1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Suns @ Rockets 4/9/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 8, 2013.

1. hustle_town

hustle_town Rookie

The play call was correct here, not because the shot "went in", but the Harden iso. Things to consider for a guy like harden in a game-tying/winning shot situation.

1. Harden gets a lot of his points from the line by drawing fouls while driving to the lane. In late game situations, refs are more likely to let some ticky-tack fouls goes (no, i don't have statistical evidence) but it's not worth the risk of putting up a highly contested shot in the lane in that situation.

2. Harden is a solid 3 point shooter and he loves taking the shot off the dribble, before the D can double on him (in this situation).

3. You want to give your "closer" the shot he's most comfortable with in a situation he's most comfortable in. Some guys can both iso post and iso top of the key. Harden seems to like the top of the key iso where he can utilize both the shot and pass, both strengths of his.

In late game situations, you could draw up a play, which is fine, but you're not going to run something complicated. Hence having a "closer" aka superstar player. They are superstars not only because they put up gaudy numbers, but also because they can hit the gw shot.

1 person likes this.
  2. novaman

novaman Member

Yeah. Game ball definitely goes to Jermaine for giving the Rox the W....and the best Rocket out there last night? Scola (well, EX Rocket to be precise!)

3. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

SkyrimOwnsAll is a troll. The point is, Lin is a true NBA Starting Point Guard and will probably be one for 10+ years (hopefully in red). He's a talented player and I'm glad we have him.

4. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

how much longer will you put up with the Linconsistency

5. pnr

pnr Member

He's been averaging like 14/6 since beginning of December. I don't know if you're going to get better production from another Harden backcourt partner unless the usage rate goes up.

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Right on! This team had no business having a winning record, much less making it to the playoffs, yet we managed it anyway. Kudos to Morey for making some truly amazing moves, kudos to McHale and the coaching staff for putting the players in a position to succeed, despite some rediculous turnover in personel, and especially kudos to the players. They wanted it bad enough to get us there, despite traveling back and forth from the Valley, despite having to adapt to new guys playing next to them, and maybe taking some of their minutes, despite minor injuries to key players that required people stepping up, despite worry over whether they would see the court, with McHale juggling things on the fly to see what worked best, despite worrying prior to the deadline if they'd even be on the team, worrying well justified. Kudos to them all.

Regardless of what happens in the playoffs, we should relish this feeling, relish that we made it against all odds. If anyone else gets Executive of the Year over Morey, he was robbed, and Kevin McHale, who I hated hiring, and said so at the time, the cat deserves Coach of the Year. That's something I never thought I'd say, but folks, we made it to the Dance, and no one, I mean NO ONE in the league in October thought we had a snowball's chance in Hell of getting there. People might want to consider that when littering the GARM with rediculous crap. We're in the playoffs, and that's freakin' amazing.

GO ROCKETS!!

7. norcalhussla

norcalhussla Member

theres no more Linconsistency im afraid. he has been doing well for a while now

8. RonJeremy

RonJeremy Member

As long as he is improving, his consistency will improve. At this point, two good games and one bad game will be acceptable. If he continues to improve, I don't see his consistency as an issue. Heck, if Lin can give me two good and one bad for the playoffs against Denver, SA, or OKC, I will take it.

9. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

THANKS for elaborating on my thoughts! I could not have done it...unless I was writing a song...;)

10. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Email from a friend at last night's game:

11. boiler

boiler Member

Parsons: Hey Beard, what do you think about the hot asian girl up there? Is she good enough for Lin?

Harden: Huh, she look OK.

Parsons: Alright, I will get her number.

12. pnr

pnr Member

I can see this happening. Doesn't Lin have a gf already tho?

13. kwongadong

kwongadong Member

I guess McHale was right...can't win with 29 pts and 9 TOs, you need at least 30 pts.

14. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

From NBA.com

"The long ball certainly was not falling often for the Rockets, who shot a dismal 20.0 percent (6-for-30) from behind the arc. If not for Harden's controversial game-winner, Houston would have set a season-low in 3-point percentage. "

Yet we still managed to win! Thank you based Jermaine O'Neal

15. javajam

javajam Contributing Member

hah I like your style!

16. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

So Parsons is trying to ditch Lin?

17. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

Parsons is still out, and Harden rested two games recently because of his foot. Lin and Asik are the only starters who have played every game this season.

18. wincan459

wincan459 Member

Great attitude, support your team.

19. BooHoo

BooHoo Member

He does?

Chandler's such a hoe though. Or a pimp. :grin:

20. DorianTurk

DorianTurk Member

Chandler has a gf...i think lol I think her name is Robyn or something but they tweet each other a good amount