1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Nuggets 4/6/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Albinoswordfish

Have you been watching the Lakers recently? Kobe is literally playing all 48 minutes for every game and is basically willing his team to the playoffs. I know you guys are Rockets fans but don't be deluded into thinking that Harden is better than Kobe, because he's not.

Until Harden starts playing defense, he'll just be another Monta Ellis in my eyes. A top scorer in the league that gives it all back on the other end.

2. Dementium

Dementium Member

I think we can agree to disagree on this. For most players, they may never ever get 30 point nights. So just cause Harden can get it consistently suddenly his standard is so much higher?

If he averaged 50, he needs 80 for a monster night?

Objectively, a 30 point game is pretty damn good. And Harden gives you steals, assists and rebounds too.

I don't think you realize how special a player Harden is. He isn't the perfect player but I think only Durant and Lebron can hold claim to that. But hes only 23. And hes playing injured. Cut him some slack.

3. Dementium

Dementium Member

SMH. Some of you guys....

I'm a freaking Lin fan and I have to defend Harden here. The irony abounds.

Harden is so much better than Monta its not even funny. And yes, Kobe may be better now, but the reason anyone would take Harden over Kobe is cause Harden is 23. Kobe is not.

Also, Kobe willing them to the playoffs? Who do you think got them to the situation they are in right now? Hes shot them out of countless games this year. Granted hes raised his game recently but go back to before the all star break and he was shooting them out of games.

What is with the love of downplaying your team's only superstar? I mean seriously, what gives?

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

At no point during this season did Harden have a higher fg% than Kobe. Harden has literally shot us out of games too this season.

5. kuku

kuku Member

The original debate was never about Harden or how good he is. It was a post about he had many "monster games" against so called top echelon teams and dared others to do research, which wasn't true.

If you hadn't bugged in, we would probably repping each other on how good Harden is.

Here were my posts on pre-Harden trade:

#1945 kuku, Apr 7, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2013
  6. CCM721

CCM721 Member

Harden's season high in FGA is 24, and hes hit that once. Kobe has broken 40 once, 30 4 times, over 24 21 times. They lost 13 of the games in which he shot over 24 times, so i'd say Kobe has shot his team out of a lot more games.

7. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Bill Russell has lots of championship rings and he said this game is still about buckets.

8. roxxy

roxxy Member

LOL. Kobe who has a team of Dwight Howard, Pau Gasol, Steve Nash is willing his team to the 8th seed. LOL. You are right Kobe's life is very difficult.

9. Habs

Habs Member

If they gave out Olympic Gold Medals for posts on Clutchfans, you would be Michael Phelps right now.

10. Habs

Habs Member

It's actually amusing how little 1 can no about basketball if they only watch 1 team, and follow 12 players.

11. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Why is this r****ded lakers fan telling us Harden is just another Monta Ellis? Am I being punked?

12. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Zing! The most underachieving team in the history of the NBA.

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Member
    Supporting Member

This game honestly came down to the fact the Nuggets had more energy and are a better team then us. They simply wore us down. When the opposing team doesn't have a big run to blow you away but slowly builds a lead over time, that's a good indication they are just a stronger team even when you are playing hard against them.

It wasn't our offense that was lacking yesterday. For the first 3 quarter we were scoring alright.

Issue was we could not do anything about their front line. From top to bottom they are just a better team and they shot the ball lights out as well.

we're going to need to improve our front line particularly the defense and athleticism to compete with a team like Denver. Asik was clearly tired and struggling, and their big man owned us on both ends of the court.

14. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

Thank you.

Hearing Harden be compared to Monta Ellis breaks my heart.

15. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Habs is just a troll. Dude just keeps calling out Rockets fans knowledge while comparing Yi Jianliang to PatPat.

16. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

Did someone post this? Lin had a great game last night.
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IXfT1G7zs8Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

What?? Put him in his place? Harden has had some great games against good western conference teams.

We do need more scoring threats on the team, that's true.

18. andersongo

andersongo Member

Yep, about making and preventing buckets, but I did not expect the stans of that new breed of no-D scorers to understand that.

19. ChippedToothLin

From what I saw, we allowed too many uncontested 3's, and bigs didn't hold down the paint.

Oh, and the commentators are some douches! So much sneering and under-the-cuff remarks.

20. Albinoswordfish

Do you watch the Lakers at all? Pau/Nash/Howard/World Peace have been injured for a significant part of the season. Also they lost Jordan Hill early in the season, and thank goodness for Earl Clark or else the Lakers would be toast. The Lakers had to go through a major coaching change because of Mike Brown's initial Princeton offense that was put into place early in the season.

For those of you who don't like the Ellis / Harden comparison, here's the comparison from Ellis's best year from GS to Harden this year.

FG% 3P% FT% RPG APG SPG BPG PPG
    .442 .371 .860 4.8 5.9 1.8 0.5 26.2 - Harden
    .449 .338 .753 4.0 5.3 2.2 .4 25.5 - Ellis

Pretty similar, I'm not saying Ellis is better than Harden just that they're in the same mold of lethal scorer but don't play defense. It wasn't like these two aren't capable they're just known to be lazy defenders. Many GS fans, like you guys for Harden, thought Ellis was a superstar hence why Joe Lacob was booed heavily during Chris Mullen's retirement ceremony. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMfn6-mb8_4

Until Harden goes an adequate defender I won't put him up there with the elite players in this league.