1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Pacers @ Rockets 3/27/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

Rockets trying to play halfcourt . Good luck:p

2. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

Harden basically pulled a bad version of Kobe tonight.

Chucking up 24 shots and hitting only 6, trying to do it all by himself going 1 on 5 multiple times as well as taking contested step-back 3's instead of passing to teammates.

3. nyc

nyc Member

I'm sure he is, but not publicly.

I agree with people who think that Lin's leash is too short. But there's no way that a superstar gets a leash that short, b/c their potential per minute, how ever you define potential (pts, asts, game impact), is much higher.

You have more to lose if you are wrong on benching Harden then you do on Lin. Take this to the extreme -- if MJ had an off night would you bench him next game? Definitely not.

If Lin reaches superstar status, he will get the benefit of the doubt too. For now he has to live with McHale's short leash.

1 person likes this.
  4. gorockets2009

gorockets2009 Rookie

win a championship???? Thanks, great to know that.:grin:

5. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

yea and when teams don't win the stars shoulder the blame. It was LeBron fault for the longest time. In NY, it's Melo's fault. YOu dont blame the role players or the 5 million dollar sidekick, you hold the star responsible.

6. nickg

nickg Member

+/- in general is not too great of a stat, especially when you're comparing bench players to starters .

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Turnovers, mistakes blah blah blah

Beverley: It's okay if you make mistakes!
    Lin: First mistake or turnover? Go sit your ass on the bench for a good while!

"The coaching staff just wanted me to be aggressive, telling me it's OK to make mistakes, just play my game within the system."

"We all talked to him," McHale said. "Guys were very frank with him and said you have to play a certain style, and he did. He plays his style, which is aggressive and all over the place. If you make a mistake, so be it."

Do what raskol(?) said. Make Beverley the starter, Lin off the bench, then maybe Jeremy can "play his style [and] if you make a mistake, so be it." Nope, still would probably find himself on the bench.

8. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

[​IMG]

I am just wondering why we played to their pace? rockets suck at halfcout games

9. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

Boxscores are deceiving. You have to watch the actual game and see what players were around him ... and who was defending. Hint: It wasn't the same guys that Beverly was going up against.

10. nickg

nickg Member

Pretty sure its been pointed out a few times before that thebest defensive lineup for the rockets includes asik and Lin btw.

11. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Hansbrough outworks pretty much everyone. if he had talent on top of it, he'd be a star. sadly, other than pure effort, everything else he brings is below average.

12. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

Lin is basically at a Mike Conley level right now. I don't see Conley getting benched entire quarters for mistakes while his backup plays more minutes than him. Hell, Raymond Felton is playing much worse than Lin and he consistently gets his minutes and for a while was chucking up 20+ shots per game.

Lin is currently being treated like he's an interchangeable scrub.

13. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Because the Pacers have the best defense in the league according to Bill Worrell?

14. lfw

lfw Rookie

I agree with this but he's young and has to learn too. It's already impressive how he's handled the transition from being the 6th man though.

15. Aleron

Aleron Member

say what? bird was an awesome coach (he had nearly 70% winning record). He just didn't really like coaching.

16. wincan459

wincan459 Member

Well, NBA is a player's league, and players have real asset(numbers) to judge at.

How many of us can say that we can play in the NBA? I guess none.

How many of us can say that we can coach a NBA team? It seems a lot.

You can quite accuratey judge a player with his numbers, how can you judge a coach? If the team played bad, it is the coach's faults. If the coach doesn't like it, there are so many waiting at the door to take his job.

No to mention the coach makes game plan, manages rotation, preparation, etc. Not to mention the coach hold vast more power than a player in a game. Not to mention a player has to make decisions and plays in a split second.

17. DBRox

DBRox Member

Harden is... I guess you haven't read his contract terms.

18. lola eskuala

lola eskuala Member

and worse still..people b****ing about people b****ing..:grin::grin::p:p

19. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Agreed. I look at Hill's 5 assists and 2 points in 38 minutes I just sort of shake my head.

20. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

maybe we got to see more of lin/BEV ........ BEV/Harden , just get BEV to play harden like minutes. hahaha and D all the way.