1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Pacers @ Rockets 3/27/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 26, 2013.

1. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

THat's an exaggeration. 4 years are guaranteed and in the books. The incentive is for the 5th year which is 50% guaranteed anyway. Let's not act like if this team has a disappointing season he loses half his pay or something.

And that's hardly holding him accountable. YOU think he cares if he doesnt get that 5th year guarantee? He'd still be in his prime then and just go to another team that'll pay him.

That's like you going to the most successful guy in your company and saying "if you dont do awesome 4 years from now, we might just withhold some pay in year 5" ...i'm sure he'll really feel the pressure...

2. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

With the starting frontcourt being relentlessly abused and Jeremy playing like HOT ASS, it's no surprise they lost.
    I think it's time to start Robinson. And maybe even Saint Patrick. I know it's only been 2 games that Jeremy's been playing like garbage, but damn Jeremy.
    One minute you think 'here comes Linsanity 2.0!!', next minute he can't even dribble a ball, for pete's sake!
    Being a LOF is emotionally and psychologically draining. :( #BeWell my fellow LOFs.

Anywho on the next one.:p

3. nyc

nyc Member

I want a game thread where each user can only get 3 posts. That way they have to choose their content wisely and this flaming dies out quick.

Then another thread for the usual b**** and moan and LOH/LOF nonsense.

One for productive game talk. One for the peanut gallery.

What do you guys think?

4. gorockets815

gorockets815 New Member

Maby that's because there is no ASTs from Beverly...just maybe.

5. lola eskuala

lola eskuala Member

You hate Lin's fans because of one person?? Wow..Seriously...get a ****ing life:mad::mad::mad:

6. muas2010

muas2010 Member

True. NBA and MLB contracts aren't like NFL contracts. Bynum is all smiles this season without ever stepping foot on the court.:grin:

7. tvd

tvd Member

Agreed. Let's ship Harden too for Kobe or Lebron.:grin:

8. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

You scaring me Lucky o_O That's 2 straight games you criticized Lin!

9. denali_wjl

denali_wjl Member

Most guys here will never stand up and demand benching Harden when he is going 2/14 or something.

I mean as a basketball fan, you need to have some objectivity, and what is good for the team and for the player as well.

Not McHale either. It is Harden's first season to carry a team, don't act like he is Lebron James in the prime, apply some accountability for crying out loud.

Otherwise, it's bad for the team chemistry, and bad for Harden himself as well.

10. otisthorpe3

otisthorpe3 Member

In the first quarter, Lin had three straight turnovers leading to 6 easy points for the Pacers.

11. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Right on...even Kobe got benched this season for playing poorly..so I'm in agreement with you.

12. The Rocket

The Rocket Member

Look, this is the first loss of the season that i am ok with...

we had no chance to win....they outplayed us....they controlled the boards and they are the better team..athletic at all positions....

we were lucky to lose by 9....

Indiana is the toughest team in the League...

13. tvd

tvd Member

:grin: beverly dribbles down the court and passes to HARDEN. No turnovers.:grin:

1 person likes this.
  14. kozmo

kozmo Member

Lin played ok, has 2 bad minutes....wow so lets go with the guy who recently went like 5 games with out a score....

It's willy...I think we should trade harden n the off season...bench harden now and then let him go for maybe Carmelo?

1 person likes this.
  15. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Yes.

Ideally no, but the game was not ideal: we were losing the whole way. Who would I have replaced him with? There was no one I would have replaced him with.

16. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

You're seriously the only guy wanting to trade someone. Show me all the posts that include a "trade Lin" message.

17. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

Sorry , it's illogical. you overplay our star , u are exposing him to injury.

18. tvd

tvd Member

not me:p

19. nyc

nyc Member

Can we trade kozmo? For a potato?

20. muas2010

muas2010 Member

I'm okay with it if it was in the beginning or middle of the season. This means that the starters can't handle tough games or coaches are still clueless...or a combination of both. This is not a good recipe with just a few games left. This is a stretch where you bring your best game every night......