1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Kings 4/3/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 2, 2013.

1. lookabove

lookabove Member

Harden should know his body the best. If there is still lingering pain, I agree he should rest.

My guess is that he's competitor and will try to come back early then need be.

2. Roboman

Roboman Member

The question to be asked tonight is who will show up tonight, Patricia or Patsquatch?

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

You realize these "Lin Only Haters" are really just haters of the LOF's right? Surely you can't be that naive to think Rockets fans want a player of theirs to fail, right? I hope so, at least...

4. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Member

He was being sarcastic... Wait, were you being sarcastic too? 1 of us needs to service or sarcasm detector, maybe both of us, maybe even all 3 of us. Now I'm confused.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

I think LOH's evolve from people annoyed by LOF's. It makes it easier for them.

Now I really do not believe they wish Lin fails because like the guy above me said, they are here for the team, not just Lin.

6. juanm34

juanm34 Member

somehow Arron Brooks sneeks into the game and drops 24pts in the second half.
    Rockets 112
    kings 96

7. itstheyear3030

I really don't understand these LOF/LOH/LOFH/"real fans" wars. If you perceive people of these groups to be trolls/irritating, why not just ignore list everyone that you presume to a member of that group? Seems like a pretty simple solution...

8. gengar

gengar Member

There are people who want Jeremy to do bad, even if they don't want Rockets to do poorly, they will rather that happen to prove the point that Dragic was a better fit to the rest of us

9. CONAN 888

CONAN 888 Rookie

Keith Smart not Smart.

10. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

Completely inaccurate!! Whitewashing something can only go so far.
    Do you know how 80% of these dumb arguments get started. It's either when Lin plays well but some hater starts dissing Lin out of freakin' nowhere over and over again until people get annoyed OR when Lin's not having a great night and people start dogging him, calling him a scrub, barely a starter, a horrible shooter, etc. It's almost always the haters in the guise of a "true" Rockets fan who condescendingly spouts nonsense not knowing how compromised he or she is in terms of Lin. And they very often hate on Lin, not Lin fans.

I don't know how often I join the thread late and I see an argument started by a Lin hater. I don't know if it's because people love McHale so very much, but I swear he could do no wrong when it comes to Lin according to posters on this board. I'll bet if McHale sat Lin down for every game in the playoffs in the 4th quarter and played 90% Harden-isos, if any Lin fan says anything, instead of agreeing they'd dog the poster for starting chit up again when everything is fine. And blame the loss on Lin.

Lol. I saw yesterday that several posters were actually agreeing that when Lin hinted that he'd like to be "the" pg more often or that not playing in the 4th is not cool, they were saying that he was just joking. Tongue in cheek... And when McHale says straight up that Lin looks to get his mojo going over the needs of the team, people defend him. It's completely and utterly a clear case of bias or even bigotry. Or at least it reeks of it.

1 person likes this.
  11. trock

trock Member

That would make sense if the assumption was that everyone is here to discuss the Rockets or basketball in general. I think on discussion forums there are a lot of people really just trying to argue and get into pissing contests. There were a couple of knuckleheads arguing for pages in abstraction last night. Those are the guys I put in the ignore pile.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing PPat tonight. He was a likable kid.

12. Rokman

Rokman Member

What's really wild about that picture is that Thomas Robinson and Terrence Jones are standing next to each other on the same team after battling each other in the National Championship game last year. Morey is freaking amazing!!

13. QuaDouble

QuaDouble Member

Lin is my third favorite player on the team, top ten in the league. But man... in the time I've lurked here and then posted here, I can really see why basketball fans get so annoyed with Lin fans.

14. Luca

Luca Member

Well said, it was funny to read these comments. No player nor competitor would feel ok not to be able to play in the 4th quarter (the most important quarter in the game).

15. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

Pardon me I retract and take back what I sad...I was wrong....heheh got too carried away:grin:

thnx bro! your very helpful! would repped if i could...

[​IMG]

16. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Member

I love Jeremy Lin, I think he's a great young point guard.

...But I can't wait for him to get traded.

[​IMG]

17. Steal&Deal

Steal&Deal Member

Yes some do as well as the coach.

"How do we win this game without Jeremy and Omer looking too good?

-McHale

18. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Member

"I'm a Lin Fanboy who likes to make up quotes to make Lin look like a victim"

-Steal&Deal

19. YallMean

YallMean Member

3 game losing streak on the road. Just typical.

20. GSWSFG49ers

GSWSFG49ers Rookie

Lin should get traded if the Rockets want to go anywhere. Rocket fans dont seem like they want that to happen though.