1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Grizzlies @ Rockets 4/12/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 11, 2013.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Harden got a wide open shot. I wouldn't say it failed.

2. lomahtw

lomahtw Member

When there was about 2 minutes left. there were too much ISO plays in last few possesions. When there was still time, it didn't need to be all ISO plays in those last few possessions. The ball movement didn't seem to exist. Mchale got to understand it or did understand but not do it.

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Really. Now I think I'll go do something else for a while. I don't want to read 50 stupid posts about "Hero Ball" and "why didn't he pass it to Jeremy?"

4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Refs robbed us tonight. It happens.

5. fearless!

fearless! Member

Agreed..nobody should blame harden for the last possesion. he broke the defense down quite well with his crossover. lets not talk about the isos before tho

6. platypus

platypus Member

All the posters who are claiming harden should've passed it are idiots, wide open shot is wide open.

7. tefunk

tefunk Member

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  8. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

WE HELD MEMPHIS TO 35% SHOOTING!!!!

We shot 31%

9. haydenfisher342

tony allen with the super star calls

10. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Which ones, specifically?

11. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

that's what these idiot coaches do. Doc Rivers would've actually drawn up a play. Just cause he has Paul Pierce doesnt mean he just says ok "pass the ball to Paul and go to work"

These guy just say "ok harden whatever, stand outside till the clock ticks down and put it up"

12. Cautiously_Op

Cautiously_Op Member

As crap as the 1st half was, and ridiculous officiating all night long, I liked this game. Houston was forced to adjust and play half court, play playoff pace and physicality, and they did alright. In the 3rd quarter, great job on rebounding by Smith and TJones, great defense by Lin on Conley, and Harden finally got going on 3S, to get the team back in it.

Harden with another 8 TOs, but he was the man in the 3rd with five 3 pointers. Down by 8 late in the 4th, Lin played excellent defense on Conley, hit a big 3, then made a great no look pass to Asik for a dunk. With a little over a minute left, Lin hits an even bigger 3 to tie it up. Jeremy MR. CLUTCH Lin. Yes Harden is the go to man, but I think they should have gone to Lin in this game for the last shot. He knocked down two 3s in his man’s face late in the game.

Tony Allen with the dirty hit on Lin. Then a BS call on Beverley. Harden, Lin, Beverley got called for a total 14 fouls. I think this must have been one of the top worst officiated games I’ve ever seen.

13. trowa2

trowa2 Member

u have one of the best perimeter defender on harden, is the chance still going to be the same? i dont think so.

14. ahhh

ahhh Member

In terms of team dynamic Harden should always have the ball down the stretch. Whether he's feeling it or he passes will be up to him. He didn't make the right decisions down the stretch. WE HAVE NO PLAYS. The last shot is good but it shouldn't have come to that point.

15. Bublanski

Bublanski Member

HARDEN = BALL HOG I WANT TO BE THE HERO CHUCKING FLOPPER.

He ruined every single offensive possession late in the game despite having wide open teammates.

grizz: 7 TOs

harden: 8 TOs

1 person likes this.
  16. RealLife

RealLife Member

I'm just glad we made it close. I tought Memphis is gonna blow us out.

17. devin23

devin23 Member

He was, on the contested 3 James took vs prince before the wide open 2 he had.

18. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

man tough loss...couldnt ask for a better op...i know James is mad...but he should use these ops to define him...the great ones...all missed at the buzzer as well...if James wants to be one of those guys...he will have to make shots to be the closer...seriously though, i wish they called a play to have Jeremy take that last shot...the place wouldve erupted if Lin hit a game winner...and the LOF wouldve gone crazy...lol...

Its ok...tough loss...but we need to expect these kind games in the playoffs...but seriously...these refs were atrocious...especially the calls he made down the stretch...wow...no call on James and a bogus call on Beverly...but i like the chance for the Rockets to learn from these moments...and become the better team...Go Rockets...go get em sunday night...great game!!!!!!

19. PopItRockets

PopItRockets Member

Yeah that's why Lin made 2 clutch 3's huh? :rolleyes:

20. RoxDC

RoxDC Member

People are complaining about the shot before that. Harden should have taken the final shot - it was his, he was open; just bad luck.