1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets to go after Josh Smith/Millsap next year

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Mar 15, 2013.

1. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

NOOO!!!! Asik should be untradeable. Good centers are hard to come by. Rondo is good, but no thanks.

2. basketballholic

Yeah, untradeable unless you get an upgrade.

3. rocketjunkie

rocketjunkie Member

I like rondo too but man is he a bad shooter. If people thought Lin was bad (and he's clearly improving at a young age while rondo clearly has plateaued on the shooting front.

4. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

But yet you keep coming back to the thread checking for news :rolleyes:

5. basketballholic

Totally agree. But Rondo is one of the top 3 playmakers in the NBA right up there with Lebron. Can you imagine him playing with a bunch of youngsters in a racy run and gun style. Can you imagine him getting the ball to Dwight at the lip in one of a thousand different ways. Can you imagine Dwight and Rondo in the pick and roll. Can you imagine Rondo attacking with Harden weak side?

I've had a lot of questions about Rondo, especially since Boston somehow got better after his injury. It was painfully obvious to me that he was running around collecting defenders and then throwing it to guys for jump shots. However, look who he is throwing it to. They don't have a pick and roll threat. KG is their best shooter. And he spots up from 17 feet. Everybody else is mediocre at best on the spot up jumper. So, it just makes sense that with him gone, all of a sudden they are dribble-driving from multiple angles and Pierce is dishing from the elbow.

I still think he's a legit top 5 pg. The question isn't if he is better than Lin. The question would be is he and the guy we get to replace Asik in the middle better than the Lin/Asik combo? I don't know that answer. I don't know who would replace Asik if we moved him and Lin for Rondo.

6. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

IMHO 1 - Rondo would be a disaster pairing with Mr Beard.
    IMHO 2 - Rondo will be traded. Utah. Al Jefferson going to C's.

7. pnr

pnr Member

He just tore his acl and hes not young either. Plus boston is a better team without him dominating the ball, and being ball dominant is how he has to play in order to be successful. Thats not a complementary pg to harden. An ideal pg next to harden would be an off ball player whos a very good defender and has a 3 point shot, but who also has playmaking ability. Those dont really grow on trees though.

8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Jefferson full circle, ay?

9. DBRox

DBRox Contributing Member

Dang, if that happens... I won't be able to like Rondo anymore

10. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

This is by far one of the better threads at CF.

Cyberx, please keep posting the juicy stuff around the league and about our beloved Rockets.

It's really up to us to decipher all the information whether to believe it or not. To people who think it's a bunch of bs, just treat it like a tabloid mag when you are at the market.

Dissappointed or a non-believer at what you read? Just don't click on this thread!

11. basketballholic

Al not nearly enough value for Boston. They don't like Al that well. They'd probably take Al if they could clear Bass...for about the same money that Bass makes.

12. cyberx

cyberx Member

True story there. They want more Jeff Green. They are going to build around him.

13. basketballholic

Sorry, just saw this. Yeah, just joking of course. Shouldn't have done that. But you controlled yourself well. I will try to do likewise.

We discussed contract modifications, Bima. And I did get clarification on what can be done there from 2 outside sources, one being Coon, can't discuss the other one. I was addressing a different player but the abiliity to modify applies to Parsons as well. I won't say anymore. Don't need to be credited with anything either. I just know we can make him RFA and re-sign him. And I think we have more than one option on that as well, either later on this year or next year. But I'll leave the details to you.

14. sabonis

sabonis Contributing Member

PLEASE NO JOSH SMITH (is there something I'm missing?)

GETTING MILLSAP WOULD BE AMAZING

rep me

1 person likes this.
  15. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

Thanks cyberx! This is an awesome thread. Any word on the team dynamics recently? It seemed as if Harden was upset recently at parsons, Lin or vice versa in terms if hat they are tryin to accomplish.

16. cyberx

cyberx Member

Harden is getting worn out guys. He is carrying this team and he has played through various injuries. He feels too much pressure to be able to take a came off here or there.

This team needs to get deeper, no question.

17. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

That's my reasoned guess, yes.

18. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Rondo may play jazzed but I'd hate to see him as a Jazz, but it's a realistic possibility.

19. cyberx

cyberx Member

Great on offense, but a defensive liability. Rockets won't give him the money HE wants.

20. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

They would like to clear Bass out, but they want Jeff back and will pay dearly to do so.