1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Suns 3/9/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 9, 2013.

1. hooroo

hooroo Member

No, we just need another star next to Harden.

2. amaru

amaru Member

Rooting for the Bucks to win tonight so the GSW doesn't move ahead.

3. VanityHalfBlack

I would bet on it based on their team record;) Which team is Dragic on that is in the bottom of their division? Yeah I thought so? One game and your dream boy from Slovenia got you all aroused and sweaty...

4. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

Now if only he did that every night, his team still has a pitiful record and he played on par with Lin tonight who played like garbage, except Dragic was at home and is suppose to be entering his prime being 2 years older than Lin.
    Did you ignore his FG%, FT%, 3P%? because he's worse at all of them than Jeremy.
    So yes, he sucks and I can see why Morey passed on him. :)

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

He pretty much does.

He's just not disciplined. People just say this because he has this calm demeanor, even when he's hitt a big three he has this laid back mood to him. So he doesn't 'bring it' but watch him man up against someone when he knows what he's supposed to do. That guy isn't blowing right past him or getting past him much. He even did so against Lebron James.

The problem with Harden and the team defense as a whole is no discipline. One man gets beat and the entire defense is beat because one guy is ball watching and the other guy is going for a steal, and the other team is getting a lay up or a open shot.

6. OpportunityCost

Derrick Rose please play tomorrow. You can rest for the remainder of the season, but just play tomorrow, please!!

7. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

Heh, not just everybody can be 1-10 and finish 6 -13. Five out of three in the fourth quarter, no wonder we got so discouraged.

8. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>McHale: "Goran made some big plays. We didn't execute very well. We didn't defend very well. Didn't take care of the ball. Didn't rebound."</p>&mdash; ClutchFans.net (@clutchfans) <a href="https://twitter.com/clutchfans/status/310616120434491392">March 10, 2013</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

9. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

We will see Wednesday I'm not going to entertain arguing this... The game will speak for itself.

10. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

Tough loss!!!!!!!!
    Moving on!!!!!!!
    Chit happens!!!!!!

Rednation ftw!! I don't give a ***k. We're gonna make noise in the playoffs!

11. DBRox

DBRox Contributing Member

For people saying Dragic sucked, you need to remember that team went from Nash to Dragic. NASH! Dragic doesn't suck but the team still has to adjust because Nash makes it easier. They are basically rebuilding as well.

12. Dentyne

Dentyne Member

You're correct, we won't know until that time does come.

Just that -- well, everyone was so happy for Dmo to get the start and then it was like so many just turned on him because he struggled in that other game.

My point is, I hope everyone does well -- it does freak me out when many just turn on a player...would not want that to happen to Aaron Brooks :(

Think about it.... the last few weeks.......the highs/the lows of this board, rather extreme

13. radd

radd Member

yeah it's true... kobe was a complete player a couple of years back when he won all the titles but he quit playing defense too as he got older. last few games thoug he's been bringing it on both ends.

14. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

.487 FG% .455 3P% 2TO (before the game)

.479 FG% .375 3P% 2.6TO (after the game)

15. VanityHalfBlack

Never seen so many eurotrash in the Garm before.. Can't wait till Wednesday when we flood you guys out of here.

16. alX

alX Member

i've been saying that too much lately...even in the games they win.
    i think i'm going to take a break and revisit this team in a year when they've hopefully learned from all the same mistakes and corrected their cornucopia of bad habits.

like when:

A. harden learns to take care of the ball and notices there are other players on his team. he's becoming a bit of a diva.
    B. asik learns how to finish, make free throws, block shots or even make a layup two inches from his face.
    C. parsons opts to play on a team that will appreciate him, that will pay him what he deserves and that wants to play defense.
    D. lin plays with some control and consistency.
    E. motiejunas realizes he is not a guard and that being 7 feet tall you can use your godd@m
    frankenstein size and freakish quickness to get easy points in the paint instead of chucking, chunking and choking from the three-point line.

i'll say it again. these guys need a certain kind of basketball coach. i think mchale would be a good coach for veterans, not a this embryonic bunch.
    i think maybe not making the playoffs will instill some humility in these (mostly) kids. i have to remind myself of that. they're kids, the most infuriating creatures on the planet.

ok. got that off my chest.
    now to the things in life that i can truly enjoy and rely on...opiates....no, i'm kidding....music.

17. art

art Member

the thing with lowry/dragic/lin is that they are all pretty much the same. none of those guys are star players or that much better than one another. we pretty much knew what we had with dragic and lowry and what their peak was gonna be. les and morey took a chance on "linsanity" and hoped he could bring some of that to houston and sell some tickets.

beverly has been so hestitant to shoot the ball. every time he has a shot, he decideds to drive and pass it up. i really hope we get to see AB for a few minutes next gm.

it's crazy how mchale chooses which new guys get to play. bev and throb basically got time when they got on the team. dmo had to wait and tjones cant even get out of the dleague. if anything, tjones can bring energy, rebound, etc. lets see what he got.

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Who boxes out on this team?

The whole purpose is to run run run, you can't run and box out at the same time if you are a guard. That's just the style they play.

I don't see that, I don't see him 'letting' people get past him so he can get a steal. There is a difference though if he's shading a man to go into the post so that he can send them to the bigs, but I don't see that alot because the Rockets don't play great defense as a team to really do that.

19. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

it's not this one game. He's running the show in PHoenix and is averaging 1 more pt than Lin for the whole season. SUns dont even want him playing point a lot so they put Kendall Marshall in with him. Still his shooting %age is about the same as Lin and he shoots worse from 3. It's not 1 game, it's the whole season thus far. If Lin were to leave town today and put Dragic numbers for a team like the Suns, people here would point and say "see he's doing nothing!!! He sucks!!"

20. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

why didnt aaron brooks get any burn? we still have this scrub patrick beverley playing heavy minutes?

aaron brooks is a super fit next to harden!!!

wtf is wrong with the rockets staff