1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Mavericks 3/6/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 5, 2013.

1. New

talking about kneejerking...

2. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

LOL ur not even 2012!

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

:grin:

+1

Rockets could have pulled out the win(obviously they didn't) and Lin fans would still be b****ing about Lin not playing enough/any minutes in the 4th.

:grin:

4. Rocket Addict

Rocket Addict Member

Count me in with the group frustrated by McHale's substitutions tonight. More concerning than the Lin/Beverly decision, though, was his mix of Robinson|Asik|D-Mo.

His decision to play Robinson more minutes and bench D-Mo (who didn't have his outside shot going) concerns me for two reasons: 1) I think D-Mo's inside game can help the team and Robinson's presence forces D-Mo to the outside even when playing backup center minutes, and 2) it is tough to play Robinson and Asik on the court at the same time due to the offensive spacing problems it creates, and I think Asik needs to be on the floor to bring defense and rebounding. I'm all for bringing Robinson along, but I really don't understand leaving Asik on the bench in the 4th and failing to take advantage of D-Mo's very good post game.

5. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

it's never one reason...and he's not the 1 reason they lose games like you and others sometimes suggest.

But today they are right..there's no reason for him not to be there in the 4th.. YOu needed offense...Bev wasnt leading the team back from some huge comeback....the opposing PG was not going off.

And people need to stop talking about Asik's ft. 1-2 is still 1 more point than if he never grabbed an offensive board and went back up in the first place.

6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

LOF...

7. DXtreme

DXtreme Member

The players weren't even listening, they just walked away when Mchale's not even finished. What I think is that my baby Rockets don't like Mchale, that's my personal opinion.

8. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

What is this based on that Lin can't get stops? If stops were that important what was Delfino doing in there?

9. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

I hate totally blaming refs but they were huge in this game. Also Rox didn't execute in second half down the stretch. Asik really hurt the team with all his missed free throws in the 3rd. Just poor second half against a bad team (and yes even though Dallas beat Rox 3-1 this year, the Mavs are a bad team). Rox also not good in close games which is indicative of their youth. Following a young team like the Rox can really be a roller coaster.

10. titanfan

titanfan Member

any other gm would have booted this sorry excuse for a coach out of here

11. torocan

torocan Member

So let me see if I got this right...

Our #1 half court Defense is Asik and Lin on the floor and McHale leaves them both sitting the 4th quarter.

Our #1 offensive line up includes Lin and he sits the entire 4th quarter where he has consistently shown to play his most effective basketball. This when Lin is shooting 50% despite having a questionable 3 point play rolled back at half time.

And the coach leaves Harden hanging out to dry ALONE on the floor in multiple ISO plays even though just having Lin on the floor forces opponents to rotate coverage constantly.

And this with Beverly scoring ZERO points the entire night?

The fourth quarter rotations made ZERO sense to me.

4 people like this.
  12. zdrav

zdrav Member

After Patrick Beverley dropped 29-9 on Russell Westbrook and helped James Harden exact revenge on his old team, there is no doubt that he should be the starting PG of the Rockets!

Who's with me?

2 people like this.
  13. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

What's the deal? LOF's are totally different from YOF's.

14. larry cook

larry cook Member

big plays exceeds points when you have parsons and harden as money on your wings. Beverlys play changed the whole game and brought us back. Lin may have scored but the team wouldn't have up roared defensively like they did when Beverly stormed in. We needed some stops. Rondo effects the game the same way.

15. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

was AB on the bench tonight if so how come he got no playing time?

16. Redmark

Redmark Member

It's not that Beverly got time playing. He was doing well, that's fine. It's that Lin sat out the entire 4th quarter. Who even does that? Of course Beverly would be the one doing better if he's the only one on the floor.

17. jetwave

jetwave Member

Mchale's excuse is probably going to be that this is a young, inexperience team. But I think he has too much pride to say that he's inexperience too.

18. webattorney

webattorney Member

Response

Also, if Mac wanted Harden to go ISO during last few plays, yes, it's true that Lin is not needed. But again and again, that strategy is not going to work when the opponents are keyed up to defend. The coach has to know who his starters are and why they are his starters -- because they are needed in crucial situation -- otherwise, make Bev a starter and Lin a back-up.

19. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

We literally already saw that two games ago. Orlando game we made a big comeback with Lin out, 32-23 4Q, and the post game was full of b****ing.

1 person likes this.
  20. muas2010

muas2010 Member

I agreed. Fastest way to tank this season.:rolleyes: