1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Mavericks 3/6/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 5, 2013.

1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Not having Asik on the floor in the fourth quarter didn't bother me. The Mavs were playing small as well.

Maybe Beverley + Lin + Harden + Parsons + Robinson would have been an interesting lineup to try, but McHale trusts Delfino in these situations. I thought Beverley's and Robinson's energy and defensive play was great. I don't blame McHale for wanting to reward that by keeping them on the floor.

2. javajam

javajam Contributing Member

I love Jeremy, but Beverley had helped narrow the gap and kept it close. Dallas had an amazing shooting night. Boo. Disappointing.

3. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

So Lin was 5-10 w/ 12 pts and he sat out the whole 4th quarter ...I do not get McHale subs sometimes.... Beverley had 7 assist but if you passing to Parsons, Delfino, Garcia and Harden... I could get 7 assist as well...but whatev

4. New

You joined this year? I guess you are very afraid of getting LOF label...

5. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Lin discussing the game: "There was the whole... (long pause) uhhhh I'm not trying to get fined, so I'll leave it at that."

Was Lin hinting on the officiating or McFail's failed experiment? Again, I'm not blaming Beverley as he came out and played his guts out.

6. torocan

torocan Member

And these two quotes show why McHale is clueless.

TRob has been with the team less than 2 weeks. Beverly not that much longer.

Neither was playing "lights out". They were playing decently, yes. However, neither Asik or Lin were having bad games. They have the most experience playing with the Current roster. And they're a big part of why we're in play off contention.

You do NOT sit your starters the entire 4th quarter for bench players unless the Bench players are either playing lights out, or the starters are playing badly.

"Energy"? WTF does THAT mean?

56 points (should have been 59) in the first half wasn't exactly playing on autopilot.

That's a rookie coaching move. In crunch time, you go with your most experienced and effective line up. That is NOT Beverly and TRob.

This one is squarely on McHale.

7. webattorney

webattorney Member

Response

One of the primary reasons why Bev is in the game is because Mac knows Bev defers to Harden. Once Mac decides to have Harden take over the offense, then honestly, Lin is not needed and would not have made any difference.

8. LastDyingBreed

i can only sum this game up by saying *sum ting wong with mcfail coaching. goodnight.

9. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

Our starters collectively had an off-night, but we were still in position to win.
    Kudos to our bench.
    This game is a prime example of why we need another superstar on this team to pick up the slack when Harden isn't having his A game.
    On to the next.

10. yunac010

yunac010 Member

Problem was the Mavs were hacking at Asik all night and he wasn't making them pay. While I do wish Asik was out there I can understand McHale's reasoning.

11. dmoneybangbang

Dwight actually is better offensively so I doubt Mchale would have sat Howard.

Bottomline, Mavs went small. We COULD have tried and go bigger with Asik, but to what ends? Can you answer that?

12. wapz

wapz Member

woooo found one

13. Penetrate&Creat

lol'd

truth be spoken.

14. neoxyphus

neoxyphus Member

I must have watched a different game.

I don't understand what Bev did in 4Q that was so special. He passed the ball, bricked couple of shots.

They shot over and under him.

15. OremLK

OremLK Member

6-11 with 15 points in my book.

16. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Haha....hijacking this thread...not afraid.:grin:

17. Hous-TO-n

Hous-TO-n Member

Last 5 min in 4th Quarter:

Jeremy Lin

GP FG% 3FG% FT% AST TO STL PTS
    26 54.2% 60.0% 78.9% 5 3 4 44

James Harden

GP FG% 3FG% FT% AST TO STL PTS
    31 43.1% 29.4% 85.7% 12 11 4 98

Carlos Delfino

GP FG% 3FG% FT% AST To STL PTS
    24 38.9% 33.3% 100% 4 1 1 21

Patrick Beverly

GP FG% 3FG% FT% AST To STL PTS
    6 33.3% 50.0% / 1 1 0 6

Explain everything
    --

18. webattorney

webattorney Member

Response

I agree with you. However, I think the real reason Mac didn't want Lin on the floor was he wanted a PG who would defer to Harden all the time.

19. vlee

vlee Member

Even if Beverley started, I don't think Lin would close games.

20. Rocketman1234

Rocketman1234 Member

this was absolutely on of the worst coaching jobs i have ever seen!!