1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fade's Keeper Fantasy Baseball 2013

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by fadeaway, Feb 26, 2013.

1. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

http://www.fantasybaseballsite.com/baseball/clutchcity/

It's almost that time. Who plans on coming back this year?

It has been a few years now since we have become a keeper league. How does everyone feel about our keeper rules? Is everyone enjoying it?

Site renewal will be about $6 per team. Unfortunately, we are already one team down going into this season.

chrisjent
    Rocketball
    SamCassell
    SmeggySmeg
    PhiSlammaJamma
    Flash21
    fadeaway
    CometsWin

#1 fadeaway, Feb 26, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  2. Rocketball

Rocketball Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am in. As for the keeper system, I love it - heck I wish it was bigger as it is getting harder to decide who to keep. All in all, love the format. Looking forward to the season.

3. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Also in and agree the keeper format is great. Even with my short stint as a team manager I enjoy the format and also have learned a lot more about baseball and it's players... I'm really a novice at fantasy baseball and it's players, can you tell?!?!

I know someone that's interested in owning one of the teams. If you guys think there may be collusion before anything I want to say he's my boss at work and would love more than anything to crush me in fantasy sports.

So it's up to you guys if you want to give first dibs to a Clutchfaner or him. Whatever, is good with me.

4. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

I'm in. Love the keepers. Should have more of them.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

Me be in. Keepers good.

6. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Hey fadeaway, did you run a league last year where you draft teams instead of players? Thinking of doing the same thing this year?

7. fadeaway

Yep, will be doing that again for sure. Will post a thread sometime soon.

8. chrisjent

chrisjent Member

9. fadeaway

To refresh your memories, keeper slots are as follows:

Keeper Format:

Slot A (indefinite)
    Slot B (4 max)
    Slot C (4 max)
    Slot D (3 max)
    Slot E (3 max)
    Slot F (2 max)
    Slot G (2 max)

Keeper numbers for each player roll over as soon as the draft starts. Therefore, each player's keeper number must be below the listed max number going into the draft.

The situation for each team is as follows. Any players currently on a team's roster that are not listed below can be said to have a keeper value of zero at this point.

chrisjent: Miguel Cabrera-4, Alex Rodriguez-4, Nelson Cruz-2, Dan Haren-2, Madison Bumgarner-1, Brandon Phillips-1, Aramis Ramirez-1
    FLASH21: Albert Pujols-4, Roy Halladay-4, CJ Wilson-1, Jon Papelbon-1, Jhonny Peralta-1, Alex Avila-1, Michael Young-1
    PhiSlammaJamma: Clayton Kershaw-4, Tim Lincecum-4, Daniel Hudson-2, Chase Utley-2, Stephen Strasburg-1, David Price-1, Hunter Pence-1
    fadeaway: Troy Tulowitzki-4, Joey Votto-2, Josh Hamilton-2, Andrew McCutcheon-1, Prince Fielder-1, Matt Kemp-1, Yovani Gallardo-1
    Rook: Evan Longoria-4, Hanley Ramirez-4, Justin Upton-4, Ryan Braun-1, Giancario Stanton-1, Zack Greinke-1, Brett Lawrie-1
    SmeggySmeg: Dustin Pedroia-4, Cliff Lee-4, Cole Hamels-4, Carlos Gonzalez-2, Justin Verlander-2, John Axford-1, Carlos Santana-1
    SamCassell: Jon Lester-4, Adrian Gonzalez-2, Robinson Cano-2, Jacoby Ellsbury-1, Curtis Granderson-1, Jared Weaver-1, Ricky Romero-1
    (vacant team): CC Sabathia-4, Ian Kinsler-4, Jose Reyes-4, Mark Teixiera-2, Felix Hernandez-1, Elvis Andrus-1, Jose Bautista-1

So, to give an example, my keepers are currently looking something like this:

Slot A (indefinite): Troy Tulowitzki-4
    Slot B (4 max): Joey Votto-2
    Slot C (4 max): Josh Hamilton-2
    Slot D (3 max): Prince Fielder-1
    Slot E (3 max): Andrew McCutcheon-1
    Slot F (2 max): Matt Kemp-1
    Slot G (2 max): Starlin Castro-0

Some of you guys have multiple players with a 4 next to their name. Only one of these guys can be kept by any one team (in the indefinite slot). Therefore, I am expecting some trade activity to occur.

10. fadeaway

This is all assuming we can get another owner to fill the vacant team. There's no way the league can contract any further.

11. Rocketball

Supporting Member

Fade, that list isn't right as far as keepers go as I traded I believe Hanley Ramirez last year for Albert Pujols..... Pujols is on my roster, Ramirez is not....

12. fadeaway

Those are the declared keepers for last year, not an updated list. If you traded Hanley for Pujols during the season, then both Pujols' and Hanley's keeper numbers have been reset to zero.

13. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

About when does the draft begin, again?

14. fadeaway

Pretty soon, I would say. Maybe next week. I am working on getting the open team filled.

15. PhiSlammaJamma

From deep in the heart of Pittsburgh this week, my keepers are

Clayton Kershaw ( Pitcher ) - 4 ( Franchise Tag )
    Stephen Strasburg ( Pitcher ) - 1
    David Price ( Pitcher ) - 1
    Kris Medlen ( Pitcher ) - 0
    Dylan Bundy ( Pitcher ) - 0
    David Wright ( Third Base ) - 0

16. fadeaway

Just floating this out there... would anyone have a big problem with eliminating the overall SP and RP maximum games pitched limits for the season, and instead going with a weekly restriction?

So, instead of having 185 max SP games and 140 max RP games for the year, we would instead change it so that each team simply starts 7 pitchers per game period as follows (you choose):

i) 5 SP and 2 RP
    or
    ii) 4 SP and 3 RP

This is pretty similar to what we do for the playoffs anyway, and it would really cut down a lot of the maintenance work I have to do throughout the season (having to add up all the SP and RP games for each team every week and keep a running total).

What do you think?

17. fadeaway

Also, it is going to be $7.40 each to cover the site fee this year. Please send via PayPal to my e-mail as soon as you can so I can renew the site. I am hoping to start the draft this weekend.

18. Rocketball

Supporting Member

Fade,

Whichever way you want to do it, I really don't care....bottom line, just playing for fun as always in these fantasy leagues.

19. PhiSlammaJamma

I would be ok with that. I don't think it would impact too many game or season stategies, though there are times when someone who might go 7 relievers will now be forced to dig up some starters or vice versa. I would be in favor of 5 and 2 since that is more like a real rotation. And also because there are more starters available for folks to pick up than relievers. It seems like it would require you to have more pitchers on your staff for low periods of relief or starters. So that would be the drawback. I'm ok with that, but will the rosters need to be expanded a bit to ease the burden? or can we manage it ok.

20. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

any chance of a trade deadline this year?