1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Utah Jazz

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Air Langhi, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I am not a huge fan of the team, but the heck are they doing. They have two young players ready to beast, but they seem to want to stick with big al and Milsap. They probably aren't going to resign those guys so what are they doing? They should have traded them. They could have got something for them. Kanter looks real good when he plays, but they never play him.

2. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

They probably couldn't get anything meaningful, would be my guess.

3. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Mediocres gonna mediocre. That team needs an overhaul.

4. arjun

arjun Member

its a disgusting team right now...disgusting.

in a similar position to where the rockets were last year..only difference is we had many more assets and trade chips.

they need to let big men walk, have a couple bad years..build through the draft and around favors/hayward.

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Not trading Al and Milsap before the deadline was the most idiotic thing they could have done. They will now lose the players for nothing and they block Favors and Kanter. If I'm those two especially Favors I don't resign with the team.

6. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

No one is giving them anything for Milsap or Al Jefferson, bc neither player is that much on an impact that would instantly change around the fortune of the other team.

ie. The Lakers:already have a bloated contract of Gasol, but cant/wont be able to get rid of it
    The Rockets: The assets the Rockets have are much more valuable than a trade deadline deal with Utah. They arent winning the title this year, so might as well wait till they get on the open market.

Im sure there are other examples, ie San Antonio, but people either dont have the space, out of contention, or too tied up financially to acquire a mid level player.. The Jazz were only going to give them away for free...So might as well just play them, and use them to the max...and let Favors and Kanter pick up the slack next season. They were just kinda screwed...

7. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Hayward-Favors-Kanter is a promising core. If you add Bledsoe to that, its pretty dangerous.

8. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

I disagree. They have Favors, Kanter, a first round pick of their own, and the first round pick from golden state.

9. teebone21

teebone21 Member

why trade Jefferson and milsap just to take on more salary? let them expire and keep cap for 2014

10. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Favors is a stud, Hayward is probably a Chandler Parsons like player...Kanter is so so...Bledsoe is a avg pg with below avg scoring skills...

Sure they may be able to rebound, but who there is consistently going to give you 20 and 10??? Maybe Favors?? maybe...

11. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

The perfect situation for the fan base in question.

12. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

they don't have fewer assets, imo. They have a bunch of building blocks with good trade value, some picks and even Jefferson/Millsap might still land something via sign and trades.

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Uh so they can get draft picks maybe? So the young players they have can play more minutes and develop?

What FA would sign there? Why do they need so room?

14. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I really like Al Jefferson.

The dude can play at a high level, and I don't think he's giving it his maximum in games. I think he is tired of playing in Utah and not being the consistent go-to guy.

Once he is in a better situation, I would bet he will finally become a top 5 pf.

It would be nice for Morey to snag him at a decent price and allow TRob to develop as a backup.

Besides PatPat, we haven't had a starting power forward with a consistent jumper since Luis.

Dmo is an average shooter at best.

15. CCorn

CCorn Member

lolz to them

16. TheShooter

TheShooter Member

They know they ain't re-sigining them this offseason. I guess at the time of the trade deadline, they tought that they were in a good position to make the playoffs, so they didn't want to blow up the team right now and make a last push for a playoff run, even if it's a 1st round exit, probably because of the incomes generated by playoffs home games. The FO probably didn't think that the team would collaps, but they are still not out of the playoff race.

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

He's 28, if he hasn't become a top 5 PF now there is little chance he'll become one now. He is who he is at this age and he also plays terrible defense.

Maybe because of his age and the fact that he's just a solid player means he can be had for a decent price.

18. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

to be fair, we really don't know if they got offered meaningful picks. Lets say Morey likes Millsap or Jefferson, why would he offer good picks to Utah when he can just wait? You'd have to find a team that (1) won't have cap space this summer, (2) has a big expiring, (3) good enough picks, and (4) they have to be willing to overpay to keep that guy because they'd be putting themselves into a Nets / Gerald Wallace and Pacers / George Hill type of situation.

If they can't get anything good, they can just wait and let them expire in a couple months. Then they might be able to sign and trade. OR maybe there aren't enough suitors and they can keep one of the guys on the cheap and trade him later.

19. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

You're right. I thought he was younger. Thought he was drafted out of HS...

Either way, I think he is a much better player than what he's showing in Utah. I think it's an identity crisis out there in Salt Lake City. Not that I mind...:grin:

20. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Their coach is an idiot.

Anyways....

[​IMG]