1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kenneth Faried's ceiling ?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Swishh, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Swishh

Swishh Member

What do you think Kenneth Faried's ceiling is? Prior to the all star break, some people thought he had a chance to make the team as a Reserve. I think he's their most consistent player, and for sure one of their top 3 players. But what do you think his ceiling is?

I think he'll definitely be an all star in the future, but could he become a superstar maybe 5-7 years from now? Averaging 20&10 doesn't seem far-fetched for him in the future.

2. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

I highly doubt superstar, but definitely an all star caliber player.

3. VBG

VBG Member

Superstar seems tough. You most def don't want him to be the best player on hte team.

4. basketballholic

He's not a superstar and never will be but he's a potential hall-of-famer if he stays healthy.

5. ooox

ooox Member

Slightly better Kenyon Martin (Nets).

6. Swishh

Swishh Member

i think most, if not all, hall of famers were once considered superstars..

7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Find me one Hall of Famer who WASN'T considered a superstar at some point in his career dude....

8. ceonwuka

ceonwuka Member

James Worthy
    Dennis Rodman
    Dennis Johnson

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

All 3 of those could be argued...but yeah I suppose those are good examples.

10. kuku

kuku Member

Nuggets top three players are Lawson, Gallo, and Iguodala.

Superstar? No way. He is a one dimensional with exceptional skills at rebouding. He is probably #4 or 5 option when he is on the floor. You can't score 20 ppg when you dont have offensive skills other than dunks and run the floor.

11. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Frankly, I think slightly better than he is this year. Which, is not a knock. He is a great guy to have on your team! But, I don't think he improves dramatically throughout his career.

12. ooox

ooox Member

You serious dude? There's a BUNCH of players who are in the Hall of Fame who were never considered superstars.

Bill Bradley
    Dennis Rodman
    Calvin Murphy
    James Worthy
    K.C. Jones <---- Bonfied scrub.

13. blunto

blunto Member

Those are good. Don't think I would consider either of these "superstars" either.

Robert Parish
    Joe Dumars

All-stars, winners, but not superstars, if anything because of the backseat they took to the true superstars they teamed with.

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

Po' man's Thomas Robinson

15. Sleepy Flloyd

Sleepy Flloyd Member

I agree, George Karl on of da best coaches in history, an faried benefit from his uptempo system because he so damb athletic but he aint really got much skill beside that

16. delishman

delishman Member

Went to his house once, vaulted.

17. basketballholic

You got it. Good to know that some posters can tell the difference between a hall of famer and a superstar.

To the poster that says Faried is just an elite rebounder, you're not watching close enough. He is an elite defender as well. When teams play against Faried they really should find a ketchup where he is forced to defend a great 3-point shooter and then park that shooter on the far wing and run the whole offense on the other side. Don't bring anybody near him and give him the chance to switch off and get involved. That's how good he is now defensively in his sophomore season.

Faried has a great chance to have a better career than Dennis Rudman because he's not an idiot off the court nor a disruption in the locker room. Hopefully he stays that way.

If Faried were on this team playing 30 rotation minutes a game we would be #3 in the west right now.

18. T-macsterful1

T-macsterful1 Member

when the game slows down he can't get the ball in the post and score for you. He succeeds in a fast paced system. He is perfect for Denver right now but I don't think he would do as well on teams that slow the pace down.

19. Swishh

Swishh Member

I agree with that. Speaking of which, what do you guys think is stopping the Nuggets from becoming a contender? For example, if Nuggets somehow were the ones that got Harden, I think they would be the best team in the West.

20. Swishh

Swishh Member

disagree, i think Faried is better than Gallo. just my opinion though...