1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McHale could learn from D'antoni's Mistake

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Crashlanded19, Apr 13, 2013.

1. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Kobe probably tore his achilles. Kobe has averaged 42.8 mins the past ten games..James Harden has played alot of mins throughout this season. And we all know when fatigue, the chance for a injury increases. I think mchale needs to put James Anderson in the rotation and take Dmo out. This will allow Harden a little while to rest. I know he's young but Harden has been banged up a bit this season. But with the playoffs coming i think we should rest Harden a little more in these up coming games.

2 people like this.
  2. nono

nono Member

Yeah just suit him up. I don't think I'll ever be able to get over Harden suffering something like that.

3. Blaster_333

Blaster_333 Member

Yeah we don't want another Yao/McGrady issue for the next couple years.

Asik has already suffered a torn ACL, and some other major injury in his early years. Lin has had the meniscus tear. Parsons and Harden are starting to wear down.

I say rest Harden as well, limit Asik/Parsons/Lin's minutes. We have Anderson T-Rob & Brooks available off the bench, this would be a good time to use our depth.

4. Raven

Raven Member

You can only play the roster you have. It's up to Morey to address this problem during the off season.

5. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

McHale will never reduce Harden's minutes for as long he is the HC. Harden will average about the same minutes next season.

In playoffs, if game is close, you can bet Harden will be in the game at least 44 minutes. That's what superstars do in the playoffs, by playing insane amount of minutes.......

6. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

I think we should rest harden vs kings...even tho i have tickets to that game... i think its a "W" whether he plays or not

7. Jontro

Jontro Member

Rest Harden at the start of the 3rd in the playoffs. Play him all of the 4th. That's my take.

8. hocash

hocash Contributing Member

Can't compare the two. Kobe had literally suffered two injuries already that game. He was limping around with no strength and D'Antonio left him in like a moron.
    A young guy who's a little tired isn't the same as a 34 year old Kobe hyperextending his knee and continuing to play.

9. yunac010

yunac010 Member

To be fair to D'Antoni though, the Lakers are fighting to cling onto the 8th seed. They can't afford to give Kobe rest.

10. tminusrex

tminusrex Rookie

CP3 is gonna sign with the Lakers now

11. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

McHale will soon learn from D' Antoni that in order to be a championship contender, you gotta play good defense.

And rebound! Z-Bo and Gasol won't be getting those offensive rebs and tip ins if we had Kevin Love! Sorry about that.

12. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

Harden needs his rest but there is all the difference in the world between 23 and 34.

13. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

you're right

14. iLookOK

iLookOK Member

[​IMG]

15. hbomb

hbomb Member

I feel bad for Laker's fans. As much as we give them flak about being the "L.A. Fakers", you gotta feel sorry for the fans. High pre-season expectations dashed by the reality of the fact that you can't pull superstars together and expect it to work. The struggle to reach 0.500, the battle for 8th and now their superstar might be out for the whole of the next season. It may be that he ends his season now, I'd hate for him to leave the league in this way.

Thing is, there is no doubt that Kobe wanted those minutes. He wanted to play through his injuries and through his pain. Dantoni shares part of the blame for running the kobe horse literally to the ground, but my opinion is that Kobe was going to carry the lakers at all costs.

I'm just praying that no rockets get injured. I couldn't face a Harden-less season :S

16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Yao Ming hid his toe-nail injury from JVG, too, until it was too late.

Players do this.

17. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

Nope, McHale shall never be criticized, even if he is proven wrong with results. Then, LOFs shall be blamed for being so irritating such that we couldn't blame McHale in the first place.

18. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

As a Rockets fan that had to suffer through the Tmac and Yao era, I don't feel sorry for Lakers fans at all. They have never had to go through what us Rockets fan have gone through from 2005-2010.

19. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

This is Kobe's call. D'Antoni does not want a stare down, death for a coach.

20. calcium

calcium Member

I agree too. I think Harden is being overplayed.