1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

North Korea watch

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tmacfor35, Apr 3, 2013.

1. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

It's starting to get crazy over there! Today North Korea made a statement that they have approved a "nuclear strike" on the US.

I can't fathom NK actually attacking unless they have confirmation they will be backed by a China/Russia.

Opinions?

2. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

They won't do it. The moment they do, the US will strike back and basically destroy their entire nation. No nations can really attack us and "win" due to out extensive alliances and nuclear weapons. No need to fret.

3. TreeRollins

TreeRollins Contributing Member

What doesn't Obama understand... Rodman said give Kim a call.

1 person likes this.
  4. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

China has set up troops along the border from China to NK. If NK makes the first move all China is going to do is shoot and kill every NK refugee trying to flee to China. Same goes for SK. If NK is dumb enough to attack, once their military is obliterated all refugees attempting to flee to SK will be shot and killed.

China won't trade their bustling economy and sacrifice one of their primary trading partners just to back up NK.
    There is no hope for those people. Outside of the members of the inner circle the entire civilian population minus the occasional citizen is completely and utterly brainwashed.

What Obama needs to do is ignore North Korea and start focusing and communicating more effectively with China. China is the wild card here.

1 person likes this.
  5. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Can we start a Kickstarter to get this guy laid?

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Nice, pretty much nails it! Repp'd

7. CCorn

CCorn Member

#whyaustin cracks me up.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Not worried. They've been talking big for so long I just ignore them.

9. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I do agree with what your saying, but reports suggest China would back NK.

It's hard to comprehend what really is going on over there. They have threatened so much that it's to the point of no return. I say send a couple cruise missiles there way and show them what happens when you cry wolf. Thank god I'm not a leader of this country, as I don't have the patience for this stuff.

Nuclear EMP's?

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I thought this was about an actual watch. With possibly a North Korean theme.

11. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

He should just tell the people of NK that they defeated the US... Not like they can prove otherwise!

And really... why austin? Did he say why Austin is targeted?

12. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

i heard just now that they've launched their advanced top secret nuclear submarine

[​IMG]

13. RedRedemption

Austin is home to one of the few runways in the nation that can support nuclear-capable stealth bombers or something along those lines.

1 person likes this.
  14. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

China will help them prepare defense. However, if NK strikes first, I feel China will have no option but to back out and let NK dig their own grave. China does not want to go to war with the US, but they do want to support their allies. As long as it's NK being crazy and not the US blowing down the door, China wont do much.

15. CCorn

CCorn Member

Trudy's wouldn't serve him a third mexican martini.

16. RedRedemption

I've heard from reports that quite the opposite will happen. Logically, it makes sense. Why would China completely ravage and destroy its own economy just to back up North Korea? China's main goals for the past few decades have been economic growth, something that they have been achieving at an astounding rate. The China of the 50's that was hell-bent on spreading communism and deterring American influence is not the same China today.

China-US relations have been on an upswing for some time now and they are a huge part of each others' global trading network. Unless the US's actions (like straight up nuking or invading NK) pose some semblance of a threat to the Chinese motherland then China has absolutely no incentive to back up NK. The only reason China does not want war is to maintain NK as a buffer state and prevent a surge of poorly trained, and brainwashed refugees flooding into their state. If anything secretly allowing China under the table to open fire on any and all refugees (normally a warcrime) and sweeping it under the rug would settle all doubts on China's involvement in this matter.

Not to mention if Korea were to be unified under SK, with the newly acquired land China would have a self-sufficient economic powerhouse as a neighbor rather than a leeching, unstable, piece of **** that North Korea is. Everyone wins except North Korea and its citizens.

17. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

this is how i imagine it's gonna go down

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  18. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

theres no way they can launch a nuke without us intercepting it and detroying it. For them to come close enough via a sub we would detect them and destroy it via missile defense system. I'm assuming thats if they have those capabilities.

NK is just such a sad country, its almost pitiful that they have to resort to claims such as this to get attention when even then nobody takes them seriously.

19. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

20. JD88

JD88 Member

China would be stupid to back NK. If NK attacked the US or SK, the world would come out against them. Do you think China would be willing to go up against the world to defend NK?

No.