1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would Lin be best as a 6th man?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Swishh, Apr 3, 2013.

?

Should Lin be our new 6th man?

1. Yes, it would take a lot I pressure off of him.

91 vote(s)
    20.9%
  2. No, he should remain our starting PG

344 vote(s)
    79.1%
  1. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

A team is only as good as the individual players it consists of. This is not high school ball are a pick up game at the park. Decent players and team ball don't win championships in the NBA.

2. AustinPowers

AustinPowers Member

Team ball is great but when the playoffs come around, things tend to slow down a bit. A top flight Iso players is key during the closing minutes. I believe it's the reason why the Sun never won a championship with Nash.

3. AustinPowers

AustinPowers Member

Doesn't solve anything. Lin at 30 minutes and Harden at 38-42 minutes will still put them out there together. Do the math.

4. kwongadong

kwongadong Member

You have a starting PG with PER of 14.93 for the season. Only 3 PGs NOT on rookie contracts have PERs higher than 15 and make less than $8m per year.

The debate isn't whether Morey keeps his contract if he is a backup, the debate is why would you want him to be a backup in the first place when he is playing up to his contract? Guess what, if you want more production from the one, be ready to pay more than $8m per year.

5. AustinPowers

AustinPowers Member

Rubio?
    Teague?
    Dragic?
    Wall?
    Lowry?
    Conley?

Seriously!!! :rolleyes:

1 person likes this.
  6. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

You do... Lol..

7. bball_lifer

bball_lifer Member

Genius retort.

8. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

The debate is over whether or not Lin should be a 6th man.

I said he would never be 6th man for more than a limited time frame because if it got to that point, Morey would trade him the following summer because his contract wouldn't be worth keeping as a backup. It would be a burden on cap flexibility. So proposing it as a solution would be a temporary fix to any problem. It's either start or it's a failed experiment and he would be traded to make way for potential superstar signings or other more compatible pgs.

I'm saying why I think him being 6th man isn't a viable or plausible option. Was I only allowed to say yes or no to the question?

9. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

OP, are you 14 years old? Just wondering.

10. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

No. you're wrong. bev is much better pg than lin.

11. kwongadong

kwongadong Member

Sure. I guess it just doesn't make sense to me why we would want to downgrade at the pg position...I just don't think it's realistic to get a more efficient option for less cost.

12. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

I don't think you quite understand what I meant... I'm saying I can't believe that Lin fans complain about Harden's ISOs when they had to endure those other two last year - Melo and JR.

I would think that complaining about it in multiple cities would turn them on to the fact that no team is immune from guys ISOing up, and they would give Harden a bit of a break.

1 person likes this.
  13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

One of those guards you speak of just so happens to play on this team as well. Also, Lin has not played up to his contract. Isaiah Thomas has played up to Lin's contract.

14. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

How has Lin not played up to Lin's contract but I. Thomas has when I. Thomas is averaging less than a point more and Lin is averaging 2 more assists than him?

15. nono

nono Member

Just like Thomas Robinson is the steal of the draft.

16. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

Yeah I agree... I would Jeremy over Thomas this year any day of the week. Thomas runs a horrible offense. I don't know if any of them played up to the 8.3 million dollar mark this year, but Jeremy is a lot closer IMO. Being the starting PG on a winning team (especially in the West) says a lot about a player. Jeremy hasn't missed a game for us all year. Thomas is just thriving in ****ty city. I'd take Jeremy.

17. munco

munco Member

Thomas is a really good player, but let's be real here. Lin on a terrible team is going to be putting up great numbers. Just look at the Knicks when Melo was hurt or when Harden was hurt. On a crappy team he would probably be putting up around 20 a game.

18. Tommyboys

Tommyboys Member

You're kidding, right?
    no one who knows enough about basketball would say bev is better than lin
    to non rocket fans, lin is ***** and bev is just a scrub,

19. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

While you are at it, maybe you should mention Nate Robinson plays up to Lin's contract too, and he is on what...vet min?

Both of them are 5'9", have the same stats and Nate can actually dunk!!!

Edit: There is a huge reason why Nate and IT are NOT highly sought after. I guess some just ignore the most important factor of becoming an NBA player.

#179 kuku, Apr 5, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2013
  20. Jedster

Jedster Member

He's kidding.
    But he made me do a double take too. LOL