1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would Lin be best as a 6th man?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Swishh, Apr 3, 2013.

?

Should Lin be our new 6th man?

1. Yes, it would take a lot I pressure off of him.

91 vote(s)
    20.9%
  2. No, he should remain our starting PG

344 vote(s)
    79.1%
  1. Jedster

Jedster Member

Didn't you just say you were laughing over people who discussed about Harden and Lin's PG duties? Welcome to the party!

2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

At this point it doesn't matter who is better and who is not. What matters is a lot of Lin's inconsistency problems stem from him playing next to Harden. If he were to have his own squad, he would be able to play more to his skillset.
    Also, no matter what Lin thread is up, there will always be LOF vs LOH. Personally, i consider myself a LOTFF( Lin on the fence fan ).

3. chrisman_29

chrisman_29 Member

This season? No. We need one true point guard to handle this team when things start going nuts with turnovers and craptastic possessions. In the future? Possibly. If we end up getting our 2nd star who is a reliable post presence/pick-and-roll finisher, Harden can be the primary ball handler and the 1 position can primarily be a 3D (three point shooter & defender). Lin off the bench being both a scorer and a play maker, much like he was in New York, probably would be a decent idea. But this season, even though it's not obvious every night, we do need Jeremy's production as our starting point guard for this team to be successful.

4. hocash

hocash Contributing Member

He should start on the USA Olympic team. Why would he not start on the Rockets?

5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I just feel Beverley can defend starting points better at this point.

6. Fighton

Fighton Member

what's stopping harden and lin from becoming the modern day frazier and monroe tandem?

7. itstheyear3030

Based off what? Beverly almost always defends backup pgs...

8. bball_lifer

bball_lifer Member

Sad to see that a legitimate discussion cannot be had.

9. roxxy

roxxy Member

I thought we had moved on from this. Lin s the best passer on this team so he should be starting. The coaching staff has done a good job of splitting there PNR playmaking possessions 50/50. Not a lot of coaching staffs would do that. I personally think in the off season Harden should add a post game & work on his off ball cutting. This would allow the coaches to let Lin dominate the ball even more as the PNR ball handler & Harden can do a lot more off the ball stuff.

10. bball_lifer

bball_lifer Member

Either way, the problem with Lin is that he is Asian. His Asian fans think he is a God when in reality he was almost cut from the league last year. I actually like Lin because he plays a very unique style of basketball and is fun to watch. Sadly, you can not have a reasonable BASKETBALL discussion because Asians get their feelings hurt.

11. Roxs

Roxs Member

You know what else makes it hard to have reasonable basketball conversations?

Broad generalizations and absurd assumptions about race and anonymous people on forums.

2 people like this.
  12. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Lin is a below average starting pg in the NBA.

Westbrook
    Rose
    Conley
    Holliday
    Lillard
    Lawson
    Parker
    Rubio
    Teague
    Rondo
    Paul
    Curry
    Lowry
    Dragic
    Hill
    Irving
    Wall
    Williams

That's 17, not including someone like Vasquez. I'd rather have all those guys over Lin. So maybe a bench role would suit him.

13. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Good thing you are not our gm. You are stupid.

14. hkomives

hkomives Member

That doesn't make sense.

A case can be made Beverley can defend starting points better than Steve Nash and Kyrie Irving, should he then be starting in Cleveland or LA?

15. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

its only you and you are not the absolute criteria of quality...many people will rather have lin over almost any PG on the list...Lin have the intagibles and many of those from the list do not have the intangibles...

16. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

He's better than at least 6 of them.

17. nickg

nickg Member

Why would you start Beverley or brooks. Neither are good point guards, especially Beverley who is pretty much a spot up shooter and a solid defender. Brooks is an absolutely terrible defender who can get hot pretty quick. Makes much more sense off the bench to me. Lin is a great playmaker and is just about as good a defender as Beverley, is young, and is already putting up mike Conley numbers ( although Conley is a much better defender, more mature, and turns the ball over less ) and he is playing as an off guard alot. There is no ****ing reason why Lin and harden cant coexist when KD and Westbrook are doing fine in OKC. No, Lin will never be as good as Westbrook and harden probably won't ever be as good as KD, but they are both young and are both going to improve, especially as they play together more.

You would take your second best playmaker and toss him on to the bench? That's ****ing silly. Should their minutes be staggered a bit more ( if only to give harden a bit more of a break )? Yeah, but there is no reason they cant be on the court together.

18. JustaFan

JustaFan Member

Names I would cross off that list:

Lowry
    Dragic
    Hill
    Teague
    Rubio

19. pnr

pnr Member

Good list. I honestly would take lin over rubio, hill and possibly lowry. To be in the 15-20 range of starting pgs isnt really a knock on lin.

20. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

These Lin Homers are crazy :eek: