1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why don't we post up Dmo?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LBJ-Tmac, Mar 24, 2013.

1. LBJ-Tmac

LBJ-Tmac Member

Why don't we give him a few more post up chances in our half court set, especially when the offense stalls.

I know he hasn't got a strong base but his shown great hook shot ability. Should give him a few looks when our drive and kick offense is not working for more variety.

2. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

I agree, he can really score down on that low block. I'm sure McHale will figure it all out by the playoffs.

1 person likes this.
  3. nicolas

nicolas Member

I've been wondering the same thing
    Because the few time he gets the ball down low 90% of the time he gets a very good shot with his footwork and his ability to finish with both hands or draw a foul. It's amazing how good he his ! Nearly as good looking as Scola with his back to the backet

Maybe we wait until the playoffs to unleash him ?

Maybe it doesn't fit with the offense principles (spacing the floor) ?

4. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

We need a consistent identity with a young team and Motie isn't the guy worth changing it up for, especially 15 games until the playoffs. He gets his post up opportunities in transition before the opposing team's defense is set, that's about it. Maybe next season when we get a star big man we'll incorporate some post plays, and Motie can be on the receiving end of some of them.

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Why don't we bench DMo? Better off with Delfino.

6. KillScarz

KillScarz Member

This.
    D-Mo just got into the starting line up, the Rockets are a +500 team. We are already inconsistent, would you change anything that can ruin it?
    He's not even a key player of this team yet, but hopefully soon he will.. I love his willingness to WANT to play in the post

7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I suggest you should read KillScarz's post. You might learn something from it.

8. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

Can't get D-Mo any post ups, he has to pass pass pass, don't want the ball to get STICKY

9. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Because it has not been worked into the offensive system yet? Takes practices.

10. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Because in their offensive sets, the 4 man is either spacing on the corners, or is setting the screen on the high pick and roll. McHale's not going to drastically change the offense at this stage of the game. Maybe next year they will start running some plays through him in the post... at this point in the season, no way.

11. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I agree. I think McHale really wanted to play D-Mo as our backup center at the beginning of the year, but D-Mo just can't handle the pounding down low. I also think that D-Mo might be performing much better in practice than he is in real games at this point. If he can just start knocking down some of his shots and stop fouling so much, then everything will be fine.

12. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Let it go, man.

You're too good of a poster to let this DMo/PPat schtick move you into ignore list fodder. If you can't see that DMo and Robinson each have the potential to exceed what PPat was giving us, you lack the basketball acumen you normally display.

Just let it go, and get on the playoff bus.

13. vator

vator Contributing Member

I've been wondering this too. I think getting some looks in the post will also give him the confidence he needs to start nailing those open 3 pointers at a respectable clip.

14. Carl Herrera

I am just saying that Delfino is clearly the best PF on the roster. The coaches seem to think so, too, since he's playing more important minutes than either of the two rookies.

15. CXbby

CXbby Member

Just like when he was closing games and small ball was our best lineup when Patterson and Morris were still here.

16. rocketjunkie

rocketjunkie Member

Because its better to start Dmo and see if he is on. If he's off you can switch to Delfino. He also helps stabilize the bench while Dmo would not - it's safer having the rookie surrounded with your other starters. Delfino is obviously closing games a lot.

17. rocketjunkie

rocketjunkie Member

Was actually trying to reply to CH's comment. Sorry.

18. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

I think Delfino at the 4 is circumstantial. Remember the Washington game?

Do we really need a consistent starting 4? Why not change it up every game depending on the match up?

#18 tallanvor, Mar 24, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2013
  19. Carl Herrera

What does foreskin have to do with this?

20. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

I don't mind Delfino playing some minutes at the 4 but I think we should play Dmo and Trob more.

Speaking of Trob the need to tell him to stop shooting from outside and just get garbage/hustle baskets for now. I would think the coaches would be all over his ass for the stupid plays on offense tonight, maybe that's why he never came back in the game.