1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

who will we face in the first round of the playoffs?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Ozzy, Mar 16, 2013.

?

who do you want us to face in the playoffs?

1. San Antonio

6 vote(s)
    5.3%
  2. Oklahoma City

15 vote(s)
    13.3%
  3. Memphis

69 vote(s)
    61.1%
  4. Los Angeles Clippers

15 vote(s)
    13.3%
  5. Denver

8 vote(s)
    7.1%
  1. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Do you remember last year?...

2. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

We will find out when we meet the Clippers again at home on 3/30.

3. nbalopez23

nbalopez23 Member

Did we have an All Star named Harden last year? Or a superstar in the previous years after TMac & Yao?

4. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Again with this. Our next seven games include GS, Utah, Cle, SA, LAC, Mem, and Indiana. Besides Cleveland those are all difficult match-ups. Utah could have turned their season around last night by beating Memphis, plus I feel like their big men are going to dominate ours when we play. We could be tied for eighth after these games or worse.
    Let's just try and make the playoffs

5. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

Clippers, and I'll see ya when we go up 2-0 leaving Staples Center. I was there last time we were on the road with a first year "older slacking star" in Dallas as we ran out the building thinking sweep. Funny how times change. Now here I am 8 years later in a potential situation to see them again in now my new home. C'mon PLAYOFFS! Although I don't care who we play in the first, and it might be SA, or OKC. Whoever it is we will do well!

I feel Clippers for some odd reason. I fully expect whoever we play for James Harden to completely destroy teams on the road. At home same thing. SWEEPS!

I'll be at at least one game if we get to play the Clip show in the first. We are getting to the playoffs, and past the first ROUND in JAMES HARDEN's first season on this the youngest, highest scoring team in the L, with Parsons being the oldest member of the Rockets prior to AB.

I expect a great 3 guard lineup to match up with any PG we face because AB has done it before. Therefore, I believe he can step in 15 mins. plus & do the same. Lin needs to step it UP in the playoffs.

As much as we gave up losing PP; Asik is doing so well this season, that it kind of cancels PP out because we have Delfino (who fits that 3 point shot much better, and DMo has played very very well). So the trade actually brought us more depth than we thought. TRob can rebound, while DMo is more skilled at this point. DMO has been unleashed just in time! Whoever we play they do NOT WANT TO FACE THE ROCKETS!!

6. hocash

hocash Contributing Member

Don't like the Clippers matchup. We struggle with very athletic backcourt defenders and the Clippers have them in spades. Might be ok since their coach blows but I'd hate having Chris Paul eating up Linsanity every game.
    Give me Memphis or Oklahoma City. Preferably Memphis.

7. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

Quickly forgot. Along with most of the Dragic lovers, as well. I loved Dragic, but he was not that good once Camby one armed man went down for the first 3 or 4 losses, and Dragic was all of a sudden picking up his dribble in the paint with no where to go. He did not play well.

This year.........We have James Harden, and Chandler "Bang" (Larry Bird Lite) Parsons, along with Lin, and a good backup that PLAYS DEFENSE!!

8. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

I agree. Lin will be a weakness, but don't you like that at least we have PB, and AB now? That will help a TON I think with certain match-ups like the one you mentioned. We could wear him down if PB plays smart, and AB could give us just a little of that speed that Lin struggles with. Lin does gamble & get those steals though.

9. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

Man Denver is playing really well. I wouldn't want to face the Nuggets, and they could end up as a top 3 seed if things go their way.

10. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

Haha :) great comment man!

11. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

After that 1st half, what have we learned about starting these threads?

12. robrhodes

robrhodes Member

and with the 14th pick the Houston Rockets select..

13. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Well, our chances of making the playoffs are always harmed in the late part of the season due to our head coach, but I am banking on the Spurs.

14. thejav

thejav Member

The 14th pick...

15. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

If the Rockets keep playing the way they have been lately, they will be face their television in the first round of the playoffs.

16. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

What a zinger :cool: