1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

The reason why Lin is not consistent

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tom84128, Mar 27, 2013.

1. tomato123

tomato123 Rookie

And Mc put him back last 5 minutes at garbage time just to show that Lin did play on the 4th quarter and he did not bench him. This coach was so awful.

2. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

McHale telling Morey, my team and I control them.

3. tomato123

tomato123 Rookie

4. gorockets2009

gorockets2009 Rookie

McFail has not guts, is too cheap to stand for himself. Just be the man, show them you can be the Coach of the Year, stick to your game plan. Start Bev next time. You never know, it could the the beginning of a new Rockets Dynasty. :grin:

5. tomato123

tomato123 Rookie

He did try his gambling but realized he lost his clips on last 5 minutes. If he wins last game, Bev proved to be a starter.

6. King1

King1 Contributing Member

LOF's are really sad. Worshipping a basketball player is beyond pathetic

1 person likes this.
  7. RoxOn RoxOff

RoxOn RoxOff Member

You're adding a ton of value to this discussion. Thanks.

8. syntax error

syntax error Contributing Member

Lin,s problem is that he doesnt understand that in this system he isnt the point guard. It is hardens job to create. His turnovers come from two primary sources. Firstly when he tries to hit 'home runs' and secondly from indecision, particularly when he picks up his dribble and tries to get rid of the ball.

In this system the role of the point guard is that of a shooting guard. Protect the ball and score.

Therefore, the less he looks to create for others the fewer turnovers he will commit. He will also score more points. Better to throw up a bad shot than make a bad pass.

9. nchan

nchan Member

Was Lin consistence when he played for the Knicks? I've never watched his Knicks games. Last year, my brother just couldn't stop talking about him. I first watched him played in Dec., and thought," wow he sucked."

10. tomato123

tomato123 Rookie

You got the main point. But why would a coach want to take Point Guard job out of the Point Guard and give it to the Shooting Guard? Lin did a lot better when he's in control and Harden did not lack of points when Lin in control. Especially we are close to playoff. Coach is not getting Max out of a player but put him in a area that he sucks? Evil!

11. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

No, because he had a coach that loved/trusted him, he had no stars to defer to, Tyson Chandler to finish everything for him, Shumpert to play defense for him, and Novak to hit 3s for him.

In Houston McHale hates him, Harden steals his pg role, and Asik has can't finish Lin's perfect passes cuz he has stone hands.

12. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

During the initial stretch he put up consistent numbers.

Once Melo and Amar'e came back he became erratic. He doesn't know when to attack and when to defer when he plays with better players.

13. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Ops I mean yes, he was consistent for the Knicks.

14. gorockets2009

gorockets2009 Rookie

Man, you are a spot on. That's what I have to agree with you. If Jeremy understand this, most of his problem will be gone. He really should have that mind set, just do it, if you don't like it, just bench me.

15. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

Depends on your idea of consistency. Consistent in the numbers at the end of the game? Yeah - he averaged pretty significant numbers in every game he played. His game tapered off towards the end, when Melo and Amare came back, but they were still decent starter numbers.

But even in his Linsanity week games, he'd have no turnovers in the first half, then in the 3rd quarter there'd be 3-4 turnovers in a row. And then, of course, Lin would come back in the 4th and all was well.

But he still showed alarming signs of inconsistency on a quarter-by-quarter basis. He might just be a player that really plays off rhythm and emotion. Shoot 1 bad shot and he's done for the quarter.

16. syntax error

syntax error Contributing Member

The reason doesn't matter because it is what it is and only McHale can change that. If lin is struggling then it is on him because the role that McHale needs from him is simply to protect the ball and score buckets.

Beverley isn't playing over lin because he has greater court vision. He turns the ball over less and can score quickly and in bunches.

Also by not focusing on creating lin can conserve energy for defense.

17. gorockets2009

gorockets2009 Rookie

If Lin does take your advise, it's not good for the team. Everyone just try to score for themselves, forget about the team. Only me,me.

18. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Just calling it like it is.

19. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

He was recovering his knee noob

20. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

We all know yer drink. Haterade