1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McHale has finally broken the camel's back

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pollaxt, Apr 1, 2013.

1. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

Repped

2. hocash

hocash Contributing Member

Lol. What?! Name the last time someone got injured cause he was RESTING for a long time then had to play.
    Anyone defending mchale tonight is freaking crazy.

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

What were your expectations coming into tonight's game with Harden/Parsons out? I thought it would be a very close game with us scraping out barely due to home court. This game was very lopsided from the beginning due to our team coming out with a lot of energy (yes coaches do that). I was extremely surprised. Rotations were great too, how do you think we built that lead?

Now the fact that the youngest team in the league is going to lose a big lead is nothing new, especially when you have Anderson, a completely new player playing a lot more minutes now.

Had the game gone to the end in a grueling manner and we pulled out a lot less people here would be b****ing. The coach isn't r****ded, I can tell you that much for sure. The magic weren't winning this, but the fact they were able to come so close is scary and I agree with you.

I don't know if you know how big of a deal it is to rest our starters. Adelman did wonders for this team...he made the impossible possible one season when Yao went out. Despite all that , the owner WANTED him GONE. Les blamed Adelman for overplaying Yao and the rest of the players. Clearly this wasn't Adelman's fault considering he didn't play him that heavy and he has to win every game ahead. With the new direction the franchise has taken, believe me before anything they make it CLEAR as day how many minutes they want from the players. This franchise is playing it extremely safe and I can almost guarantee you that Mchale has strict instructions on not over playing the players before playoff time. We as internet coaches sure like to speculate but it gets annoying when some think they know all behind closed doors.

4. xclearscreen

xclearscreen Rookie

at least he's given up on Delfino defending the pf position. that's like a wide open dunk every time for the opposing team

5. cbk41

cbk41 Member

Except for this analogy to remain true letting the bench play would have to be a terrible decision in all cases.

6. rocketblood713

He did nothin but still showing them somthin and leavin them in there to finish the game its a little somthing called "Trust" ...that will go along way for these youngsters

7. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

Are you kidding? You ever heard of a pulled muscle because of muscle tightening dumb ass? I had it happen to me, as have a multitude of other people who have ever participated in sports. That's an easy, tangible one for you. It isn't always clear when an ACL goes out what the root cause is likely to have been.

You ever play this thing called sports?

8. hocash

Actually there is evidence that stretching does not decrease injuries and lowers athletic performance.
    Warming up is different.

9. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

huh??! The analogy holds true if the decision he made today was a bad one, and it was a miserable one. Just because it didnt cost us a win doesnt make it right.

10. roxxy

roxxy Member

McHale always says this though? When he sits out Asik he says that he was just about to put him in but he felt some other guy was giving us really good energy.

11. hocash

Lin and Asik played. You can't possibly think parsons is our second best player.

12. gate470

gate470 Rookie

Or you could just watch the interview from Lin and notice that he wasn't laughing all that much when made that comment.

13. hocash

It's irrelevant what we expected at the beginning of the game. I did expect a blowout but that's not important. Our roster is underrated on GARM. Morey is ****ing good.
    Can you really defend the decision making at the end? Your bench is getting blown out the whole game and you let a huge double digit lead get down to five and not put in your best players? We haven't even locked up a playoff spot let alone seeding!

14. hltiki

hltiki Member

We won the game

15. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

Rumors? Those were Lin's own words said with a smile. And just because he was smiling doesn't mean he didn't mean what he said. He knew exactly what he was saying, just like he said he will continue playing his brand of basketball, just like after 3 consecutive 20 point games he said he could be playing better because he is getting consistent playing time. Dude does not even go in the huddle or anywhere near McHale anymore. This has all the making of Lowry 2.0 except it will all happen behind the scene.

16. hocash

And if mchale is worried about minutes why is harden top 5 in minutes played? You are giving mchale too much credit.

17. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

So this suddenly becomes a problem now but isn't a problem the other times when pulling out a regular season win because it "Hurts Lin's confidence?" Amazing.

18. cbk41

cbk41 Member

Im not addressing his decision specifically. But you compared his decision (letting the bench play it out) to driving drunk and not killing someone. Driving drunk is always a bad decision in all cases. Playing the bench is not.

19. psingh34

psingh34 Member

so this thread was started after rockets won by 8 while missing 2 starters. Judging solely by the comments on this thread one would think we lost the game. Clearly he could have made subs, but clearly he felt like going with the guys that were on the floor vs players coming off the bench cold was the way to go. And really the people they were going to bring in (other than lin) are not that much better than those out there offensively which is where we fell off.

i was not happy with substitutions either but he made a hunch and it was correct, I think it is a little nit picky to be saying it was ALMOST not correct. he made a gutsy call and stuck by it and in the end we won so we was right.. so really i ask you what the problem is? Before the game started if I were to ask anyone if they would be mad about rockets winning by 8 minus harden and parson everyone would have said no.. so stop being mad

20. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

He shouldn't be but he isn't getting much help which is the reason he has to play that much. Its also the reason he has sat out two games as a precautionary measure.

You obviously don't know this team's injury history and troubles to be throwing that around like that.