1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

What we should learn from Denver games?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tigernet, Apr 6, 2013.

1. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Hmmm an athletic guy that can play defense, rebound, finish, and run the floor hmmmm reminds me of someone that's a FA this summer :D

2. Arthurprescott2

We've learned that playing in altitude sucks. That's about it. Oh and the fact that Rox are always on a back to back when they play Denver.

3. Type Raba

Type Raba Member

too bad royce is cray cray and outta shape... tjones and smith are keepers. losing my patience with dmo. and jones kinda makes trob irrelevant. royce too if he ever gets his act together

4. CertifiedTroll

In regards to all the DMo hate: He is a first year NBA player, he looks lost a lot and has horrid defense, BUT even though he looks horrid he still gets more points than our old PFs averages, and also he has put on considerable mass from previous years so he should be able to do so again with another good off season.

5. meh

meh Contributing Member

The Rockets are god awful on b2b. Even before this game, 6-13 record with a -3.5 point differential. Add that to Denver's homecourt, and I was thinking this is loss even with the injuries.

6. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

Keep Dmo on the bench
    Harden need to improve alot more than people think this summer.

7. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

1. That Iguodala as d*** good and a great passer. Amazing that he averages almost as many assists as Harden.

2. That everyone needs to play defense. And that includes Harden, even when he is not shooting well.

3. That Greg Smith, even in his worst game in awhile, is still valuable and should start as PF. I don't care if he gets blocked a couple of times. At least he goes in strong, finished a couple and got to the line.

4. That TRob can't shoot free throws and should not be in the playoff rotation.

5. That Jones and DMo should rotate as backup PF based on who is hot. Jones has a slight edge right now in my book. DMo just needs more time to get stronger and get acclimated to the NBA game.

8. Type Raba

Type Raba Member

hypobaric chambers for everyone!

9. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

Look before panic starts to spread in your little mind, remember these key facts:

Parsons was out (2nd top scorer on our team)

We were on a back to back (national tv game, more intensity used)

Denver is a mile high

Denver has the manimal

And Denver has the manimal

Did I mention Denver has the manimal? Because he is a beast and one of the best finishers I have ever seen

10. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

We better not aspire for #6 spot

11. jocar

jocar Member

Our paint defense is pathetic

12. Classic

Classic Member

Sleeping on a bus and rolling into the hotel at 830AM ain't exactly helping either.

13. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Contributing Member

Lin is a total keeper.

14. instar

instar Member

that DEN is a match up nithgmare.

15. Type Raba

Type Raba Member

imo dmo is misused. he can hit the 3, just not consistently enough IN GAMES. practice dont mean squat diddly so i dont wanna hear anything about how many he makes in practice. on the post he is too skinny to be physical and he cant really finish. flashy spin moves and nice footwork, but no finesse to finish softly. so where i can see dmo being a contributor is a pick n pop kinda player. too bad rox dont shoot mid range and long 2s....

16. Type Raba

Type Raba Member

smith's been hitting his FTs also. love his game right now. its a shame his posting wasnt going in early and we went away from that the rest of the game.

17. torocan

torocan Member

This.

The Rockets just aren't built to take advantage of Denver's weaknesses and our players don't have the experience to beat them, let alone when they have home court advantage.

If we want to go deep in the play offs, we do NOT want to play a team that plays a similar style to ours but has a deeper bench and more experience at it. That's like being a heavyweight boxer with heavy hands and deciding to box with a guy with a better chin and *heavier* hands.

Just a bad, bad idea...

18. kumakun

kumakun Member

Man they have such a deep team, their bench players could be starters on other teams.

19. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Denver is a great team no doubt, I just don't think they are a legit contender though. They would prob beat teams like Rox, GSW, Lakers, etc in playoffs this year but I just don't see them beating any of the other top 4 in a series. Once you slow them down I think they will be beaten. Denver would need home court against both SA and OKC to have a chance which they won't.
    Any way what Rox should learn from their games with Denver is that their defense is what will keep them from being legit. If they don't sure up their defense, they will continue to have laughers against the better teams like tonight. Also, Rox need more imagination on offence. They can be so predictable at times. When Rox stop hitting their 3s, they can be shut down pretty much.

20. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

That everyone else is just as bad on a b2b as Lin is.