1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Magic @ Rockets 4/1/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Habs

Habs Member

#LINSANITY

LINSANE IN THE MEMBRANE.

NEW YOR...oh wait nevermind.

Also, Robinson was awful. Team's offense flows nicely with the ball in Lin's hands. Garcia has been outperforming Delfino. Garcia is a great pickup, considering the bench sucks he'll be needed come playoff time.

2. radd

radd Member

the only thing I can think is that mchale really really wanted to rest lin and omar because we have 3 games in 4 nights coming up and we may not have harden back for a while. I guess. that's all I can really come up with.

3. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

It's lucky we won but It could have gone either way, it was a risky gamble we couldn't afford.

4. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

no worse than people complaining about jeremy lin not hitting enough jumpers when they're already up 20 in the 3rd.

5. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Hopr linsanity's **** does whatever ur hoping for. . . .

The lead didn't get pissed away. Check the "win" column.

6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

He also did not have his 2 leading scorers tonight but still managed to pull out the win. Comeon man.

7. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

This. He leaves the starters in and everyone complains he let them play too long. Close call, but it was a learning experience. Technically we had 2 starters out there in smith and anderson lol.

8. cmellon

cmellon Member

Question of the day: If James Hard is playing today and we have the same big lead on the fourth quarter and the lead is fast dwindling, will McHale sit Harden the entire 4th too?

9. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

Trob can't finish around the rim

horrible

10. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Really could of used Garcia out there at the end but glad we could pull that W out with putting back in any of our starters except for anderson

11. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Nope.

12. muas2010

muas2010 Member

A few things:
    1. T Rob needs to work on his free throws...at least if he wants to keep attacking the rim.

2. Great numbers by Asik and Lin for playing less than 30 minutes. I was hoping for a career high assists for Lin and at 20/20 for Asik. But rest and a W was probably more important.

3. Delfino was sure bricking it from the 3 point line. However, he saved the day by making those free throws at the end.

13. OpportunityCost

The 2nd unit would've been alright if they would've stuck to running the off-the-ball screens the 1st unit was running in the 1st quarter, IMO. They regressed to one man trying to create while everyone stood around watching and it resulted in highly contested, last-second shots.

14. verysimplejason

When you've got a comfortable lead then suddenly it's down to 5 points, a 2 possession game, who wouldn't complain??? Unless you're not a Rockets fan. Real Rockets fan will always want the team to win. Do you think Maxwell and Hakeem will be benched if lead is down to 5 points??? Unless they are injured, you play them to keep the team stable. It's not all about the win but how you win it. There are times for learning but there are times when you need to absolutely win.

15. Calmwater

Calmwater Member

Lin almost lose us this Game and Asik for not playing well in the 4 quarter

:grin:;)

16. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

Thanks to Asik, Lin and Smith doing a great job tonight.

17. torocan

torocan Member

No, I would never criticize a coach who brings their starters back in when the lead dwindles to 10 points or less from a 15 or 20 point lead.

It's called LOCKING IN THE WIN.

And I certainly would have no problem with him bringing in the Starters when the score was 8 and then 5 points with a handful on minutes to play.

Yes, we snuck out with a win, but a basket by the Magic and it's a One Possession game with less than 2 minutes left. In other words, ANYTHING can Happen.

You don't gamble the freaking game when you're fighting for play off position with 9 games left in the season. And you certainly don't use it as some sort of laboratory to see if your 2nd and 3rd string players will wilt under the pressure after they've squandered the huge lead built by the Starters twice in the SAME game.

If you can't see how it is a completely reckless coaching decision to leave the Bench in at that point, then there's not much to say other than enjoy the Lottery.

18. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Member

Tell you what I do like about Bev.....he's lays it on the line while he is out there. There are no effort issues while he is on the floor. That's not true for several others. Me personally, give me anything but don't give me a quitter.

19. itachen

itachen Member

I was only following the box scores today and believe McH made the right choice keeping the bench in. They gained more experience this way and will not lose leads this easy in the future. On the other hand, if starters were brought in to save the day, confidence level for the bench would become worse.

20. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

He has a lot of work to do offensively, but he is a rebounding machine. Essentially rebounded at the same rate as asik tonight. I also think once he gets an understanding of how to play defense his quickness will eventually lead to him being a plus defender. He's young, got to give him some time.