daryl Morey (@dmorey) <a href="https://twitter.com/dmorey/status/323052732648927232" data-datetime="2013-04-13T07:39:08+00:00">April 13, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6. finsraider

finsraider Member

Very interesting how yesterday worked out:

A Memphis win and Denver loss keeps the Grizzlies in the hunt for the 3rd seed....which means they are much more likely to play their starters against the Jazz.

The Lakers win over GSW keeps things at status quo for both the 6 and 8 seeds.

My guess is the league allows Utah to beat Minnesota, and the Spurs to beat the Lakers.....meaning virtually every seed will be up for grabs on the last game of the season.

7. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

Absolutely not a coincidence... The only thing we should care about is to not drop to 8th.

8. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Well aware of it. That's why i'm basing it on the result of the upcoming game between the Lakers and the Spurs. If the Spurs win that one, which most likely they will sans Kobe, we can afford to rest and lose our 2 remaining games to stay at 7th. Of course the Warriors have to go 1-1 for this to materialize.

9. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

I hardly complain nor make the refs as an excuse but you're right, the officiating from last night's game was terrible. We could've easily won that game if the refs just called it fair. Oh well, it is what it is.

10. peter2012

peter2012 Member

Terrible and obvious. At least 2 on Harden and 1 on PB, that is 3 terrible calls I remember very clearly. There were 3 terrible calls against GS in Lakers game too.:mad:

11. Karolik

Karolik Member

James Harden in the last 18 games has been shooting sub 39%. Why?

There are a few possible reasons

1. He is in a shooting slump
    2. He is injured or as lingering effects from one.
    3. Something else

I think 1 and 2 are definite possibilities. But I think the main problem is that he is starting to get reliant on foul calls. Then when the refs don't call the foul, it counts as a missed shot. See what I mean below.

“We went in there I think at times looking for contact as opposed to trying to finish the play,” Rockets coach Kevin McHale said.

“I’m always looking for contact,” Harden said

He needs to find a balance between knowing when to try and get calls and when to actually look to finish. It's his first season, I think he will, but no doubt its an issue right now, and probably will be in the playoffs.

12. HL3

HL3 Member

We just need to hang on to that 7th seed and we're golden. I fully believe OKC will retain 1st and that our opponent will be San Antonio.

13. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

San Antonio will be the likely 1st round opponent. Notice how the standings have not really changed much the past 2 weeks. With only 3-4 games for most teams, I do not expect any significant changes either.

14. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

It could easily change in a few days. GSW is only half a game ahead of us in the standings. Our remaining schedule (vs SAC, @PHX, @LAL). Do you see us losing any of those 3? Could've possibly lose our final game in LA but without Kobe, odds are we will win that game. That means we will finish at 47-35.

Now take a look at the Warriors remaining games (vs SAS, @POR). Even if they somehow win those 2 and beat SA, they'd also finish at 47-35. We own the tie breaker so we claim 6th seed.

The only way i see us remaining at 7th is if we rest pur starters and tank our last 2 games. Again, this is assuming the Lakers lose to SAS because if they win out, losing 2 of our games could possibly send as to 8th seed sice we'd finish with the same record as LA.

15. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

"Possible 1st round opponent, Spurs 33%", Nuggets 31%.. That's like tossing a coin, really.

16. thekad

thekad Member

Memphis is out of the picture now so it's either Denver or San Antonio now.

17. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

Yeah, the refs really handed the game to the Grizzlies, just to make the huge Memphis fan base happy. :rolleyes:

18. Commodore

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Playoff Opponent: Denver 35%, San Antonio 30%, LA Clippers 20%, Oklahoma City 13%, Memphis 2%</p>&mdash; Daryl Morey (@dmorey) <a href="https://twitter.com/dmorey/status/323474121075851265" data-datetime="2013-04-14T16:33:34+00:00">April 14, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

19. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

Denver it is. I don't give a f.. We're gonna bring it to them!! Go Rockets!!

20. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Spurs lost Manu Ginobili (might play soon but could be rusty), Boris Diaw, and Stephen Jackson. Plus they don't have someone like an Igoudala who could check Harden.

So, why the Spurs? Hmm.. Let's take a look..

Harden 2012 WCF game 5 dagger vs Spurs..
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Y6_KYulzT4M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Harden hits game winning shot with Red Nation..
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zDt9XRWwfIk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bill Simmons interview with Tony Parker. "He(Harden) is a very bad matchup for us" - TP..
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wlrGFjBR0hY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>