1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I saw this today in slow motion

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by LonghornFan, Mar 8, 2013.

1. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

http://www.click2houston.com/news/F...way/-/1735978/19226738/-/9jhijcz/-/index.html

[​IMG]

Just sickening. I knew when seeing it in person someone had died. Just a horrible feeling.

2. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

saw that on the afternoon news, yesterday. never cool to see something like that happen.

3. H-townhero

H-townhero Member

I saw something like this off 290 a few days ago, was closed for like 7 hours because of it. 2 deaths, not something you expect getting off work and driving home at 6 am >.>

4. droopy421

droopy421 Member

Witnessed a single vehicle truck crash back in 2006 around 1am after getting off of work. Drunk driver hit a guardrail off of Tidwell and went flying through the air until it landed on its side taking a good long skid after landing. I honestly felt like the truck was in the air for 10 seconds as everything seemed to slow down even though it was actually about a second. The guy wasn't wearing a seatbelt, and me and my buddy stopped to try to help. Absolutely nothing we could have done. Was 18 at the time and it scared me ****less. Was the most gruesome thing I've witnessed in person. :(

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Seen this happen to some kids a few years back. The driver wasn't paying attention to the road and a gas refill tanker truck was parked on the road in the middle of the night with no lights on refilling gas pumps at a gas station. It definitely went in slow motion, the driver of my car swerved because we were right next to them, essentially boxing them out from escape. Not sure how bad it wound up being for them, they started braking/looking to cut into our lane about 15ft before impact.

Gruesome, scary? Didn't phase me.

6. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Can you please not use the word "sickening"? Unless you know the real meaning and only saying it to denote "cool" like today's kids, please don't use it, sir. :eek: I'd like to eradicate this word because people are using it to mean "deficient in health."

1 person likes this.
  7. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

It makes me lol when you correct other people's grammar. It's like the ultimate irony.

8. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

:) I know, man. Can you please stop using the word "irony"? I'd like to erase it completely because I don't know if you're referring to the Marvel Superhero and it's insulting me. Thank you.