1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

So McHale thinks our bench can overcome a 17 point deficit against Memphis' starters?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mig0s, Mar 29, 2013.

1. OTMax

OTMax Member

Glad he did it, finally :) this late in the year with all the talk of players saying they have learned from their mistakes, it's time to show it. The lack of play by the starters in the 1st is unacceptable. I like a coach who stays with what works, regardless if people like it or not.

2. hbomb

hbomb Member

I saw that, but thought maybe they were thinking:

"lol, look at our bench try"

But then again, how on earth can we read / get impressions over a 5 second segment, on a screen.

McHale has made some excellent choices and some terrible choices. This was a bad one. Simple as that.

I think we'll lose tomorrow unfortunately, unless our starting backcourt decides to actually show up this time.

3. kfmfe04

kfmfe04 Member

If sending a message to the starters results in demoralizing them or making them lose their confidence, then that's bad coaching.

4. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

When you're fighting for a playoff spot the only game that matters is the one you're playing. We don't have the luxury to say "it's fine, we'll just when the next one" every game matters right now and we really can't afford to play the entire 4th qtr without our best players.

5. gene18

gene18 Rookie

Demo and Parsons scored in the mid teens in the first three quarters. Why keep them off the court. They were playing hard.

6. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Nasty little post. . . . Tell us more about your experience playing bball with multi-million-dollar players.

You think players should get minutes according to how big their contract is? Were you paying attention to the T-Mac experience?

Did you know that Gilbert Arenas was the highest-paid player in the league last year? So you believe he should have played the most minutes in the league. Well, at least you have a coaching method that anyone can follow.

7. dookiester

dookiester Member

if we have players that are fragile enough that getting benched for playing poorly demoralizes them, then get rid of those players. some of you think we need to coddle these guys into a winning mentality. gtfo.

8. joesr

joesr Member

dont we have a game the next day as well? the starters losts that game, the bench almost got us back in. we have a game the next day. it adds up but I guess LOF's cant add

9. itachen

itachen Member

I know it's easy in our nature to categorize groups of people and assign stereotypes or blame, but where do you see only Lin fans complaining? Hey I am already used to his benching in 4th Q. At least McHale is being a bit more fair this time.

10. lola eskuala

lola eskuala Member

..and those who don't criticize McHale are genius freaks, that it? C'mon..:p:grin::grin:

11. manning

manning Member

Lets see what will happen tomorrow ...

Btw McHale's substitution patterns are really odd aswell, even when we were winning... Also we are a young team, but stop using that as an excuse to gloss over everything and to make yourselves feel better about losing.
    McHale needs to get more out of these guys and they have to step up as players also.

12. danielcp0303

danielcp0303 Member

The starters sure as hell weren't bringing us back

13. lola eskuala

lola eskuala Member

No more moves, eh? I was waiting for the checkmate;):grin:

14. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Um...our bench overcame a 12 point deficit, so....

15. Karolik

Karolik Member

Real Rocket Fans want McHale gone because of the loss.

LOF's want McHale gone because he benches Jeremy Lin, so now they finally have the opportunity to bash on McHale for "other reasons", but it is as clear as day to me what their true motives are.

16. mig0s

mig0s Member

please tell me how playing 7 minutes more will hurt them in tomorrow's performance. our starters only played approximatively 25 minutes. 7 more minutes in exchange of a chance to win the game, seems like a good deal to me.

oh and please dont call me a LOF. started following the rockets in 02 and joined before you. where do you see me even mention lin?

17. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

[​IMG]

Chance to win with starters? Pretty low
    Bench played better and with more energy.

18. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

This is a completely misguided thread. sorry.

Coach did the right thing.

Time to strap on the Big Boy pants starters. Especially Harden and Lin. Two pathetic efforts. Now get busy !

19. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

The starters play like ****, the bench brings you back. If it wasn't that type of game you could put the starters back in but all it does is send a bad message to the team then

He did the right thing.

20. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

Last night, only parsons showed up to play. The other 4 played like asss. The bench got them back so he stuck with them. Unfortunately the entire second unit was gassed getting it down by 9 or so. I wouldn't have minded if Chandler got back in. The rest, yeah they can sit. Harden was embarrassing himself out there being overly passive letting allen shut him down. The rest not even worth mentioning. Imho mchale made one mistake and that was keeping this one big for nothing that supposedly has some low post moves but played like a pansy and kept drifting out to the perimeter to shoot 3s stayed in too long. Fools gold Euroball showed up eurostep didnt so they got their butt stomped by a good ole nba team.