1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin Helping Harden Do All the Work

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by watashi315, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Steal&Deal

Steal&Deal Member

He said he should be running the offense and Harden should be scoring. Exactly what I'm saying to the dismay of those who just don't understand the game.

2. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

harden draws the fouls, not the ref blatantly calling it for no reason. LOF spotted

3. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Fire McHale. Hire Murph. Championship

The funny thing is that if Calvin Murphy wasn't a fan of Lins game you wouldnt be saying he knows basketball. He'd be just another hater who doesn't know crap.

1 person likes this.
  4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Tell me again what coaching, managing experience Calvin has again?

Drexler has more credibility in that department than Calvin.

5. Steal&Deal

Steal&Deal Member

I predict we will be blown out in game 1 of the playoffs with James dominating the ball. Game 2 McHale will have Jeremy and James share the ball more and we will win or come close.

Then because McHale has not learned all year, we'll probably go back to James dominating the ball and will get swept or lose in 5.

6. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

So if im following you...all the games this season that Harden dominated the ball, had great stats and we won were all just flukes?

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You measure with FTs included since its how many points you score per official shot you take on average. Harden took 21 and scored 33. Very strong.

Also you have to remember that 9-21 is not all that bad for a shooting guard considering some of those shots are 3's.

He shot 7-13 from two point range (above 50%) and 2-8 from 3 point land (25%). If he hit one more of those 3's, he'd be 3-8 for 38% from 3 point land.

So in other words, he was one shot from having a very efficient scoring game. And despite that, he still put up 33 points. Yeah, not a bad night at all. I will take that.

8. Steal&Deal

Steal&Deal Member

Just wait and see my friend...

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

You didn't answer his question. Do you think they were flukes or not?

10. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

will Rox be in the playoffs with Kevin Martin instead of Harden?

11. Steal&Deal

Steal&Deal Member

Gee are you demanding an answer from me?? I'm frigging petrified Mr. basketball expert. You're probably one of the many that said in the beginning of the year that Lin was a joke and overpaid. In fact you probably still believe that don't you? Tell me you still believe that and I'll know how serious to take you.

12. cbk41

cbk41 Member

So you are avoiding a question about something you asserted in an earlier post and then you go ad hominem on the guy?

This is a free internet community and you don't have to answer to anyone, but your voice and posts is what characterizes your reputation.

1 person likes this.
  13. Steal&Deal

Steal&Deal Member

That's not the point. The point is the Rockets are a better basketball TEAM ( and win more often) with Lin as PG. Many clutch fans have pointed that out this year.

14. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

Take into account Harden had 21 shots, 9 turnovers, and 14 trips to the FT line.

That's a LOT of total possessions. His usage must have been sky high.

I've noticed whenever Harden has the rare bad game (like in Denver) the next game he really tries too hard to do it all and redeem himself at the detriment to team play.

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

1) I just asked that you answer his question so we can see if you truly believe that they were flukes, which you still are avoiding answering for some reason. It's not a hard question to answer...

2) Quite assumptive of you to say that, even though I never thought that at all. One could make a case that he was slightly overpaid, but not by a whole lot, and clearly he wasn't a "joke". His time in New York proved that. You don't have to believe me and "know how serious to take me", but that's how I've felt from the get-go.

Not sure why you're getting so defensive over a simple question...

16. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

Counts according to the rules but we all know that last one wasn't going in LOL

17. cbk41

cbk41 Member

It's somewhat valid if you figure in that JL would dominate the ball a lot more because of A) the absence of Harden and B) Kevin Martin being one of the least ball dominate guards in the NBA for his scoring output.

18. Steal&Deal

Steal&Deal Member

In my opinion it was a question meant to trap me into saying something that would put blood in the water. Then all the sharks would smell it and attack.

BTW are you also one of the many that said Lin was a joke and overpaid?
    Answer that question.

19. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Fixed.

20. Steal&Deal

Steal&Deal Member

You're NOT following me at all. Also your question is stupid and insulting. Where did I ever say the wins were flukes? Anyhow to answer your question and appease your fanboys the answer is NO they were not flukes.

The only point I'm making is that the Rockets are a better TEAM with Lin and Harden sharing the ball more rather than less lke last night. Most clutch fans agree with this point by the way.

1 person likes this.