1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Timberwolves @ Rockets 3/15/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 14, 2013.

1. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Rubio flops like that in all their games. Is that news for a lot of you?

2. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

I seriously do not want to start anything and I'm not on the conspiracy wagon of McHale picking on Lin but this quote, does anybody think Lin did an extra piss poor job over everbody else in the 1st half? I think he was just mad at the way he turned it over, the last one being where he passed it to them (long pass or was just so out of bounds / intercepted easily, cannot remember)..

3. jeddah

jeddah Member

LOL at Coach " Jeremy did a really poor first half "...maybe Coach meant " 2nd half of 2nd Quarter "....he was just confused...lol...or maybe he forgot to mention "offensively"...Jlin's offense was really poor but his defense were great...

4. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

Stasistically DLee is on the negative side on defense, Bogut used to be a great defender but he is just a shell of the past.

Warriors is a different team after their beatdown at TC. Maybe MJax strategy scarred them psychologically that night. I browsed their board and found this comment after another blowout loss last night:

Houston took our soul

They raped us in Houston, then they came to Oracle and raped us again after we talked crap to them. We've never been near the same since. That Bogut tweet was just an epic failure.

5. redearth

redearth Contributing Member

No, I'm definitely no genius, as you've correctly observed.

I was only posting game updates every few minutes for the benefit of those who were following the game thread without having a live feed to watch. I've found that when I'm not able to watch a game live, reading through the game thread afterwards give me a sense of the game momentum, and having the updates gives it a little more context.

6. andersongo

andersongo Member

Try again.....
    [​IMG]

7. warbirdzone

warbirdzone Contributing Member

Lin was shooting okay in the first half (3-6) and playing good D, but he also got 3 TO in the first half, one of them was really really dumb pass right to a Timberwolves player leading to points the other way if I remember correctly. I was shaking my head and really mad with that play too. He play very well in the second half which McHale also mentioned more than once. But TO was the main reason we were down by so many points in the first half. Although it's not just Lin, but I understand why McHale was so mad at that play. :)

8. DBRox

DBRox Contributing Member

I don't see the context of the whole quote you just chopped a snippet. He could have been answering a question that mentioned Jeremy. Either way... yes, they all did bad but Jeremy runs the offense and plays so a lot falls on him as a PG... that's the responsibility that comes with being a PG.

9. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

That was a cool game to go to. Got there around halftime when they were down 18. When they were making the comeback there was definitely an energy in the crowd. Special stuff brewing in the TC. Now like people seated around me said, get them on damn tv!

10. rokit

rokit Member

that was harden, not lin

11. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Greg Smith

12. Foxbur

Foxbur Member

[​IMG]

Made this yesterday night. Tributes to yesterday's Win. Go Rockets!

13. bmyuen

bmyuen Member

Oh, you caught me! I went back few pages after replied your post and realised that I made a mistake. Sorry bro, didn't mean to annoy you.

This is a huge win for Houston, I love this young rockets very much!!!!!!
    Hope they can grab another W from the GSW:grin::grin::grin:

14. gorockets2009

gorockets2009 Rookie

Mchale is clueless. Why not talk about Harden's poor performance in the first half? He was blocked, trapped, missed 3 pointers, turnover all over those places, easy baskets for the wolves. One of the reasons why they were in that big hole.

15. SPBR

SPBR Member

Sometimes you sit through what you think will be a turd of a game, then you get pleasantly surprised and rewarded with a win. I think by around mid 3rd quarter you could sense something changed and that the feeling was "we got this." I hope this game gives the players confidence that if they play some defense, they could do great things. It was a great 2nd half, almost as good as the 1st half of the 140 blowout over GSW.

Comeback wins like this probably create more fans with how they engage the crowd than the blowout wins where fans are mostly passive. I like how Harden signaled the crowd to get going at one point during the game and the crowd responded! The fans are slowly coming around.

16. sophiaaa19

sophiaaa19 Member

YESS I in finally found it. HOW DAT ASS TASTE PARSONS? LOL

[​IMG]

Credit: Jaypride on tumblr

17. Foxbur

Foxbur Member

[​IMG]

More photoshop fun for yesterday's win!

18. Foxbur

Foxbur Member

19. RocketFan